Track files: does their accuracy vary by aircraft

Mr_sukebe

Here’s a question.

I recently tried making a video using track files from a Viggen. It’s proven to be a little challenging as the AI will more than often not fly what you’ve recorded.

Does anyone have a view as to whether some aircraft might produce more accurate track files than others?

If so, I’d there a shortlist of the most accurately tracked aircraft?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Some aircraft do indeed replay more reliably than others, and there also seems to be a discrepancy across users as well. A plane may replay fine for one person, but the same plane may not replay well for another person. I've never messed with AI for anything other than formation practice, but recently the Viggen player tracks seem to replay fine for me. They used to be horribly broken.

I’ll go experiment with a few aircraft to see, starting with the Viggen and F18. If anyone wishes to chip in their thoughts, much appreciated.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Not much to chip in I'm afraid, everyone has his own "short list" which works OK on his computer... and his computer only.

For example I've never had serious playback issues with MiG-21, but there are guys who can't even replay its taxiing and takeoff properly.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Of the modules I own (and only tested in SP with minimal units/triggers):

Mi-8 -- OK unless I fast-forward

UH-1 -- OK

P-51D -- OK; sometimes spotty

Spitfire -- Spotty: worked last night, won't work today

A-10C -- OK

Su-25A -- OK

Viggen -- Currently OK; was broken in prior versions

M2000 -- OK

AV-8B -- OK (both land and carrier)

Yak-52 -- Broken

F/A-18C -- OK if flying from land; Broken if flying from carrier

I have not yet updated to the 15AUG hotfix, so the remedied carrier sliding issue could have possibly fixed broken tracks from carrier starts. Need to test it after the update.

Edited by Nealius

The Hornet often just crashes on carrier take-off for me during replays. First time it happened I thought "I'm fairly sure I don't remember doing that... right?" :-D

The Harrier seemed to break when performing maneuvers during dogfights and missiles would often just go do their own thing. In fact, that seems to happen with any aircraft replays for me.

The Flanker and Su-33, however, I've never had an issue with... Haven't tried other FC3 aircraft.

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR