VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Hollywood,

The path I have entered is the full path for the DCS folder, i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld, checked the "DCS custom parent folder" option, and clicked the set button. I still get the "no DCS World installation" message when opening the VoiceAttack window. I appreciate your help so far!

KC

Edit: I deleted all the .lua files that I had made any changes to then ran a file validation through steam to re-download those .lua's. Then I copied the exported files over, now Vaicom is recognizing the sim again!

Edited by KidCharlemagne

Sorry to be a pain but I too am having problems. I recently moved my DCS install to another drive and now VAICOM PRO cant find the install.

I've tried numerous solutions from the posts above including DCS Repair and manually installing the lua files as per the instructions on page 33 of the manual. I've also set the new DCS path in the config window option.

Anything else to try please! Many thanks for any help.

Regards,

WB

EDIT: Now this is getting strange, all appears to work fine in game - I can talk to the crew chief and Tower. But the config window (see second image attached) will not show which module is selected. I am currently using it for the F5E. Any ideas!?

EDIT2: After reading through almost all the posts in this thread, I'm now looking at using a Symlink to fool windows into thinking I haven't actually moved my DCS installation. I have used the 'Custom DCS Parent Folder' in the VAICOM configurator but it had no effect it appears.

VA.jpg.b6ff3e1adb3c223070e546e83fd6ec89.jpg

config.jpg.6e07d2f1c8b85eba7f70b576590f04f3.jpg

Edited by Whiskeybravo
Update

Hello Hollywood,

I had a problem with KURSANT campaign : I was not able to talk with ATC and AWACS. This was fixed by disabling the "force NATO ATC names" preference. I have not encountered this problem in custom missions on the same airfield/plane/ATC

very new to vaicom pro

hello

i've recently (like yesterday) purchased voice attack and vaicom pro to get a more immersive flying.

i tried to get to run in dcs world 1.5, but with no succes.

after that i uinstalled everything (including dcs world 1.5) and started over from scratch, but this time with dcs 2.5 instead.

this time i've got the thing working, and really well too.

Now here is my problem:

I'd tried today, to reinstall dcs 1.5 (because i have bad PC specs at the moment, hopefully that change in the future)

but still no cooperation with vaicom..

how can this be, and where am i going wrong??

thanks for your time :)

Hi Hollywood,

I'm still having issues after moving my DCS install despite following some readme advice - see post above. Bizarrely voice comms still seems to work (using the F5E at the moment) but the configuration window still won't show which module is loaded. It also has the flashing BCN text and displays EASY COMMUNICATIONS:On despite EASY Comms being set to off in the DCS options screen within DCS World.

Any clues? Could I uninstall VAICOM and re-install on the same drive as my DCS install?

And thanks for an amazing program BTW, I think we sometimes forget to appreciate all the hard work that people like you do for our community!

Cheers,

WB.

Hey Whiskey

Looks like your lua code is somehow not all properly in place. Things will depend on how you have moved your DCS install to another drive.

The plugin looks for path entry in Windows Registry but apparently it cannot find a valid entry there. BTW doesn't matter which harddrives are used.

Short of a DCS re-install (which would fix your registry) I suggest to enable the custom parent folder option as a workaround,

put the base folder in there using backslash notation e.g. 'E:\Mystuff\' if your install path is 'E:\Mystuff\DCS World'.

Check it out and PM me if you get stuck.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

For people curious about RIO functionality: it has my attention..:D

:thumbup:

Thanks, I was about to ask regarding that.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

great :)

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

:thumbup:

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

RIO? Help me please? What's that all about?

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

For the upcoming F-14 Tomcat- RIO Rader Intercepting Officer - the back seater in the Tomcat. The way to communicate will be through a menu rose - but with Vaicom we'll be able to use voice recognition instead

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

For the upcoming F-14 Tomcat- RIO Rader Intercepting Officer - the back seater in the Tomcat. The way to communicate will be through a menu rose - but with Vaicom we'll be able to use voice recognition instead

Dream come true then for me!! Can't wait. Hollywood, you rock bro!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

Check radio frequency ?

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Just getting back into Dcs after an extended break, thought I'd buy Vaicom Pro today, and I'm not having much luck getting anything up and running. Very much familiar with VA from too much time spent in ED with HCS Voicepacks, but a complete noob to Vaicom.

I'm noticing when I run the configuration utility, there's no aircraft listed in the window, it just says "Easy Communication On".

Here's a screenshot of my saved games. The game save is the DCS.openalpha folder, and the Dcs folder has the Vaicom stuff in it. Is that a problem, before I start digging any further?

vaicom.jpg.1e87942eb9b0bdf469a35a59091a3469.jpg

Here's the VA window, I can see that the saves isn't correct? The rest I have no clue about.

screen.thumb.jpg.8d5fea24239cec50bea96632d07aa2b3.jpg

I've read page 33 of the manual for a manual install, as my install is not standard, and for the life of me I don't understand what to do. In steps 3 and 5 those folders do not exist on my system, not those locations, and it doesn't say to change to "your install" location, hence the confusion.

I've also tried changing the parent folder in the configuration utility, that didn't do a thing. The logs still show it looking for a "very old" install location in the registry, which makes no sense for a program that can be freely moved at will to any location/drive you like.

Edited by Muskoka

i5 11600k 4.9ghz, 64gb 3600, 3070ti, multiple ssd/nvme, Rift S, TM Warthog / Throttle, Saitek Pedals, Nevada, Normandy, Syria, A10C/2, KA-50 3, P51D, L39, Huey, WW2 Assets, VaicomPro

Yeah , instructions gave me fits as well . However , there is an installation video on YouTube that made it all sooo

Easy !

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Yeah , instructions gave me fits as well . However , there is an installation video on YouTube that made it all sooo

Easy !

I've watched a few, the 17 minute video for VaicomPro 2.5 intro tutorial doesn't help at all with the issues I'm currently having. I wish it were that simple, and I was flying instead of seeking assistance.

i5 11600k 4.9ghz, 64gb 3600, 3070ti, multiple ssd/nvme, Rift S, TM Warthog / Throttle, Saitek Pedals, Nevada, Normandy, Syria, A10C/2, KA-50 3, P51D, L39, Huey, WW2 Assets, VaicomPro