Is there a trick/hack to be able to bind the gunner's seat?

How is the 4 key not bindable? (I'm away from my DCS machine at the moment but I'll take a look and see if I can find what they called it in the Controls Options.)

I wish we could man the rear gunner too. Aside from being able to shoot, it would be valuable for observation. The auto-gunners don't call out bogeys or bandits like they would in reality.

The strange thing about this is that the necessary line of code is already present in the joystick default.lua, just commented out. Search for the line containing "Set Gunner Seat" and you'll find it - all you need to do is delete the leading "--" to match the other lines.

Presumably they had their reason to disallow binding that function to a peripheral, but I have no clue why. So if you uncomment the line just be aware it might possibly cause some other control to break (though it seemed to work fine for me). I should note I also generally delete all the other files besides default.lua because I prefer to set things up myself, so also be aware that some other peripheral's default bindings might interfere.

Then it must be getting overridden by one of the default profiles provided for some peripherals. Add the code yourself to the file for your device if it isn't already commented out there - for example, Joystick - HOTAS Warthog.lua has the same code on line 244 which should only need to be uncommented to work.

I was just today about to come to ask about the same as restarted to train Mi-8MTv2 again more as KA-50 is so badly broken and likely needs to be waiting that Black Shark 3 comes out until it gets fixed.

I was wondering that why there ain't the rear gunner bindable for HOTAS as VR pilot doesn't fly with a keyboard!

But now luckily I can at least be the door gunner, while not the ramp gunner.

I really hope that ED (ex-Belsimtek) is going to update Mi-8 cockpit and flight model (well, FM at least gets fixed as they said they need to fix all flight models) and while at it, make all the gunner doors possible be seated and all be possible be operated by AI as well (all helicopters).

It is very fun to be able shoot from that door Kord, and ramp gunner position would be likely even more fun as you can fly over the enemies.

If in future we get the Kord and 30mm grenade launcher (if it was mounted?) for human flight crew, it could be amazing!

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.