What’s next in terms of updates - Page 6 - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2019, 08:14 AM   #51
bkthunder
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMike View Post
We are working on both, but pilot models and such are not as easy as one might think, as they also have to show the correct animations and so on.

We know that this patch seems small, but fixing the lights, the AHS and the FM changes were no small tasks either. Rest assured that we are not neglecting anything. Thank you all for your very kind patience.
FM should always be the number 1 priority IMO, glad to see you are focusing on it
__________________
Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s
bkthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 04:13 PM   #52
Tinkickef
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: UK - North Yorkshire
Posts: 691
Default

As others said and Ironmike stated, it would be nice to see a pilot body for VR, though it is hard.

I also would really like the external engine noise to ramp up when the canopy raises. I have begged for this in the past.

One other tiny matter... it would be nice to have a place on the Jester wheel for jettisoning droptanks. I fly quite long missions, being mainly into the flight rather than the fight, and those empty droptanks must cut my fuel mileage considerably.
__________________
System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.
Tinkickef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 04:51 PM   #53
Airhunter
Member
 
Airhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkickef View Post

One other tiny matter... it would be nice to have a place on the Jester wheel for jettisoning droptanks. I fly quite long missions, being mainly into the flight rather than the fight, and those empty droptanks must cut my fuel mileage considerably.
It's already there. Within visual range radar --> jettison tanks.
Airhunter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 05:29 PM   #54
Strikeeagle345
Senior Member
 
Strikeeagle345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Illinois, USA
Posts: 1,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkickef View Post
As others said and Ironmike stated, it would be nice to see a pilot body for VR, though it is hard.

I also would really like the external engine noise to ramp up when the canopy raises. I have begged for this in the past.

One other tiny matter... it would be nice to have a place on the Jester wheel for jettisoning droptanks. I fly quite long missions, being mainly into the flight rather than the fight, and those empty droptanks must cut my fuel mileage considerably.
the empty tanks don't reduce the mileage that much. They are pretty streamlined with the airflow over the air-frame. Bring them home or piss off the guys on the boat.

BUT, if you must, the option is already in the jester menu.
__________________

Strike
VF-41
vCVW-11
www.vcvw-11.com

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 1070 | Samsung SSD | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | HOTAS Warthog
Strikeeagle345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 10:48 PM   #55
Tinkickef
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: UK - North Yorkshire
Posts: 691
Default

Thanks Airhunter and Strikeagle... never really get that far into radar menus. Contact...tws.. launch a couple of Phoenix. Suddenly dipping contrails, small fires on the ground, then turn for an hour's flight home looking forward to tea and medals

Happy days.
__________________
System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.
Tinkickef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 11:20 PM   #56
Tinkickef
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: UK - North Yorkshire
Posts: 691
Default

Tried the visual range radar. Found the jettison droptanks, selected it after looking at external tank contents and found them to be zero.

Asked Jester to drop them and he refused. I had to climb over the seat, cuff him around the head a few times, select the stations for the tanks and hold the jettison switch till I heard the pylon squibs kick em clear.

I then climbed back over the seat, kicking Jester in the teeth for good measure, before resuming my role as a steely eyed missile man.

I am having doubts as to Jester's overall commitment to the mission.
__________________
System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.
Tinkickef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 01:34 AM   #57
Harlikwin
Veteran
 
Harlikwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 3,311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkickef View Post
Tried the visual range radar. Found the jettison droptanks, selected it after looking at external tank contents and found them to be zero.

Asked Jester to drop them and he refused. I had to climb over the seat, cuff him around the head a few times, select the stations for the tanks and hold the jettison switch till I heard the pylon squibs kick em clear.

I then climbed back over the seat, kicking Jester in the teeth for good measure, before resuming my role as a steely eyed missile man.

I am having doubts as to Jester's overall commitment to the mission.
LOFL.. yeah thats happened a few times here too.
__________________
New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)
Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).
Harlikwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 03:56 PM   #58
captain_dalan
Member
 
captain_dalan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikeeagle345 View Post
the empty tanks don't reduce the mileage that much. They are pretty streamlined with the airflow over the air-frame. Bring them home or piss off the guys on the boat.

BUT, if you must, the option is already in the jester menu.
I haven't jettisoned them yet, not even when entering a merge, not even when fighting human opponents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkickef View Post
Tried the visual range radar. Found the jettison droptanks, selected it after looking at external tank contents and found them to be zero.

Asked Jester to drop them and he refused. I had to climb over the seat, cuff him around the head a few times, select the stations for the tanks and hold the jettison switch till I heard the pylon squibs kick em clear.

I then climbed back over the seat, kicking Jester in the teeth for good measure, before resuming my role as a steely eyed missile man.

I am having doubts as to Jester's overall commitment to the mission.
captain_dalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 04:49 PM   #59
lunaticfringe
Senior Member
 
lunaticfringe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkickef View Post
I am having doubts as to Jester's overall commitment to the mission.
That you, Kitty?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy (25).gif
Views:	50
Size:	997.2 KB
ID:	215736  

Last edited by lunaticfringe; 08-18-2019 at 04:52 PM.
lunaticfringe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 12:04 PM   #60
Yeti42
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Germany
Posts: 142
Default

You could always use voice attack and ask Jester to do it that way.... "Jester, dump the tanks". I have "Jester" as a prefix and "dump the tanks", pickle tanks", "drop tanks" as a suffix which is mapped to the correct sequence of keybinds, works a treat...
__________________
Windows 10 64 bit | Intel i5-9600k OC 5 Ghz | RTX 2080 |VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB DDR 4 OC 3200

Hotas Warthog | Logitech G Flight Rudder Pedals | Track IR 4
Yeti42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:44 PM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.