What’s next in terms of updates - Page 6 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-15-2019, 08:14 AM   #51
bkthunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMike View Post
We are working on both, but pilot models and such are not as easy as one might think, as they also have to show the correct animations and so on.

We know that this patch seems small, but fixing the lights, the AHS and the FM changes were no small tasks either. Rest assured that we are not neglecting anything. Thank you all for your very kind patience.
FM should always be the number 1 priority IMO, glad to see you are focusing on it
Old 08-16-2019, 04:13 PM   #52
Tinkickef

As others said and Ironmike stated, it would be nice to see a pilot body for VR, though it is hard.

I also would really like the external engine noise to ramp up when the canopy raises. I have begged for this in the past.

One other tiny matter... it would be nice to have a place on the Jester wheel for jettisoning droptanks. I fly quite long missions, being mainly into the flight rather than the fight, and those empty droptanks must cut my fuel mileage considerably.
System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.
Tinkickef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 04:51 PM   #53
Airhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkickef View Post

One other tiny matter... it would be nice to have a place on the Jester wheel for jettisoning droptanks. I fly quite long missions, being mainly into the flight rather than the fight, and those empty droptanks must cut my fuel mileage considerably.
It's already there. Within visual range radar --> jettison tanks.
Airhunter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 05:29 PM   #54
Strikeeagle345

Quote:
As others said and Ironmike stated, it would be nice to see a pilot body for VR, though it is hard.

I also would really like the external engine noise to ramp up when the canopy raises. I have begged for this in the past.

the empty tanks don't reduce the mileage that much. They are pretty streamlined with the airflow over the air-frame. Bring them home or piss off the guys on the boat.

BUT, if you must, the option is already in the jester menu.

Strike
VF-41
vCVW-11
www.vcvw-11.com

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 1070 | Samsung SSD | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | HOTAS Warthog
Strikeeagle345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 10:48 PM   #55
Tinkickef

Thanks Airhunter and Strikeagle... never really get that far into radar menus. Contact...tws.. launch a couple of Phoenix. Suddenly dipping contrails, small fires on the ground, then turn for an hour's flight home looking forward to tea and medals

Happy days.
System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.
Old 08-17-2019, 11:20 PM   #56
Tinkickef

Tried the visual range radar. Found the jettison droptanks, selected it after looking at external tank contents and found them to be zero.

Asked Jester to drop them and he refused. I had to climb over the seat, cuff him around the head a few times, select the stations for the tanks and hold the jettison switch till I heard the pylon squibs kick em clear.

I then climbed back over the seat, kicking Jester in the teeth for good measure, before resuming my role as a steely eyed missile man.

I am having doubts as to Jester's overall commitment to the mission.
Old 08-18-2019, 01:34 AM   #57
Harlikwin
Veteran

Quote:
Tried the visual range radar. Found the jettison droptanks, selected it after looking at external tank contents and found them to be zero.

Asked Jester to drop them and he refused. I had to climb over the seat, cuff him around the head a few times, select the stations for the tanks and hold the jettison switch till I heard the pylon squibs kick em clear.

I then climbed back over the seat, kicking Jester in the teeth for good measure, before resuming my role as a steely eyed missile man.

LOFL.. yeah thats happened a few times here too.
Old 08-18-2019, 03:56 PM   #58
captain_dalan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikeeagle345 View Post
the empty tanks don't reduce the mileage that much. They are pretty streamlined with the airflow over the air-frame. Bring them home or piss off the guys on the boat.

BUT, if you must, the option is already in the jester menu.
I haven't jettisoned them yet, not even when entering a merge, not even when fighting human opponents

Quote:

captain_dalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 04:49 PM   #59
lunaticfringe

Quote:
That you, Kitty?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy (25).gif
Views:	50
Size:	997.2 KB
ID:	215736  

Last edited by lunaticfringe; 08-18-2019 at 04:52 PM.
lunaticfringe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 12:04 PM   #60
Yeti42

You could always use voice attack and ask Jester to do it that way.... "Jester, dump the tanks". I have "Jester" as a prefix and "dump the tanks", pickle tanks", "drop tanks" as a suffix which is mapped to the correct sequence of keybinds, works a treat...

Hotas Warthog | Logitech G Flight Rudder Pedals | Track IR 4
Yeti42 is offline   Reply With Quote