HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

Sounds Good

The Loadscreen flickering is a SteamVR Bug and I hope they find a Solution. I close my eyes while loading.

But anyway, I'm 100% Happy with the Reverb and DCS today. Its unbelievable in combination with the Motionsimulator and Simshaker, how good a Home-Simulator can be today

This was a very good Year for us

Merry Christmas

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Yeah, thanks for the suggestions regarding motionvector and Nvidia settings.

As for the screen instability, I don't think it's Steam VR that's causing the multiplayer issues. After selecting my airframe in the menu the screen jumps all over the place through the briefing screen and for quite a while in the pit.

Not the end of the world of course, but it is quite unpleasant.

Edit- Have just ordered another 16GB of RAM to take me up to 32GB- Will report back if it improves things.

Edited by oz555

Asus Z790 PLUS WIFI D4, 13700K RTX 4090 FE, M2. HP Reverb G2.

ordered the reverb pro from Amazon UK last night, (Sold my Amazon, not another retailer). I suppose i will get a V2 Reverb, correct?

Asus Z370-A | Intel i7 8700K @5.0GHz | Deepcool Maelstrom 120T Red | G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA 1080ti 11GB SC2 | Kingston A2000 250GB NVMe 250GB for Windows 10 64-bit Pro OS, | Samsung 840PRO 120GB SSD & WD HDD 1TB & WD HDD 500GB for program files | 3x LG 24" IPS monitors | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | Thrustmaster FCS throttle and pedals | HP Reverb Pro, Oculus Rift CV1 (any many more stuff non flight sim related :helpsmilie:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ordered the reverb pro from Amazon UK last night, (Sold my Amazon, not another retailer). I suppose i will get a V2 Reverb, correct?

You should do, if not just rma it. The questionable serial numbers were updated:

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Yeah, thanks for the suggestions regarding motionvector and Nvidia settings.

As for the screen instability, I don't think it's Steam VR that's causing the multiplayer issues. After selecting my airframe in the menu the screen jumps all over the place through the briefing screen and for quite a while in the pit.

Not the end of the world of course, but it is quite unpleasant.

Edit- Have just ordered another 16GB of RAM to take me up to 32GB- Will report back if it improves things.

I have also 32GB DDR5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

The Loadscreen flickering is a SteamVR Bug and I hope they find a Solution. I close my eyes while loading.

It drives me crazy also. ; >

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

On a plus note, I noticed a marked improvement in FPS stability by replacing the "auto" with "motionvector" in the projection settings and also changing the low latency mode to ultra in the Nvidia Control Panel.

Thanks for this! While I couldn't find the 'motionvector' in any settings, I did change the 'low latency mode' to 'Ultra' from 'Off' and what a huge difference! Super smooth now and much higher fps. Amazing how much difference just one setting can make when you don't really know the in's and out's of what your doing.

The Flying Kiwis - Since ages ago...

Find us at https://www.simcentral.co.nz

Thanks for this! While I couldn't find the 'motionvector' in any settings, I did change the 'low latency mode' to 'Ultra' from 'Off' and what a huge difference! Super smooth now and much higher fps. Amazing how much difference just one setting can make when you don't really know the in's and out's of what your doing.

XX:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MixedRealityVRDriver\resources\settings.

I assume you have already enabled reproduction here. If so just replace the “auto” with “motionvector” in the line that you originally removed the quotes on.

Close down and restart Steam VR and your FPS should now be locked at 45 instead of fluctuating on the rare occasions that it can hit 90.

Edited by oz555

XX:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MixedRealityVRDriver\resources\settings.

I assume you have already enabled reproduction here. If so just replace the “auto” with “motion vector” in the line that you originally removed the quotes on.

Close down and restart Steam VR and your FPS should now be locked at 45 instead of fluctuating on the rare occasions that it can hit 90.

Thanks for pointing me to the file in question oz555, I had a look and I think I see what you mean, as for assuming I have enabled reproduction I didn't even know all that existed or even what it means to be honest. but a good test tonight hosting with just the low latency mode turned to ultra has made an incredible difference and one I was able to pass on to a squad mate. I will try the motion vector but have to admit I am getting uncomfortably out of my comfort zone here in understanding what I am doing. Might have to be a case of if it aint broke don't fix it going forward. The low latency mode to ultra made such a huge difference for me and overall I was happy with it before this except for the ghosting and dropping out/double screen shot flickering/'waiting for DCS' crap that was happening, now, none of that at all!

Thanks dude! :thumbup:

Thanks for pointing me to the file in question oz555, I had a look and I think I see what you mean, as for assuming I have enabled reproduction I didn't even know all that existed or even what it means to be honest. but a good test tonight hosting with just the low latency mode turned to ultra has made an incredible difference and one I was able to pass on to a squad mate. I will try the motion vector but have to admit I am getting uncomfortably out of my comfort zone here in understanding what I am doing. Might have to be a case of if it aint broke don't fix it going forward. The low latency mode to ultra made such a huge difference for me and overall I was happy with it before this except for the ghosting and dropping out/double screen shot flickering/'waiting for DCS' crap that was happening, now, none of that at all!

Thanks dude! :thumbup:

I understand where you are coming from, but you really do want to enable motion projection, otherwise you’ll get variable frame rates all over the place! Personally, I use auto as that locks you into 45fps, but does allow 90 when conditions allow.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Cheers guys I really do appreciate your help and information. I'll look into it over the next few days but I am so happy with what I have now. I did go through the whole Thuds setup before I got the reverb just so I was on the right foot to start with and it has been a pretty seamless process since then, its getting the final little things checked off that will make all the world of difference is where I'm at now. My biggest hurdle is the terminology and understanding what it means and where it is applicable, but slowly getting there and if I try one thing at a time I am getting incremental improvements at each stage. Super happy with where I am at with my Reverb now that's for sure.

I'm trying to activate motionvector mode with no success. I change the default.vrsettings file but when I fly the fpsVR shows that the FPSs are varying, so I assume that it is in auto mode. Here is the content of my file:

{

"driver_Holographic" : {

// Increase back buffer size so that larger superscale values do not get a resolution reduction

“renderTargetScale” : 2.0

},

"driver_Holographic_Experimental" : {

// Motion reprojection doubles framerate through motion vector extrapolation

// motionvector = force application to always run at half framerate with motion vector reprojection

// auto = automatically use motion reprojection when the application can not maintain native framerate

"motionReprojectionMode" : "motionvector",

// Automatic motion reprojection indicator to display the mode currently selected

// green = off because application can render at full framerate

// light blue = on because application is cpu bound

// dark blue = on because application is gpu bound

// red = off because application running at less than half framerate

"motionReprojectionIndicatorEnabled" : true,

// Motion indicator size and position in 0-1 space

"motionReprojectionIndicatorSize" : 0.015,

"motionReprojectionIndicatorXPosition" : 0.3125,

"motionReprojectionIndicatorYPosition" : 0.3125,

// Some people may experience increased discomfort such as nausea, motion sickness, dizziness,

// disorientation, headache, fatigue, or eye strain when using thumbstick controls in Windows Mixed Reality.

//

// Setting thumbstickControlsMoveEnabled to true may cause application compatibility issues

"thumbstickControlsTurnEnabled" : false, // true = use thumbsticks for artificial turn, false = default application thumbstick behavior

"thumbstickControlsMoveEnabled" : false, // true = use thumbsticks for artificial move, false = default application thumbstick behavior

"thumbstickControlsReversed" : false,

"thumbstickTurnSmooth" : false,

"thumbstickDeadzone" : 0.25,

// During some transitions (typically entering Home), controller events start accumulate and the system has difficulties to catch up

// Settings a mximum age for a contoller input allows ensuring that the events queue does not grow indefinitely

"obsoleteStateMaxTimeInSeconds": 1.0,

// Disable DX12 support

"forceDisableDX12": false

},

"NoInterEyeRotation" : {

"battlezone_dx11.exe" : true,

"battlezone_dx12.exe" : true,

"DOOMVFRx64.exe" : true,

"Fallout4VR.exe" : true

}

}

Cheers guys I really do appreciate your help and information. I'll look into it over the next few days but I am so happy with what I have now. I did go through the whole Thuds setup before I got the reverb just so I was on the right foot to start with and it has been a pretty seamless process since then, its getting the final little things checked off that will make all the world of difference is where I'm at now. My biggest hurdle is the terminology and understanding what it means and where it is applicable, but slowly getting there and if I try one thing at a time I am getting incremental improvements at each stage. Super happy with where I am at with my Reverb now that's for sure.

As mentioned above, editing the reprojection file in the WMR for Steam VR file is necessary for a smooth (ish) experience.

The Difference is,that DCS Runs Static and Smooth @45FPS. With my System,it would be switching at high Altitude to 90FPS than back to 45 and again and again. It performing better with Motionvector.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

I also reinstalled WMR for steamvr and now it seems to work. At least in my rig I cannot see so much difference between auto and motionvector modes.

Unless your system can do 90fps at times - which mine does quite a lot especially in NTTR - you won’t see much of a difference as you will be locked at 45fps (or occasionally less) in both modes.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Funny,

If I activate reprojection, I got all the jaggies and micro stuttering possible.

Leaving it off gives me a smooth ride.

Price to pay is some ghosting of course when abeam some other planes. It shows of course during dogfight and I still need to find a way to get rid of this.

It might get better with updates (WMR, steam...) in time and with new future vid cards. Who knows...

So I just enjoy the smooth ride and the amazing cockpit quality offered by the Reverb and learn to live with a bit of ghosting...

Rig: MB Gigabite z390UD, CPU Intel I7 8700k, RAM 32G DDR4 3200 Gskill ripjaws, GPU MSI RTX2080SuperOC, HDD Crucial mx500 1tb M2 sata, PSU Corsair 850W, watercooling Corsair h100,

Controlers TM f/a 18 stick on Virpil warbrd base, TM cougar f16 stick on cougar base, Cougar F16 throttle on TUSBA, ch pedals, TM cougar MFD

27" monitor with trk IR 5 and HP Reverb HMD.

Modules F18, F16, F86, Mig15, FW 190D9, Nellis range map, Aggr campaign, Middle East map

Got it.

And yeah, ED will run fine on the reverb, I can push ED to stupid high settings now. Worked fine on my old system too.

Just installed reverb too coming from cv1 and i too noticed i can push in higher graphics having less issues... But this is not normal, in every other game i had to lower graphics to maintain 90fps.. why DCS is different?

Asus Z370-A | Intel i7 8700K @5.0GHz | Deepcool Maelstrom 120T Red | G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA 1080ti 11GB SC2 | Kingston A2000 250GB NVMe 250GB for Windows 10 64-bit Pro OS, | Samsung 840PRO 120GB SSD & WD HDD 1TB & WD HDD 500GB for program files | 3x LG 24" IPS monitors | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | Thrustmaster FCS throttle and pedals | HP Reverb Pro, Oculus Rift CV1 (any many more stuff non flight sim related :helpsmilie:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just installed reverb too coming from cv1 and i too noticed i can push in higher graphics having less issues... But this is not normal, in every other game i had to lower graphics to maintain 90fps.. why DCS is different?

I dunno, DCS is just special I guess. :music_whistling:

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I have noticed similar thing with my O+.

I am surprised using a steam supersampling of 250%, dcs PD of 1.0, high graphics setting and still able to play stable in dcs.

Downside is I have to put off MSAA with shimmering from far object.

I am only using an i5 7600k, gtx 1060g and SSD.

The experience has be good with dcs but not without stuttering when playing America Truck simulator on a 250% supersampling.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

250% supersampling.

250% supersampling is insane

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |