A-10A Clickable Cockpit

uniform

I am relatively new to DCS and have only played KA-50 1.01. Does the clickable Cockpit function in this aircraft, or any other aircraft in FC3? There are certain functions, that I simply don't want to map and would rather just point and click. Also, I see functions on the 'dash' which I cannot find in controls for such as the Fire Suppressors.

Second, I seen in the training video for Guns and Rocket pods, there should be a standard load out of armor piercing rounds and High explosive rounds. I don't find any controls to map my gaming pad, and in KA-50 arcade mode, I didn't either and had to resort to clickable cockpit.

I may be ignorant, but so far, I am disappointed with this game. And hope it is my lack of understanding.

Thanks, for any advise that could be given. Sorry if too wordy.

Flaming CLiffs

None of the aircraft in Flaming Cliffs have a clickable cockpit. They were developed initially under LOMAC (Lock-On Modern Aircraft Combat)., followed by Flaming Cliffs and Flaming Cliffs 2.

The first DCS aircraft with clickable cockpit was Ka-50 Black Shark followed by the A-10C and all the others.

I believe that realistic mode has a lot more options for setting up your controls.

Edited by Speedbrake

Thanks Speedbrake. Somehow I was afraid that was going to be my answer.

If anyone can answer, what is the control name for switching from AP to HE rounds, and fire suppression for the A10A (assume for all FC3 aircraft if available) I would be appreciative.

Thanks Speedbrake. Somehow I was afraid that was going to be my answer.

If anyone can answer, what is the control name for switching from AP to HE rounds, and fire suppression for the A10A (assume for all FC3 aircraft if available) I would be appreciative.

that can be done in the mission editor under the payload tab. but it cannot be changed in air. you can load them in-game on the ground in the loadout menu using the left alt + ' keys

Edited by SilentGun

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

Okay I gotcha SilentGun. So unlike the KA-50, which is loaded with both round types standard, in the A-10A it is a load option of one or the other. I was thinking I wasn't accessing half of my ammo.

The A-10 normally uses CM -> combat mix. So AP and HE are loaded into the belt in a certain ratio, which I don't remember atm.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Okay that's cool, similar to a ground unit tracer belt. I do appreciate the detail to my question. And yes, Silent Gun I will be checking out the F-16C but not anytime soon. I still have the entirety of FC3 and A-10C to go through. (Looking for campaign missions, that's why I am going to play both versions of the A-10.)

Okay that's cool, similar to a ground unit tracer belt. I do appreciate the detail to my question. And yes, Silent Gun I will be checking out the F-16C but not anytime soon. I still have the entirety of FC3 and A-10C to go through. (Looking for campaign missions, that's why I am going to play both versions of the A-10.)

There is no playable F-16 in DCS yet, Silent Gun just wants one :smilewink:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 3 years later...

it's good to have click-able cockpit for current free Su-25T, to introduce full simulation for all the Free player.

I suggest to add Su-25TM as flyable, to experience the Kopyo radar pod. give Su-25TM as free module or low cost module for newbies to experience the radar system.

since A-10C was full click able, it's good to get A-10A for click able, + Su-25A if Su-25T did it.

1. Nice necropost.

2. It's not a wishlist.

3. Su-25T is not clickable.

Edit: 4. and crossposting also. Man, I should me moderator...

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I opened a thread about an A-10A with clickable cockpit two years ago: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=178575. I don't think the chances are high to get a clickable cockpit in the next few years... :(

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack