DSC World not seeing BS1

firbal

I finally upgraded my computer to Win 10 from Win 7. I loaded it on a new hard drive and since it is a big drive, I add World to it. I have all my DSC on a another hard drive. So now I have all my modules added except that when I try to add BS2, it can not find my BS1 to I can put in my serial #. Is there a way I can point DCS World to where my BS1 is installed so I can add BS2?

• 4 weeks later...

Not really a hijack, as the OP was already answered :)

Is it somehow possible to upgrade the DVD version of BS1?

I bought it somewhere around 2008 on DVD (still have the serial number and starforce key of course), but I can't find out how to upgrade it. Do I maybe have to install it from the DVD first?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• ED Team
Not really a hijack, as the OP was already answered :)

Is it somehow possible to upgrade the DVD version of BS1?

I bought it somewhere around 2008 on DVD (still have the serial number and starforce key of course), but I can't find out how to upgrade it. Do I maybe have to install it from the DVD first?

Hi sirrah

It is no longer possible to purchase the upgrade as it is now a depreciated version.

You can however still purchase BlackShark 2 full version from the ED store.

The blackshark is also in the process of being updated by the ED team, more details on that will come in a future announcement.

hope that helps

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks for the reply

I know about the overhaul. That was the whole reason for me to try and see if the upgrade was still possible. No problem though. I still have plenty of other modules to have fun with (and need practice :joystick:)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH