Plane swerving without any input !

Okey, so this has been happening for a long time. I've noticed it on all aircraft I fly with (F-15, A-10C, Su-33, Su-25 and more). Without any joystick (axis) input, the plane swerves to the left (in no wind conditions) I am sure there are no axis input and my joystick is working properly, because I can see it on the in-game axis display thingie (Rcntrl + Enter) that it is centered without any jiggling, and also you can visually see that the wheel is centered.

I always fly with balanced loads. At first I thought that I might be the offset on the A-10's front wheel causing it or the dis balanced internal fuel storage on the F-15, but this is happening on every aircraft and it is most noticeable on landing under breaking, sometimes you cannot even control it and you end up sideways on the grass. Even the Su-33 has it with its flight model and the way it sticks to the ground.

Is this a known bug or is it something only I experience ?

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Reset joystick? Reset trim 'LCTRL -T'?

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

• ED Team

not having any issues here, can you attach a track showing the issue, we will try and assist you.

Also double check the axis for each of the aircraft to ensure no other controller has a conflict.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Here is a quick example. Very noticeable ! I do a clean braking first then I have to correct the plane's course and then I do breaking with a nose pushed down (which I do normally when flying the 15 to decrease my stopping distance, on other planes I don't even need to do nose pushing to achieve such a great effect of deviation). And at the end again clean breaking with the same result. At low speeds it is not noticeable. Same is happening on take-offs.

Mission had no wind at +20 C

[ATTACH]119487[/ATTACH]

'Shadow'

• ED Team

Try an experiment with unplugged joystick from USB and fly some time with a keyboard only. Then you will know if it is because of your joystick or not.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

Here is a A-10C take-off and landing and again take-off.

First take-off with steering engaged till 70 knots you can see it clearly pulls to the left when steering is disengaged it starts pulling to the right but it is more noticeable on the second take off where I start rolling with steering disengaged on purpose and it clearly pulls to the right and when I engage it at around 70 it starts pulling left.

On the landing with steering disengaged it seems it rolls straight or with just a little deviation. When steering is engaged it pulls left once more.

[ATTACH]119489[/ATTACH]

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Ow yeah, I forgot to mention I even have a slight dead zone on my rudder axis for my stick so I think it really it is not from my stick. But if I really have to I will try it without a plugged stick

'Shadow'

Here are a F-15 Take off and a Su-25 T&L. You can see on the graph and on the external view that everything is centered.

[ATTACH]119491[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]119490[/ATTACH]

'Shadow'

• ED Team

It is strange shadow, I am not seeing it my end when I try, but your tracks certainly show it without to much input.

Can you retry for me without using your brakes, I would be interested to see if this has an influence?

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Have you tried using Right CTRL + Enter to show the little inputs window and see if there is any weird inputs being made?

I have said that I am using it even in the first post. I use it in all the tracks as well. I use it all the time when I fly. Please, read :)

'Shadow'

Here is the track without Brakes being used. At first touch there is no deviation, but once the speed gets low enough it starts pulling.

BTW I am attaching the mission I generated for this if you wanna test something on it.

[ATTACH]119493[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]119494[/ATTACH]

'Shadow'

Very unusual, I've never had this happen to me or heard of anyone else having the same issue.

I'd put money on your controls causing this, it has to be something like that, try it without your stick connected.

The only other way this could happen is if your applying the brakes to one side only and I'm not sure if this is possible in the F-15 at the moment (may be wrong).

It's certainly not a 'bug' with the game / aircraft, like I said I've never seen or heard of this before mate, my money is on your joystick!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

• ED Team
Try an experiment with unplugged joystick from USB and fly some time with a keyboard only. Then you will know if it is because of your joystick or not.

SHaDoW STeP BG try this.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

;2429184']

The only other way this could happen is if your applying the brakes to one side only and I'm not sure if this is possible in the F-15 at the moment (may be wrong).

Cannot be that, because I don't have any pedals so I am using the W key for braking which means equal pressure. And it happens on all the planes. Has happened before on old installs as well. And you can see it happens on the track where I apply no brakes.

I will give the no joystick thing a try.

-Shadow

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

SHaDoW STeP BG try this.

I like that you have put the effort to type my whole forums name with every capital letter where it should be. :D Just call me Shadow (my DCS name)

'Shadow'

Trim trim trim...... trim

I am not using Trim on purpose for the test. And when on the ground I put no joystick input what so ever :D

BTW is everyone just checking the first F-15 demo ? It happens on the other planes as well. Particularly interesting on the A-10 where with Steering engaged it goes left and with steering disengaged it goes right (where it should cuz of the offset on the front wheel)

'Shadow'

Okey, here it is the track with no Joystick

[ATTACH]119502[/ATTACH]

It definitely felt as if there was less pull, but it was still there and still quite a lot, especially on braking. Nowhere near what BigNewy showed on his track or should I say nowhere close to what he showed.

To be honest it took my 2 tries to do the landing with the keyboard :P I came a bit too hard on the first attempt :D

'Shadow'

Okey, so this has been happening for a long time. I've noticed it on all aircraft I fly with (F-15, A-10C, Su-33, Su-25 and more). Without any joystick (axis) input, the plane swerves to the left (in no wind conditions) I am sure there are no axis input and my joystick is working properly, because I can see it on the in-game axis display thingie (Rcntrl + Enter) that it is centered without any jiggling, and also you can visually see that the wheel is centered.

I always fly with balanced loads. At first I thought that I might be the offset on the A-10's front wheel causing it or the dis balanced internal fuel storage on the F-15, but this is happening on every aircraft and it is most noticeable on landing under breaking, sometimes you cannot even control it and you end up sideways on the grass. Even the Su-33 has it with its flight model and the way it sticks to the ground.

Is this a known bug or is it something only I experience ?

FWIW, I also experience something similar, when braking ("W" key). Even a short, quick key press will start the aircraft wandering. I've never given much thought to it, though, because the "wandering" was controllable.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

FWIW, I also experience something similar, when braking ("W" key). Even a short, quick key press will start the aircraft wandering. I've never given much thought to it, though, because the "wandering" was controllable.

It does happen even without braking :) watch the tracks

'Shadow'

is the runway completely level :-)

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs