Unguided Bombing Inconsistency ?

Iceviper

Has anyone else noticed unguided bombs not exploding since the most recent update to the open beta? Been flying with three people for the last two days and we are all experiencing inconsistent bombing results. We were all getting consistent results until the last couple of days. All flying Hornets on Persian and Caucasus maps with no mods installed.

I am a noob (before all the wisecracks come about just being crap :) ) but the other two lads are decent with DCS. We've all tried different unguided bombs, and tried CCIP, Auto, Wypt Designate auto bombing and the results have been all over the place. Lots of bombs that are definitely on target not exploding. We are setting fuses etc in exactly the same way we've always set them without any issues before, so can't understand what's going wrong? Anyone else having trouble?

Because the fusing changed. You now have to set the mfuz too

We've been setting the Mfuz (Usually Nose) so don't think its that. Some are exploding and some aren't. It's not as if none of them are exploding.

@NPOSuperhornet - Some are exploding with the Break X too and some aren't. Could be that but why some and not others? Tried various heights, run in speeds, dive angles, level flights, and different modes and bombs

Yep already watched the video. It's definitely not a set up issue. We are setting up the bombs in the correct way. Some bombs just explode and some don't. Just trying to see if anyone else is having similar problems. The three of us are seeing the same issue.

Thanks for the replies so far

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

You have to set the mfuze and the efuz(to inst) for the bombs to work. If you see a DUD message in your HUD your bomb will not explode. I don't know if they fixed that already but as they introduced this new feature i couldn't drop multiple bombs at the same time(even without the dud message).

Post in bug section here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3765447&postcount=17

Thread in the bug section:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=230011

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

yeah but who uses gbu as "unguided" bombs?

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

I'm new but i have a theory, I've noticed it happens to me too. Regardless of weather or not you get the dud cue the bombs require a certain time frame to arm themselves mid flight. If they impact before the time expires no boom boom. I dont know what the time frame is but it seems to be 4-5 seconds at least. I Notice if I really haul ass so the bombs need to release sooner it doesnt seem to happen. My newbness makes me want to fly my bombing runs slow so I can line it up nice and not miss and I think it's what is making the bombs hit the ground before the arm.

Nobody likes me because I'm unsafe.