Include A-4E into DCS

D4n

Before getting too excited about an A-4 module for DCS, the team behind the 'Community A-4E Mod' should be asked, whether they plan to do it or not. The last thing I read about this was here, post #2, 2nd answer to FAQ and the answer is quite clear: 'This mod is built with a Simple Flight Model (SFM) and Simple Systems Model (SSM). We have no SDK access, and we are not an official 3rd party developer. As a team, we have no current plans to become one. Individuals on this team may have their own future plans, and that is up to them to discuss or reveal as they choose.'

Link: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=173162

Edited by norbot

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

• 4 weeks later...

But aren't there still SFM SSM Ai aircraft in DCS?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

ALL ai aircraft are simplified flight models. Your pc trying to do full scale PFM on several dozen aircraft would bring it to its knees.
Unless "my" PC's CPU would have lots of cores, or?

So it seems nothing speaks against adding this as Ai aircraft, ED... :)

sent from Moto G5 using Tapatalk

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Nothing speaks against them adding it except it doesn't belong to them and the creators indicated they didn't want to become officially involved. I'm not sure what's so hard for people to understand about that.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Nothing speaks against them adding it except it doesn't belong to them and the creators indicated they didn't want to become officially involved. I'm not sure what's so hard for people to understand about that.

I don't think it's hard to understand, but rather wishful thinking... :)

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

What should work is, adding a model made by ED, of an a-4 and naming it exactly the same as the mod. This way, everybody without the mod can join a server with it and the ones who have it installed can fly it. This would not give any legal problems or connection between ED and the a-4 team but this beautiful mod could be used in dcs multiplayer. The same would be true for the mb-339.

Louis|Dancer, foundation member of the digital Swiss Air Force, a group of enthusiasts trying to imitate everything that has to do with Swiss military aviation on dcs. If you want to join us, contact us via instagram.

our youtube chanel:dSAF

our instagram:dSAF

my rusty pc: msi gtx1080ti / ryzen 5 2600x / ga-ab350 gaming motherboard / 16gb ram / rift cv1 / warthog

I second this...

The Mods can only do so much and it definitely wont come close the class of a full module feel to it. Even if this mod looks VERY WELL done. Still...mods are mods. Would love to see an A-4 model...anything above the E versions will be great fit.