Training Missions Not Recognizing A10 Install

Gomez Adams

I just installed the game and bought the A10 two days ago. What I wanted to do was learn to fly the game in the A10, but I didn't realize there is no such thing as a "free flight" or anything of that nature in this game.

So I downloaded the training missions pack found here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3127710/

Now I put that file in the missions folder and it does appear, but when I select it and start it, it says that the A10 must be installed. It continues to run anyway, but as a movie. I can't interact with it in any way.

Is that file no longer viable or am I missing something? I was sort of expecting it to act like the learning mission in the SU - where you start in the cockpit and it sort of walks you through things.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh hell. That's it. I didn't realize there were two different ones.

Forgive an idiot. I'll try to find another training mission for the A model.

Edit to add: Well, now I see why it was only 15 dollars - nothing exist for it. No training missions, nothing. That's why everything is made for the C model - it's 60 bucks. Now I see how this game works. Typical.

Edited by Gomez Adams

Yes, the A10A is part of the FC3 package. It's from the Lock On game. It doesn't have the advancements the A-10C has. The A-10C is well worth the price if you want a study sim. It takes a long time to learn but it's very rewarding.

Buzz

Wish I had known that from the outset. Last thing I need is another money pit.

Thanks for the help, but I'll just take it as a 15 dollar lesson and move on.

Hey Gomez...Dont lose heart...Keep an eye out...the C model goes on sale every couple of months...Greta Name BTW.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Edit to add: Well, now I see why it was only 15 dollars - nothing exist for it. No training missions, nothing. That's why everything is made for the C model - it's 60 bucks. Now I see how this game works. Typical.

Each module is sold separately. As another poster posted you are not required to buy modules, you can buy one and be happy forever. It's a far cry from how many other Devs do DLC.

Wish I had known that from the outset. Last thing I need is another money pit.
Nothing is hidden about how ED operates.

Thanks for the help, but I'll just take it as a 15 dollar lesson and move on.
You can always create your own missions with the Mission Editor or you can use the Mission Generator. I highly encourage you to pick up the A-10C when you see it on sale again, it is well worth the $60 price tag and it will give you years of a joyful flying experience.

Check out the many A-10C videos on youtube to get an idea of what you are missing.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT