Iranian F-14A (AM) A-A loadout

Glimmer

Heatblur, what weapons do you plan to release on Iranian F-14A (AM)? :)

Iranian AIM-7 / 9 copies, Fakour-90, air-to-air Hawk (pic 3 and 4), R-27s (E maybe) (don't know about T version).... maybe R-73 (I don't have photos and any proofs about it, sorry :( )

And what about version of aircraft? It will be only F-14A from 80s? Or you will try to make F-14AM (I know... too hard for search information)? :)

1495844682_s-r-27.png

U7jd1.jpg

1495844739_f-14-s-hok.png

1495844816_f-14gr_sky_hawk.jpg

Су-27 Flanker | Су-30 Flanker-C | Су-33 Flanker-D | Су-34 Fullback | Су-24 Fencer | МиГ-29 Fulcrum | F-14A/B/D Tomcat | F/A-18C/D Hornet | F/A-18E/F Super Hornet | F-16C Fighting Falcon | F-15C Eagle | Eurofighter Typhoon | Tornado IDS | JAS-39 Gripen | AJ/JA(S)-37 Viggen | Rafale | M-2000 Mirage | Mirage F1

Ka-52 Hokum | Mi-28N Havoc | Mi-35M Hind | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | AH-1W SuperCobra

I think you're gonna have to settle for the F14A once it hits, and the Iranian airforce skin. These brilliant guys have their hands full just getting the B out the door.

On the bright side, the A should be a more capable variant of the AM version. :thumbup:

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Hi there. the project TOFAN ( firing R-27 from F-14 ) was canceled due to AWG-9 was unable to guide R-27. but the R-73 was tested successful but held as a alternative missile for the tomcat.

AIM-23C HAWK (project sedjil) was very successful and has archived one victory in 1988 by shooting down Iraqi MIG-29A. F-14 can only carry 2 AIM-23C. Fakour-90 is upgraded AIM-23C in AIM-54A body so tomcat can carry 6 of them. some news reported that Fakour-90 is using active homing seeker but this is not proven yet.

Hi there. the project TOFAN ( firing R-27 from F-14 ) was canceled due to AWG-9 was unable to guide R-27. but the R-73 was tested successful but held as a alternative missile for the tomcat.

AIM-23C HAWK (project sedjil) was very successful and has archived one victory in 1988 by shooting down Iraqi MIG-29A. F-14 can only carry 2 AIM-23C. Fakour-90 is upgraded AIM-23C in AIM-54A body so tomcat can carry 6 of them. some news reported that Fakour-90 is using active homing seeker but this is not proven yet.

Thank you for this info, man! :)

Do IRIAF have any modern AIM-7 / AIM-9 copies?)

Су-27 Flanker | Су-30 Flanker-C | Су-33 Flanker-D | Су-34 Fullback | Су-24 Fencer | МиГ-29 Fulcrum | F-14A/B/D Tomcat | F/A-18C/D Hornet | F/A-18E/F Super Hornet | F-16C Fighting Falcon | F-15C Eagle | Eurofighter Typhoon | Tornado IDS | JAS-39 Gripen | AJ/JA(S)-37 Viggen | Rafale | M-2000 Mirage | Mirage F1

Ka-52 Hokum | Mi-28N Havoc | Mi-35M Hind | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | AH-1W SuperCobra

Some interesting information here, didn't about the AIM-23C. R-27 on the Tomcat looks interesting, too bad the AWG can't home it in. Would definately be great to see those real loadouts possible eventually since the F-14 is one of the major assets of the IRIAF.

ud3ztpko.gif

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

as I know IRIAF is using AIM-7E-4 on the F-14.

also IRIAF is now using AIM-9P and AIM-9L (Iranian made AIM-9 named FATER) on tomcats.

during Iran-Iraq war. the most successful missile for the TOMCAT was AIM-54A with scoring 70% of 110-160 kills of TOMCAT. the sparrow has scored one or two kills during war :noexpression:

the rest of the kills was scored by M61A1 and AIM-9P and some maneuver kills.

AIM-54 has scored 3 kills by one missile by shooting down 3 MIG-23s.

Edited by -= IRIAF =- Gunslinger

From what Ive read the Hawk kill was dropped from an F-14 but guided by a ground hawk radar. It also had problems working with the AWG-9

that is wrong data. HAWK is being produced as the TOMCAT main weapon named FAKOUR-90 in AIM-54 body and the AWG-9 can guide this missile without any problem. FAKOUR-90 is a medium range missile ( about 100KM) using upgraded HAWK SAM missile in AIM-54 body. the seeker of missile is still unknown but in the test video pilot used FOX ONE code for firing the missile.

as I know IRIAF is using AIM-7E-4 on the F-14..

AIM-7E-4 is Iraninan mod?

I just know only about AIM-7E-2.

https://www.forecastinternational.com/archive/disp_pdf.cfm?DACH_RECNO=600

Finally, we have: :)

• AIM-54A (unknown engine model)
  • Fakour-90 (improved body AIM-54A without Active Radar)
  • Sedjil (AIM-23C (air-to-air MIM-23 Hawk))
  • AIM-7E (E-2 ???)

• AIM-9P
  • Fater (Iranian version AIM-9L)
  • R-73

as I know IRIAF is using AIM-7E-4 on the F-14.

also IRIAF is now using AIM-9P and AIM-9L (Iranian made AIM-9 named FATER) on tomcats.

during Iran-Iraq war. the most successful missile for the TOMCAT was AIM-54A with scoring 70% of 110-160 kills of TOMCAT. the sparrow has scored one or two kills during war :noexpression:

the rest of the kills was scored by M61A1 and AIM-9P and some maneuver kills.

AIM-54 has scored 3 kills by one missile by shooting down 3 MIG-23s.

70 % ? OMG, thats scary. Can't imagine how lethal it is in DCS.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Success and failure of tactics will be on both the sides, the Tomcat drivers and their adversaries. The first 6 months will be exciting as people hone skills and try new techniques and strategies. I'll wring ever last bit of performance and strategy out of the Tomcat, and I know I won't be alone.

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

Tbh, they won't stand a chance against US F-14s and anything else, especially in a modern setting

I don't think thats the point of this thread ;) There are obviously quite a few Iranian virtual pilots who would like to see their version of this beautiful bird in the sim.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Before time I posted what exactly used IIAF and IRIAF in war.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=216045

In fact IRIAF in war (Iraq/Iran) used a original US weapons.

Air to Air loadout

AIM-54A Phoenix (ECCM was there a bit downgraded against same AIM-54A used in same time in US NAVY)

AIM-7E-4 Sparrow - from deliveries for F-4s for IIAF (AIM-7F never been delivered to Iran, but before islamic revolution it was planned)

AIM-9P Sidewinder- from deliveries for F-4s/ F-14As for IIAF

So no need create any "modern" IRIAF misiles which are in fact non-documented weapons.

There is no chance found any descriptions for example how fakour misile in real work/ fly.

And maybe it's just lying by Iran for "deception the enemy" that they have succeeded in reversing engineering to create the copy AIM-54A.

Maybe here is not a copy of AIM-54 called Fakour.

And MIM - Hawk adapted for F-14, was canceled a never used in action. There was big problem with cooperaction with radar AWG-9.

Edited by Magot

70 % ? OMG, thats scary. Can't imagine how lethal it is in DCS.

Its not true. Real confirmed is 62 kills by AIM-54As and 20 kill by AIM-54As are unconfirmed for whole time use in IIAF/ IRIAF.

Rest confirmations what is know on "west sources" is that several kills was hit by "AAM", there is no specifed what exactly misile was used (AIM-54/ AIM-7/ AIM-9)

All kills was by original US AIM-54A Phoenix. Not "Fakour".

Edited by Magot

HAWK missile is being mass production in both AIM-23C and FAKOUR-90 versions.

"mass production" lol- like your F-5 copy? FAKOUR-90 isn't a hawk and has nothing to do with it. "AIM-23C" doesn't tune to an AWG-9, but an F-14 can serve as an airborne launch vehicle if a HAWK radar has a target. I'm interested in what technology they use for the battery in the Fakour 90 to keep it operating at range...

So far I'm sorry buts its all fluff. I'll credit the Iranians keeping maybe 24 jets near FMC and the others able to get airborne. So you have an AIM-9P shooter and an AIM-7E-4 shooter. Other missiles "tested" and in "mass production" but only seen in publicity shots and never a live AIM-54 or FAKOUR 90 on a patrol jet.

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

https://www.csg-1.com/

DCS F-14 Pilot/RIO Discord:

https://discord.gg/6bbthxk

"mass production" lol- like your F-5 copy? FAKOUR-90 isn't a hawk and has nothing to do with it. "AIM-23C" doesn't tune to an AWG-9, but an F-14 can serve as an airborne launch vehicle if a HAWK radar has a target. I'm interested in what technology they use for the battery in the Fakour 90 to keep it operating at range...

So far I'm sorry buts its all fluff. I'll credit the Iranians keeping maybe 24 jets near FMC and the others able to get airborne. So you have an AIM-9P shooter and an AIM-7E-4 shooter. Other missiles "tested" and in "mass production" but only seen in publicity shots and never a live AIM-54 or FAKOUR 90 on a patrol jet.

F-5 and no other jets is not being produced. that F-5 copy was test bed for a third gen fighter using forth gen avionics ( I really dont have any idea why they have done this :( ).

but the thing is I dont know what is your document and what is that source of your document that is saying AWG-9 ( IRIAF had made a major upgrade in the AWG-9 with replacing all old style electronics with new ones) is unable to guide hawk missile. that is wrong data because there are +20 hawk fire tests from tomcat with 80% confirmed hits against target drones and two shots against real enemy jets in iran-iraq war. ( one kill confirmed. target: MIG-29A ).

FAKOUR-90: there is no details about this missile but the thing is they said that this missile is a medium range AAM in AIM-54s body. and in the test, pilot used code FOX ONE. so I think that it is HAWK inside the missile.

and that is true, we have only 20-30 cats flying of 70 available F-14:cry:.

IRIAF has old aircrafts and until new jets are purchased, they have to keep these jets alive.

Its not true. Real confirmed is 62 AIM-54As and 20 AIM-54As are unconfirmed for whole time use in IIAF/ IRIAF.

Rest confirmations what is know on "west sources" is that several kills was hit by "AAM", there is no specifed what exactly misile was used (AIM-54/ AIM-7/ AIM-9)

All kills was by original US AIM-54A Phoenix. Not "Fakour".

there are several sources about the number of kills scored by tomcat. but I have some F-14 pilots in contact and they say it is about 110-160 kills ( I believe it is 112 kills as I counted and I found cues of these kills) and 70% were scored by AIM-54A (not FAKOUR-90, FAKOUR has introduced in 2015 and it was not available in 1980!!!). I have count only one kill with AIM-7E:noexpression: