High end PSU gone in spectacular fashion

It did :lol:

Sometimes you can get used ones dirt cheap, replace the battery and it’s ok.

But to be true, a Back- UPS is better than none, many I know use the 600er backups from apc.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Well, I'll be damned: Caseking received the package at noon, less than three hours later they contacted me confirming the PSU is gone right through the pearly gates and offered me a full refund. 10/10 service, absolutely satisfied with their efficiency, and I've just ordered again a replacement from them for the same amount of the refund. Good service these days deserves recognition! thumbup.gif

And for good measure I've just ordered a good APC surge protector (PMF83VT), although I cannot tell whether the cause of death was a surge or not..

Now the race is on: will it get here before the Reverb does? music_whistling.gif

Edited by gabgio

Nunc est bibendum, nunc pede libero pulsanda tellus

all it takes is one piece of dust or hair or dustball making contact in the right spots and *poof*.. which is still probably covered under warranty but in most cases, all it should take is replacing the psu, unless a bad connection inside the rig was the culprit.. in which case you get melted molex like another poster linked regarding his bad cd drive.

Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

Well, I'll be damned: Caseking received the package at noon, less than three hours later they contacted me confirming the PSU is gone right through the pearly gates and offered me a full refund. 10/10 service, absolutely satisfied with their efficiency, and I've just ordered again a replacement from them for the same amount of the refund. Good service these days deserves recognition! thumbup.gif

And for good measure I've just ordered a good APC surge protector (PMF83VT), although I cannot tell whether the cause of death was a surge or not..

Now the race is on: will it get here before the Reverb does? music_whistling.gif

Ya, Caseking and also Mindfactory are very easy with RMA and such. I cannot say anything bad about those two and Ihavestressed them a lot... giggle :)

It's shitty enough if you have to deal with bad hardware, getting quick and proper help is 1a.

*I always pay those 5€ extra for Gold level support on the order. Well worth it if the shit hits the fan.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I had a Corsair RM1000i go pop on me a year ago. The PSU was only about 3 years old and used well within specifications. Pop happened when switching on. Literally... very loud pop (as loud as a 9mm pistol being fired at 1m range with no ear defenders, so my ears were ringing for a few minutes. Flash of blue light, followed by smoke. PSU dead after that but fortunately it did not damage any of the rest of my components attached to it.

Replacement PSU... I went with EVGA. But to be fair any PSU is only as good as its weakest link and capacitors do sometimes just go pop early. It is just one of those things and one reason why it is worth getting a PSU with a warranty.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had a Corsair RM1000i go pop on me a year ago. The PSU was only about 3 years old and used well within specifications. Pop happened when switching on. Literally... very loud pop (as loud as a 9mm pistol being fired at 1m range with no ear defenders, so my ears were ringing for a few minutes. Flash of blue light, followed by smoke. PSU dead after that but fortunately it did not damage any of the rest of my components attached to it.

Replacement PSU... I went with EVGA. But to be fair any PSU is only as good as its weakest link and capacitors do sometimes just go pop early. It is just one of those things and one reason why it is worth getting a PSU with a warranty.

You just reminded me of a practical joke we used to do to our not-so-attentive electronics teacher in high school: we would invert the electrolytic capacitors in our small assemblies on purpose just before he would test them... I've learnt rather funny cursing over the years, when those things would pop with a loud bang. We would sometimes design the circuit just to be able to pop those 1 or 2 mF beasts lol.gif

You just reminded me of a practical joke we used to do to our not-so-attentive electronics teacher in high school: we would invert the electrolytic capacitors in our small assemblies on purpose just before he would test them...

We (the students, as I was young) got a bad (worst) grade if something goes pop or a fuse was blown. No matter for what reason.

No negotiations! No merci!

Edited by Tekkx

Manual for my version of RS485-Hardware, contact: tekkx@dresi.de

Please do not PM me with DCS-BIOS-related questions. If the answer might also be useful to someone else, it belongs in a public thread where it can be discovered by everyone using the search function. Thank You.

We got a bad (worst) grade if something goes pop or a fuse was blown. No matter for what reason.

No negotiations! No merci!

.. and that's why one should always buy german tech and go to Italy for holydays, never the way around smile.gif