Mk20 Rockeye fixing

Eagle7907

After a lot of testing I noticed CCIP accuracy is still off. You need to pickle slightly after the target to get a good hit. Rockeyes still don't do anything if you change the function height. The Area of Effect stays the same regardless. The auto mode is not related to the CBU's or rockeyes but to the F-18 itself so I will bug post there. Still haven't made a proper video as I wanted to make sure I understood what was happening before I post something that makes sense.

As for Rockeye damaging SAMs and AA, they do but like I said you have to make sure the bomb is pickled late. So far if I pickle late I destroy the target every time. And Zu-23 emplacements are really hard to see to get a good drop on them haha.

So overall, for the Rockeye and CBU-99 they really just have to fix the function height so it spreads out properly. Rest of the fixes are plane related.

After a lot of testing I noticed CCIP accuracy is still off. You need to pickle slightly after the target to get a good hit. Rockeyes still don't do anything if you change the function height. The Area of Effect stays the same regardless. The auto mode is not related to the CBU's or rockeyes but to the F-18 itself so I will bug post there. Still haven't made a proper video as I wanted to make sure I understood what was happening before I post something that makes sense.

As for Rockeye damaging SAMs and AA, they do but like I said you have to make sure the bomb is pickled late. So far if I pickle late I destroy the target every time. And Zu-23 emplacements are really hard to see to get a good drop on them haha.

So overall, for the Rockeye and CBU-99 they really just have to fix the function height so it spreads out properly. Rest of the fixes are plane related.

I just tested your theory, and it seems to be accurate. I have to aim slightly behind target for an effect using ccip. Did this with APC's, and killed them with one shot. I even did this with the AV8. Same results.

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

• 1 year later...

years later and those rockeyes still do no damage to SAM sites. No effect on a Hawk M192, now please don't tell me those flimsy launchers with exposed missiles are hardened targets.

Edited by spec10

Really!! I always found MK-20, especially when dropped from Harrier, to be very effective. On soft skinned vehicles, even a few T-55. Its the CBU-87, which should eat tanks and armor, are useless! Drop 4 or 6 from A-10, watch them explode amid BTRs , BMPs, and artillery. Yet nothing is destroyed. Same for CBU-103 and 105, which should be extended range, and even better dispersion. Useless.

Really!! I always found MK-20, especially when dropped from Harrier, to be very effective. On soft skinned vehicles, even a few T-55. Its the CBU-87, which should eat tanks and armor, are useless! Drop 4 or 6 from A-10, watch them explode amid BTRs , BMPs, and artillery. Yet nothing is destroyed. Same for CBU-103 and 105, which should be extended range, and even better dispersion. Useless.

CBU105 useless? You are most definitely doing something wrong on the release profile. They are highly effective.

Ok regarding the Mk20's again i find them effective on the harrier, if targeting a moving tank in CCIP i tend to set to ripple of 2 with a 20 feet spacing - kills most times.

They do not seem to be as effective on the Hornet for some reason, although will still kill.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

Mk 20, Fast and low for me.

540 kts level, drop at 150' AGL CCIP/CCRP. SAM site, 10 x 6 x 500' spacing.

Can't miss.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..