F/A-18C Kneeboard

Devrim

Same here! I've created the same folder structure to put the files in, but it hasn't worked.

How did you upgrade to 2.5? If you've done it from 1.5, more then likely you will need to put files under

C:\USER NAME\Saved Games\DCS\Kneedboard\FA-18C_hornet

DCS folder should already exist under Saved Games

Same here! I've created the same folder structure to put the files in, but it hasn't worked.

I haven't tested it yet, but it may be because the actual aircraft in the DCS/program files folder is listed as FA-18C and NOT FA-18C_hornet.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

I haven't tested it yet, but it may be because the actual aircraft in the DCS/program files folder is listed as FA-18C and NOT FA-18C_hornet.

Nope, it needs to be 'FA-18C_hornet'. See my comment a couple of posts above with a possible solution.

I used the Kneeboard Bulder program (the website is listed a few posts up) to install custom checklist files including the Quick Start Manual to the kneeboard. The program works great, however, the resolution of the kneeboard files is not very readable. What is the recommended DPI in order to get clear text on the kneeboard?

Hi.

You must create exatcly FA-18C_hornet folder under "...\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Kneeboard".

Then you can use your own kneeboard files in the aircraft.

Have fun.

I dont have .../savedGames folder? would you please explain?

Thanks!

How did you upgrade to 2.5? If you've done it from 1.5, more then likely you will need to put files under

C:\USER NAME\Saved Games\DCS\Kneedboard\FA-18C_hornet

DCS folder should already exist under Saved Games

I don't have the Saved Games folder, what I did wrong? here the folders I have:

C:/Users/Program Files/Eagle Dynamics/DCSWorld/....

This is not in the DCS install files, it's where dcs keeps it's config files, things like joystick config files etc.

C:\Users\(YOUR PC NAME?)\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Kneedboard\FA-18C_hornet

Put the pictures in the folder FA-18C_hornet.

You might have to create the folders --> (Kneedboard) and in that folder create this folder --> (FA-18C_hornet)

Example:

My PC name is david

C:\Users\(David)\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Kneeboard

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

If your system language is not english the folder may have a translated name in the UI. Like "Gespeicherte Spiele" for a german system. Nonetheless, the computer should recognize the name when entering it in the URL bar.

It's a default folder every Windows system has.

See my URL bar:

RBBi7fq.png

but when I click the bar it's Saved Games:

C2UDA8i.png

If I would enter that URL, it would take me to that folder. So you can just enter it and see where windows takes you.

Following the instructions, that´s what I get! Is it possible to have the file on the pilot´s leg, or not? What am I doing wrong?

Still no answers! My kneeboard is not displayed on the right spot (left pilot´s leg), or at least where it is supposed to be! I got this HUGE map displayed on my right side of the screen (check the screenshot!), occupying almost half of my display! Is this a bug for F-18, or I am doing something wrong?

If your system language is not english the folder may have a translated name in the UI. Like "Gespeicherte Spiele" for a german system. Nonetheless, the computer should recognize the name when entering it in the URL bar.

It's a default folder every Windows system has.

See my URL bar:

RBBi7fq.png

but when I click the bar it's Saved Games:

C2UDA8i.png

If I would enter that URL, it would take me to that folder. So you can just enter it and see where windows takes you.

I found it Zabuza!!I was looking for Folder icon, but in Windows 10 it has another icon for this folder!

Edited by Biga42

Pilot Kneeboard Query

i would also like to know how one gets custom images on the pilots actual leg, and if its not an option and this picture is some sort of Photoshop wizardry, it would be nice if EA added such an option for us.

attachment.php?attachmentid=186416&d=1528027106

Hi,

Hope this doesnt break any copyright rules (apologies if it does) but curious as to why this doesn't display. Out of curiosity more than anything else, I tried to take a checklist page and position it onto the Pilot's left kneeboard position using the .DDS file "pilot_F18_FP.dds". That seemed to go OK, but when you add it back into the Texture folder it doesn't display.

Can anyone enlighten a newbie please?

Gents,

Just to let you know I updated to vs 1.3. Some new improvements (Update 1.3: Start Checklist improved items order and new CV Catapult Longitudinal Trim Table with improved drawing now).

F/A-18C Quick Checklist update 1.3

All the best,

Sydy

Good Job Sydy.

Your checklist is pretty handy.

Is it possible to add checklist for using ground power added?

Thank you.

Edited by Eaglewings

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Good Job Sydy.

Your checklist is pretty handy.

Is it possible to add checklist for using ground power added?

Thank you.

Hi Eaglewings, tks.

Yep, I will take a look on the FA-18C checklist for the new steps and I may update it for GPU uso on vs 1.4.

Keep an eye on it.

All the best,

Sydy

what you mean? I dont even see the airplates in my f18 kneeboard folder? They must be somewhere els? And i want to remove them..

They are located here:

"...\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\Nevada\Kneeboard"

"...\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\Caucasus\Kneeboard"

"...\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\Normandy\Kneeboard"

"...\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\PersianGulf\Kneeboard"