Kneeboard Builder (windows app) - Page 141 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-26-2020, 05:35 PM   #1401
Bbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudel_chw View Post
Yes, but, were you able to save the shortcuts?
Good question! I just had a quick check and indeed the shortcuts were removed! I assumed it was because I was messing around with the kneeboard and did something I shouldn't have.

So there is no way of saving the shortcuts?
Bbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 05:48 PM   #1402
Rudel_chw
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbow View Post
So there is no way of saving the shortcuts?
Unfortunately, no

Currently the Kneeboard show its contents using the following order:

- Generated Map of the flight area.
- Aircraft's Kneeboard (only on some aircrafts, like the MiG-21, Viggen, C-101, etc)
- Content of Saved Games/DCS/Kneeboard/<aircraft>/
- Terrain's Kneeboard (if any, currently only Caucasus and Nevada have content)
- Mission's Kneeboard (on /KNEEBOARD/IMAGES/ within the .miz file)

My wish, would be that DCS autogenerate shortcuts to each of these Sections ... and also ideally to have the Mission's kneeboard closer to the top of this list, for example:

- Generated Map of the flight area.
- Mission's Kneeboard (on /KNEEBOARD/IMAGES/ within the .miz file)
- Aircraft's Kneeboard (only on some aircrafts, like the MiG-21, Viggen, C-101, etc)
- Content of Saved Games/DCS/Kneeboard/<aircraft>/
- Terrain's Kneeboard (if any, currently only Caucasus and Nevada have content)

The Kneeboard is so important when one is learning an aircraft, that I wonder why ED has not updated it a bit .. well, one can only hope

Cheers.
Rudel_chw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 12:30 PM   #1403
Bbow

For the F16 guys, if you find that your DED doesn't work properly and it's blank on the main page you should do a REPAIR or INTEGRITY check with STEAM and do not use the Kneeboard Builder to create a kneeboard. This solved the problem for me.
Old 03-28-2020, 01:22 PM   #1404
Rudel_chw
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbow View Post
For the F16 guys, if you find that your DED doesn't work properly and it's blank on the main page you should do a REPAIR or INTEGRITY check with STEAM and do not use the Kneeboard Builder to create a kneeboard. This solved the problem for me.
I wonder what relationship there may be between the DED and the Kneeboard? ... for me, it works fine:

Rudel_chw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 03:33 PM   #1405
Bbow

No idea, but after the Integrity check and avoidance of the kneeboard builder its working fine. Really odd. It's shame because I like the program.
Old 03-31-2020, 04:30 PM   #1406
Bbow

Got a bit of a problem. I noticed that since using Kneeboard builder my F16 module will only accept and display PNG files in it's kneeboard folder if they are named the same as what the GROUP is called.

I noticed that for any other module I can just throw a bunch of png files in their kneeboard folder and they get displayed no matter what they are called because I didn't use Kneeboard builder for those modules.

How do I change the settings for my F16 module kneeboard to get it to accept and display png files that aren't name the same as the folder? Its as if there is a setting that says "only display png files named 01 F16 001.png , 01 / 01 F16 002.png / 01 F16 003.png etc etc

Looked everywhere to change this but no luck. ANy ideas?
Old 04-01-2020, 01:21 AM   #1407
sgilewicz

"All credits to AlaskanGrizzly for this.
This seems a great program to create custom kneeboards and after seeing dburne's entry about working with it in VR, i thought of having a go.

However, nothing in the world i do makes this thing work.
I'm stuck at creating a profile and i have no clue how to make one (the manual is a bit old because some things seem to have been changed in the software but the didn't make it to the manual yet. One of these things is creating a profile.
I managed to set some options (LOL), import a PDF (A-10C manual), created a Custom Kneeboard, select the A-10C aircraft, added a group, moved that over to the Custom Kneeboard and then build a custom Kneeboard for the A-10C. All without a single error, i can see quite some .jpg files in the A-10C which are created out of the A-10C manual pdf but...

... i'm not able to create any profile. If i go there i don't have the same options as in the manual, i have Kneeboard Profiles instead of Kneeboard Settings (what's in a name?) but once in that menu, i can't do anything. I don't have the option the even create a profile, all i have is Modify (greyed out because i obviously don't have one created) and Restore Defaults so i need a bit of guidance because i don't have a single clue on what i'm missing except the fact that i can't follow the manual because i don't see/have what i supposed to see/have."

Exactly the same steps and exactly the same problem here! Where is the settings page? MIA on my install.

Last edited by sgilewicz; 04-01-2020 at 01:23 AM.
sgilewicz is offline   Reply With Quote