Duplicate Directories

rgp1942

After upgrading to 2.5.2 20601 I now have duplicate directories in F:Eagle Dynamics: DCS World 2-5 beta (latest), and DCS World OpenBeta (older). Can I delete the older F:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta to free up 43.1GB?

Whatever this 43 GB folder is, it sure ain't playable 2.5 OB, as the size is way too small. So either it's some old copy of 1.5.8 OB you forgot about (though I don't remember how big that one used to be), or it's some leftover trash from previous, failed installs/updates.

I'm sure this duplication of yours did not happen after Wednesday upgrade, because the installer is unable to create folders with non-standard names ("DCS World 2-5") all by itself. You probably caused a bit of this mess yourself much earlier :D. It's difficult to say from such a vague post, however. In either case, I guess you could delete the aforementioned folder.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Only 1 directory existed before the update. There was a dialog box on the screen for over 30 minutes that said "copying directories". I figure they reorganized the directories and needed to copy them to the new structure. I will rename the old directory. If DCS runs fine, I will delete it.