DCS Dilemma

Oubaas

I bought the Yak-52 and the Persian Gulf map the other day. That means that I now own everything except the Hawk, C-101, Bf109, and Fw-190. But don't worry, I'll pick those up shortly. I have to complete the entire collection.

The specific problem is that I have all the terrains, and all the helicopters. There's nothing left for me to covet! (The Persian Gulf map is great for helicopters, by the way.)

We need more helicopters, and more maps. This is urgent.

:pilotfly:

I would like to see New Mexico since it has everything for terrain mountains deserts and in between

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

New Mexico would make great helicopter flying terrain. I tend to stay in Las Cruces when I'm down that way, because it's a convenient stop at about the right time. But I like the whole state. Interesting terrain.

I wish they'd give us more Russia. In fact, they could create everything from Lavry, Pskov Oblast to Cape Dezhnev, Chukotka Autonomous Okrug, and from Cape Chelyuskin, Krasnoyarsk Krai to Mount Bazardyuzyu, Republic of Dagestan, and I'd buy it all. Then I'd fly helicopter exploration missions that would take days until I'd explored it all.

But for now, I'd settle for them sprucing up all the Russian ships and the KA-27, giving the KA-27 a cockpit and top level flight model, and putting it all together in a Russian Navy package. I'd give them $69.99 for that in a heartbeat. But the have to move the little white antennas on the CGN. Those bother me every time I land in the KA-50. I wish the Mi-8 fit on a CGN deck. But I'd grab up that KA-27 if they made it flyable.

(The Persian Gulf map is great for helicopters, by the way.)

Oubaas, can I ask why you think the Persia map is good for Helos? I don't question your statement, but after buying Nevada and being disappointed with the out-lying areas I feared that the Gulf would be the same. Are you referring to anything in particular in the map or all of it?

Thx Arch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

159th Guards Aviation Regiment; recruiting now! http://www.159thgar.com/

We now fly all modern Jets and Helos

Guys new terrains are coming, Sout Atlantic is being developed by Razbam, ED is developing both Afganistan, Iraq and Syria theater , plus another WW2 map is coming as well.....

the only think I'd like, as someone alreay asked is maps with real details and less plastic look like like, such as the arma3 engine looking ground.

From the above the terrain looks awesome but at low altitude they look ugly ( imho).

But that's a DCS engine limits....MAYBE with vulkan implementation there will be more space for devs to implement and increase texture quality on the ground.

And Matt Wagner has stated that "whole earth" is DCS'goal for the future!!

I think DCS is becoming the best military flight sim for "the pubblic" in the world... ;)

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Like if you already spent hundred of hours to beat the crap out of all the modules you got…

"I want to consume, consume consuuuuuuume, gimme moooore"

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

We need quality modules, not crap rushed out of the assembly lines...

Well said. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I think what is really missing is another study plane for the opfor. Meaning the only real opposition in terms of top fighters are the FC3 birds and they aren’t completely fleshed out. I think there are a lot of things they need to complete for this sim to round out. Perhaps I’m missing something but it seems incomplete.

....and I would like to see more cunning campaigns, with a decent amount of scripted and dynamic part as well.

AND a more sophisticated AI-Traffic & Opponent in general !!!

Let us refine all these wonderful stuff what we already got and then go further.

Refinement, Refinement, Refinement - that's what DCS really needs !!!!

All the very best.

Edited by NevSmith

:huh: WoW i don’t get it. There is so much. Ever thought of making missions, scripts, play with night and daytime, mist, rain and join a club too fly together? Your imagination are the bounderies of your DCS. Example i use my favorite songs when i kill some targets! It’s a true kick. I am a member of TAW. Flying together makes the real fun. Share knowledge become better. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

If we all stop consuming, how long do you think that Eagle Dynamics will be around? Oops! There goes your hobby!

I've been onboard this product line from the beginning, since long before DCS World existed. Add to that the fact that I'm retired from real life military aviation, and have all day, every day, to do whatever I please, and it's likely that the amount of time that it takes me to, "master" a module may be very different from the majority of flight simmers.

But thank you to all those who offered baseless criticism. I expect nothing less anywhere that I go on the Internet.

Yes, still lots missing. Module-wise we are quite well off, with the F-14 coming and in the near future the F-15E and F-16, just missing some advanced European jet like the Eurofighter:music_whistling:, But what we really need is more maps and Campaigns.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

I'd rather see Korea and Vietnam maps than more modern maps. Of course an F-4 would be required for the latter. ;)

As far as modules go, bring on the opfor modules so we have something that is high fidelity to fight with our Hornets and Tomcats. Stuff I have no interest in since I already have so much to learn on the current modules I own! I'd love for them to give me a breather, and let the guys who like the Soviet stuff see some love... And pay some bills!

I bought the Yak-52 and the Persian Gulf map the other day. That means that I now own everything except the Hawk, C-101, Bf109, and Fw-190. But don't worry, I'll pick those up shortly. I have to complete the entire collection.

The specific problem is that I have all the terrains, and all the helicopters. There's nothing left for me to covet! (The Persian Gulf map is great for helicopters, by the way.)

I watched an F-18 video featuring Wags and Crash the other day.

Wags mentioned an Apache. I look forward to the heli world in that someday.

The Persian Gulf map (and bundle) is my best DCS investment to date.

More buildings and more mountains is always good for my own personal taste at the present time. Picking off ground targets inside Dubai is the best yet. FPS is great and seems to be the best as well.

The video was very informative and Wag's explanations of the upcoming and the whys and wherefores was excellent. Good stuff is coming. They had to flesh out a few systems first.

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

Actually the roadmap 2019-2020 looks pretty good for maps and helicopters. Agree that they should be a bit of a priority.

Of course even more important is to keep up the quality of released content. Not to mention many long missing improvements to the core engine, gameplay and components. (CA and multiplayer to mention just some.)

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS