HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

Interesting, I have never had those issues with auto. I am usually at 45, but regularly go to 90 when not much activity or looking at the sky.

Only ever see 45 or 90 and never have stuttering.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Yesterday the WMR plugin has been updated again:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/719950/announcements/detail/1691596648443063622

The changelog is reporting a scaling improvement for Reverb

BTW, I think that people reporting problems should indicate what version of plugin and SteamVR are in use...

What does this mean / implications for settings?

"Removes the renderTargetScale setting" wth is that?

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

What does this mean / implications for settings?

"Removes the renderTargetScale setting" wth is that?

It means SteamVR will now produce the Reverb's native resolution with no SS. You can now set that slider to 100% and get native resolution, instead of having to crank SS up to 150% and higher.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Interesting, I have never had those issues with auto. I am usually at 45, but regularly go to 90 when not much activity or looking at the sky.

Only ever see 45 or 90 and never have stuttering.

I wouldn't know about that. I don't really ever look at FPS counters, just go by how it looks and feels. :)

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Anyone with a FOV comparison with a Vive Pro and in particular NVG

NVG in HP Reverb cover the whole FOV and one cannot see the instruments underneath (without the NVG green haze, unreadable).

Vive Pro supposedly has a lot more downside FOV,

and one has proper cleared view underneath the NVG binoculars so to read the DDI's?

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

I wouldn't know about that. I don't really ever look at FPS counters, just go by how it looks and feels. :)

Fine, but if you want to judge the effect of different settings, then assessing the frame times, FPS and CPU/GPU load in fpsVR is pretty essential.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Fine, but if you want to judge the effect of different settings, then assessing the frame times, FPS and CPU/GPU load in fpsVR is pretty essential.

And at the end of the day that's all academic. What matters is how it looks and feels. :D

And at the end of the day that's all academic. What matters is how it looks and feels. :D

Not really, especially if you care about the health of your CPU and GPU! You don’t want them to be bashing away at 100% load and 100 degrees, no matter how it looks and feels.

Not really, especially if you care about the health of your CPU and GPU! You don’t want them to be bashing away at 100% load and 100 degrees, no matter how it looks and feels.

That's what CPUID is for, and I've never been interested in overclocking anything (except for a mild OC on my CPU) or messing with processor affinity. I just experiment with normal settings until I figure out what is causing the visual anomalies, and which approaches appear to be the most efficient.

That's what CPUID is for, and I've never been interested in overclocking anything (except for a mild OC on my CPU) or messing with processor affinity. I just experiment with normal settings until I figure out what is causing the visual anomalies, and which approaches appear to be the most efficient.

Pretty sure CPUID doesn’t have a VR overlay.

I’m not talking about overclocking, just the basic DCS/SteamVR settings can send your CPU/GPU into a lather!

Tools like fpsVR allow you monitor fps, frame time, CPU/GPU temp and load all in one unobtrusive VR overlay. Also, it can be toggled on and off at any time with a hot key.

Also, it can be toggled on and off at any time with a hot key.

Please what hot key turns off the fpsvr overlay. I find the overlay obstructive since the some recent update. This has been bugging me for weeks now as cover part of the cockpit. It automatically loads each time I am using steamvr and I cannot turn off, I had to uninstall it last time I wanted to get rid of the in-game display.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Pretty sure CPUID doesn’t have a VR overlay.

I’m not talking about overclocking, just the basic DCS/SteamVR settings can send your CPU/GPU into a lather!

Tools like fpsVR allow you monitor fps, frame time, CPU/GPU temp and load all in one unobtrusive VR overlay. Also, it can be toggled on and off at any time with a hot key.

Again, all academic if it doesn't look right. If I was monitoring FPS all the time, chances are that I wouldn't notice some of the occasional visual anomalies caused by reprojection switching on and off. Anyway, its a personal choice, and I'm very much about living by the KISS principle.

Again, all academic if it doesn't look right. If I was monitoring FPS all the time, chances are that I wouldn't notice some of the occasional visual anomalies caused by reprojection switching on and off. Anyway, its a personal choice, and I'm very much about living by the KISS principle.

We'll just have to disagree on that. It's not academic at all, and I have never suggested you should monitor fps 'all the time', just when testing different settings.

Please what hot key turns off the fpsvr overlay. I find the overlay obstructive since the some recent update. This has been bugging me for weeks now as cover part of the cockpit. It automatically loads each time I am using steamvr and I cannot turn off, I had to uninstall it last time I wanted to get rid of the in-game display.

No need to start it with SteamVR at all. See attached for the options regarding that and the 'hide overlay' option.

Anyone with a FOV comparison with a Vive Pro and in particular NVG

NVG in HP Reverb cover the whole FOV and one cannot see the instruments underneath (without the NVG green haze, unreadable).

Vive Pro supposedly has a lot more downside FOV,

and one has proper cleared view underneath the NVG binoculars so to read the DDI's?

First I've heard of any headset not just being full screen NVG, thats interesting. Both my CV1 rift and my Reverb use the whole screen.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Originally Posted by Eaglewings viewpost.gif

No need to start it with SteamVR at all. See attached for the options regarding that and the 'hide overlay' option.

When FPSVR is running you can get to the FPSVR settings via the Windows system tray.

Intel Core i9 9900K 5.0GHz · Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER · Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO · Alienware 34" AW3418DW · Corsair 2TB M.2 NVMe · 64Gb Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · TM HOTAS Warthog · VPC ACE-2 Rudder Pedals · VPC V.F.X Grip · VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip · Virpil WarBRD base · HP Reverb Pro · 3x TM MFD · Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC · 2x LG Throttle Quadrants · LG Switch Panel · LG Multi Panel · LG Radio Panel · Buttkicker Gamer & JetSeat

Nick Jennings

Your VR headset isn’t in your signature, can we confirm it’s a Reverb?

What is your SteamVR super sampling set to? Look in SteamVR settings under video?

What is your IPD, and have you set that correctly in WMR settings?

It is a Reverb.

SS settings. Custom. Res 150. Custom multi 122%. Motion smoothing global. Reproject. on. FPSVR 204. Smoothing enabled. Advanced SS filter on. Dash scale 100%. Desk scale 110%

Let me know if I missed anything.

Thanks,

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

It is a Reverb.

SS settings. Custom. Res 150. Custom multi 122%. Motion smoothing global. Reproject. on. FPSVR 204. Smoothing enabled. Advanced SS filter on. Dash scale 100%. Desk scale 110%

Let me know if I missed anything.

Thanks,

Why is your custom resolution set to 150%? 100% for everything should be enough assuming you are using the beta version wmr for steam vr app.

Within steam search the store for windows mixed reality and see if you have that downloaded. If you do, when you right click the app and go to settings, there is a beta tab you can go to and opt into the beta version of this app.

Also turn off advanced super sampling filter. It can make things worse for you if your system can't handle it.

I would start by settings all the percentage scales to 100%

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Is there anyway i can enable reprojection only for dcs? I edited the steam vr settings file but that makes all my other games run at 45fps as well..

Asus Z370-A | Intel i7 8700K @5.0GHz | Deepcool Maelstrom 120T Red | G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA 1080ti 11GB SC2 | Kingston A2000 250GB NVMe 250GB for Windows 10 64-bit Pro OS, | Samsung 840PRO 120GB SSD & WD HDD 1TB & WD HDD 500GB for program files | 3x LG 24" IPS monitors | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | Thrustmaster FCS throttle and pedals | HP Reverb Pro, Oculus Rift CV1 (any many more stuff non flight sim related :helpsmilie:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is there anyway i can enable reprojection only for dcs? I edited the steam vr settings file but that makes all my other games run at 45fps as well..
I created two versions of default.vrsettings, one with reprojection & one without and a simple couple of batch files to copy them over the original. With shortcuts on the desktop I just double click on the one I want before loading the app.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Within steam search the store for windows mixed reality and see if you have that downloaded. If you do, when you right click the app and go to settings, there is a beta tab you can go to and opt into the beta version of this app. Within steam search the store for windows mixed reality and see if you have that downloaded. If you do, when you right click the app and go to settings, there is a beta tab you can go to and opt into the beta version of this app.

It is asking for a code. What is it?

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

Is there a way to center the picture, as in TrackIR?

TWC_SLAG

Should be numpad 5.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

in game controller settings, scroll down to bottom of aircraft listing and find the UI Layer.

Here you can assign VR-Recenter plus two levels of zoom to buttons on your hotas. Can also assign mouse functions to stick.

Much easier than trying to reach out for numpad 5 whilst wearing a headset.

Note that this is a global setting, not aircraft module specific.

HOTAS = Hands on Throttle and Stick. Last thing I would want to have to do is lean over and look out from under my headset and hit a key on my keyboard whilst flying.

:smilewink:

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Within steam search the store for windows mixed reality and see if you have that downloaded. If you do, when you right click the app and go to settings, there is a beta tab you can go to and opt into the beta version of this app. Within steam search the store for windows mixed reality and see if you have that downloaded. If you do, when you right click the app and go to settings, there is a beta tab you can go to and opt into the beta version of this app.

It is asking for a code. What is it?

That's for private beta. You want the option that is the public beta
Edited by sze5003

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz