DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I had it with DCS being broke.

Can I get info on reverting back 2 updates?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

I reverted back to 2.5.5.41962, it's the last really stable build for me, I'm not moving until I know I can fully use the Tomcat.

Edited by rwbishUP

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

What are your steam SS settings? I'd crank them down to 100% if they aren't there. Turn of MSAA. Turn off mirrors.

And turn off the game. We will not having more vr issue.

Two weeks waiting to have a patch like that ? So frustrating

I5 8600k@ 4.9Ghz and 1080ti. With Reverb I have 30fps in simple mission (free flight) with most things on low, and ugly stutters. VR is still UNPLAYABLE... paid a lot for all the modules and still cant play. Please ED make something because it is not acceptable.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G960F przy użyciu Tapatalka

I have a more powerfull computer then you thou with I9 CPU and 1080TI Graphic Card

And using Oculus rift but Im at 90 fps when im flying high, never ever below 45 when flying low in singel mission, and its very smooth for me..

It was a good patch for me..

Edited by Kristoffer79

Also, My moon is too small.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

PM inbound. LOL Just kidding with that ...

No really, the size of the moon is too small in VR for me. Not sure if I missed a joke in there M-O-O-N...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

And patches that don't trigger the anti virus.

The file G:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World open Beta\bin\World.dll is infected with Gen:Variant.Ursu.768621 and was moved to quarantine. It is recommended that you run a System Scan to make sure your system is clean.

And after restoring world.dll it triggers off another warning and quarantine:

The file G:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World open Beta\Mods\aircraft\F14\bin\F14-HeatblurCommon.dll is infected with Gen:Variant.Ursu.776114 and was moved to quarantine. It is recommended that you run a System Scan to make sure your system is clean.

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

Ohnoes! cl-luna-sad.png

Yeah, yeah... Some people complain about fluffy clouds in DCS, I complain about the moon being scaled wrong :smilewink:...

^^^^ This! Should be easy to do - regardless of what brand virus scanner one's using.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

What surprise to me a lot is that the changelog of today´s patch, ... nearly 100% of changes are totally cosmetic (appart aim-120...), in manuals, in missions, and this is the best... "adding a button to not disable sound when app minimizes" what is that? is that really necessary, and why spend resources on that?

More than one month passed since 2.5.6 disaster launch... just to add only cosmetic changes or mission correction? c´mon

What are your steam SS settings? I'd crank them down to 100% if they aren't there. Turn of MSAA. Turn off mirrors. I'm getting 45fps with my setup again after turning a bunch of stuff down/off. Its not great, but hopefully they can re-optimize again.
Im on 60Hz. So I have 30. AA and mirrors off, SS 100%. 45 is same sh#T ghosting during dogfights and quick moving target in front of you. During flying high maybe it is ok but it is NOT FS... Im also dissapointed with this patch... as many of us VR users. I know that some of us are ok with 10fps... but Im not talking about margin.

Edited by gorzasty

PC: i7 13700k, 64GB RAM 3200MHz DDR4, RTX 4090, VR: Quest 3.

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, crosswinds rudder pedals, VPC panel CP3, WinWing PTO2

What surprise to me a lot is that the changelog of today´s patch, ... nearly 100% of changes are totally cosmetic (appart aim-120...), in manuals, in missions, and this is the best... "adding a button to not disable sound when app minimizes" what is that? is that really necessary, and why spend resources on that?

More than one month passed since 2.5.6 disaster launch... just to add only cosmetic changes or mission correction? c´mon

Ahem... a little more to that:

Hi all

primary focus of this update is on 2.5.6 performance and stability, particularly on network play.

We have some more work to do and we will see further improvements in coming patches.

Thank you.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Im on 60Hz. So I have 30. AA and mirrors off. 45 is same sh#T ghosting during dogfights and quick moving target in front of you. During flying high maybe it is ok but it is NOT FS... Im also dissapointed with this patch... as many of us VR users. I know that some of us are ok with 10fps... but Im not talking about margin.

So, I don't know if it will help and its one of those things that doesn't make sense but might work. But I had terrible frames when I first switched from 2.5.5 to 2.5.6. I then went back to 2.5.5 since it was so bad. Then I went back to 2.5.6 and it was significantly better in terms of frames (nuking fxo/metashaders each time).

Also, I had all sorts of weird "black flashes" which were solved when I turned of MSAAx2, but when I turned it back on they didn't happen again.

So I'm wondering if there might be some weird file issue or corrupt settings issue that might be contributing to the the worst of the "problems".

I mean I still see a decent reduction in performance, I had no issues getting into the 50's and 60fps wise before and certainly no problem with 45 in 2.5.5. Now its a sturggle to maintain 45 and it does dip into the teens at times (on the runway usually, but once in a while airborne).

I'm flying fast jets in MP so close in dogfighting isn't something that happens all that often, usually its a BVR game.

So im gonna be "that guy" who actually has something positive to take away. Whilst im sure there are still lots of things to work through for ED and it wont fixed everything for everyone, this latest patch is noticably "smoother" for me in my 2D SP world. Not noticably more frames but significantly less jittering when zooming it and moving the TIR about.

I know this from having flown pretty much the same route at the same height and carried out the same routines every flight for the past 3 weeks as im learning both the ME and the Harrier.

Likely itll all go pear shaped if i jumped in the F14 and will no doubt continue to lock key presses in PG cos mother says i cant have nice things but im currently quietly pleased with the small steps forward in the little bit of the game im currently wrapped up in.

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

"adding a button to not disable sound when app minimizes" what is that? is that really necessary, and why spend resources on that?

It is a nice little option for people who often minimize their DCS-window without wanting the sound to stop. So when I go back to my desktop to read Chuck's guide, then I can still listen to the lovely sound of my jet engines. :thumbup:

It differs between comunities and use so the happy medium is hard to find, nevertheless there are crossovers. Also polls tend to be slanted towards those that engage with the community and look at DCS every day passionately, so most likely would miss some groups. Having said that in simplistic terms;

• Light users of DCS are intested in the obvious superficial details, visuals, lighting, immersion, completeness, configuration.
  • Multiplayer PvP players in balancing (eg missiles, performance data, equality), performance
  • Server admins in server performance, script availability, tools and bugs
  • Enthusiasts in accuracy, detail of aircraft modules
  • Scripters, content providers and modders in Core bugs, ME bugs, changes.

So, whilst you could, for example, post that the "floating Statics issue" was the most important to all groups, because statics are a decorative, visual used in both quick start, lessons and DLC, affect content creators and scripting alike, I have a different opinion based on a top down impact approach, in that the core of the game content is supplied by a small minority of people writing public missions or holding public servers and that these people actually keep the fan base loyal because they provide things to do after everyone has seemingly learned how to fly offline and consumed the missions and module content.

Some might say this is a very subjective and limited view because every type of DCS user "catagory" (simplistic view) is valuable and the iceberg effect of the vast silent majority of the single player market is the thing mostly sustaining DCS ecomonically. However I disagree with that view!

The DCS model is about getting the community to propel its own testing, marketing and content by providing a sandbox and mission editor, open source code in places, allowing 3rd parties to develop and allowing moddable content and a searchable user file repository for skins, units and missions. The people that matter are those people and the squadrons and events organisers and to a certain extent Social Media contributors and YT/twitch. Everyone of these people rely on making NEW content to keep DCS interesting. And by keeping people playing day after day in Multiplayer on interesting servers doing events, people stay and buy more modules to play with.

And if you are still with me, the top of that community pyramid are the enablers who make content to use, whether it's a Squadron leader, Server admin, YouTube channel, skinner, modder, addon creator or scripter. You ignore these people and wreck their days at your peril! Because if they get fedup with DCS the entire pyramid comes crashing down, people lose interest, servers get worse, communities get fragmented and the self propelling style of DCS comes to a halt in between module releases. And trust me, get out of the habit of playing DCS daily and it is not like riding a bike!

So, put simply, I'd like to see airbase id's solved as a priority; else I'll be taking a break, the MOOSE channel can go to hell and peoples scripting questions can get unanswered, AI CAP can blow up on the floor, Migs can carry on spawning in at McCarran! The server admins can sit there scratching their heads, reducing their available time, ruling out playing on NTTR or using it, because it's so broken, the servers can be taken offline to roll back again, the YT'rs can have nothing to play on, the Blue Flags and the others servers with scripts can roll back again and split the community between 2.5.6 and 2.5.5 and stable (whatever version that is) and finally the players can complain about X server, and the entire thing comes tumbling down and no one watches or cares when the Super Carrier is released because they are playing something else for a break! :) Top down... core first and foremost.

Pure speculation on my part but I wouldn't underestimate how much your definition of light users prop up ED financially and are blissfully unaware of what you consider to be the top of the pyramid and suggest is key to survival or growth.

People aren't going to be very vocal that they just like to fly cool planes, don't know how all the systems work let alone if they don't work like the real one did and don't venture onto multiplayer because it is the province of a few aviation experts!

IMHO there are significant numbers who like products like DCS because they feel more authentic without necessarily being able to validate it. Somehow it conveys a sense of professional simulation and a home PC based combat aircraft flying experience unavailable outside of commercial simulators. There is already a wealth of content to last the more casual user many years of pleasure and new things to discover and a decade's worth of youtube videos and online presence to attract interest. I would also wager that the vast majority of DCS users are unlikely to play multiplayer let alone have aspirations to be part of a virtual squadron. That isn't to decry any of those things as they are a great community development but I would argue against them as being quite as key as you suggest

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Haven't been using DCS but for about 6 mos. Is this something that has happened before, or is this something to be concerned about? I mean, is this a sign that we're going to lose DCS? And also, is the problem financial, time constraints, programmer resources or something else?

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

Haven't been using DCS but for about 6 mos. Is this something that has happened before, or is this something to be concerned about? I mean, is this a sign that we're going to lose DCS? And also, is the problem financial, time constraints, programmer resources or something else?

All of these serious questions!