G-limiter override characteristics

Hummingbird

The thing with this is that some of these issues only cause visible symptoms over time. You can over-G an airframe repeatedly in a dogfight with no issue, but if this keeps happening sortie after sortie, it will fair prematurely. The latter isn't of concern to the pilot in the here and now and I'm against unrealistic inflating the consequences to make the pilot care (but server options or something like that is fine).

My take is that the paddle on the F-18 should work like it does on the real aircraft first and foremost, and the consequences for using it should also be realistic. If players want to incentivize certain behavior, then options should be provided for that purpose.

I'm very late to this but want to say. To simulate real consequences of a plane being over G'd you'd have to make a module unusable in the game for the same duration it would take a team of mechanics to tear apart and go over the air frame / engines / electronics to make sure nothing is bent / broken / cracked.

An alternative to making the G-Limit override more realistic is to not use it unless your avoiding ground collision, air to air collision. And then if you did use it and after going back to base in a multiplayer mission you log out and call it a day because your aircraft is down for inspection :) Sometimes we have to create our own realism.

• 1 month later...