External Views Not working

311Gryphon

I've been looking around for anyone else who's had this problem but I'm not finding anything. I can't get any external views to work in A-10C except for the tower view. I keep checking the key bindings for all of the views (plane view, arcade view, etc) and they are all set to default in all of the profiles (simulation, game, general). Yet they will not work in game. I hit the buttons and my view remains the same, me sitting in my cockpit looking out. It's really not a huge deal but I'm working on reskinning my hog and it's really hard to check when I have to arm the seat, eject, then walk around the plane looking at it to see what needs to be changed.

I was using FaceTrackNoIR but I upgraded to TrackIR5. I then deleted all the "VJOY" or virtual joystick key bindings in all of the control profiles. I'm using the track clip pro with TIR5 and an almost default profile in that software. The only thing I changed in TIR5 was the key bindings (instead of F keys they use the Insert, Home, Delete, and End keys for the various functions). I had hoped the double binding of the F keys was the problem but so far that has not fixed it.

Any help is much appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did you check, in gameplay Options, that you are allowed to view external views?

Edit: Misc Options its called not gameplay

Edited by Foss

Specs:

System: Asus Z170-E, I7 6700K, 16GB DDR4, Asus GTX1070 8GB, 1TB M2 SSD + 2x 250GB SSD,TrackIR, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder

Modules: A-10C, KA-50, Mi-8, UH-1H, FC3, F5E, M2000, AJS37, AV8b, F18C

External views can also be locked out by the mission designer. Test with a known or newly created mission, if you haven't already.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Ah, I'll try both of those later tonight. There are many, many options in the interface and they aren't always intuitive. I love the options but they can be daunting when you try to find them or run into a fairly simple issue caused by missing an option somewhere.

Thanks to both of you.

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did you check, in gameplay Options, that you are allowed to view external views?

Edit: Misc Options its called not gameplay

Right on. Fixed the problem. Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]