G-limiter override characteristics - Page 13 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-24-2019, 05:27 PM   #121
Hummingbird+
Posting Rights Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by G B View Post
This has been answered several times. I won’t address It again.
My question has indeed been answered, very early on in this very thread infact, and the answer is that it's not working as it should: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...3&postcount=30

How this almost immediately got warped into me 1) not wanting a realistic damage model 2) asking for an unrealistic feature to aid me in "airquaking" & 3) me trying to imply anything about the real life protocol for its use, three things I made abundantly clear several times that the thread wasn't about at all), that I shall never understand...

Quote:
I think the problem is that your friend finds the answer illogical, or doesn’t want to accept it.
No, my problem is people just skimming through posts without actually reading the contents and then proceeding to accuse me of not wanting realism. I find it extremely puzzling infact.

Last edited by Hummingbird; 05-24-2019 at 05:31 PM.
Hummingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 05:33 PM   #122
MonnieRock

Send a message via ICQ to MonnieRock

Naval and Marine Aviator's training doctrine does not include activating the G-limiter Paddle.

Within the Naval and Marine Aviator community, there are no known stories of the G-Limiter Paddle being activated.

This is uncharted waters for Naval and Marine Aviators about how the G's will transition during activation of the G-Limiter Paddle.

I would suggest you contact McDonnell Douglas /Boeing / Northrop Grumman for FCS Flight Test Data about the effects of activating the G-Limiter Paddle because the Test Pilots were most likely the only personnel to have activated the G-Limiter Paddle.

If you obtain the data, please update us.

Happy Simming,
Monnie
Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | i7-4960x @ 5ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | EVGA TitanX Superclocked w/ EK Waterblock | 2x Samsung 850 Pro 1TB in RAID 0 | Lepa 1600w PSU | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/30cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution

Last edited by MonnieRock; 05-24-2019 at 05:39 PM.
MonnieRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 05:36 PM   #123
BuzzU+
Posting Rights Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonnieRock View Post
Naval and Marine Aviator's training doctrine does not include activating the G-limiter Paddle.

Within the Naval and Marine Aviator community, there are no known stories of the G-Limiter Paddle being activated.

This is uncharted waters for Naval and Marine Aviators about how the G's will transition during activation of the G-Limiter Paddle.

I would suggest you contact Boeing for FCS Flight Test Data about the effects of activating the G-Limiter Paddle because the Test Pilots were most likely the only personnel to have activated the G-Limiter Paddle.

If you obtain the data, please update us.

Happy Simming,
Monnie
+1

The point I was trying to make.
Old 05-24-2019, 05:42 PM   #124
G B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummingbird View Post
My question has indeed been answered, very early on in this very thread infact, and the answer is that it's not working as it should: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...3&postcount=30

How this almost immediately got warped into me 1) not wanting a realistic damage model 2) asking for an unrealistic feature to aid me in "airquaking" & 3) me trying to imply anything about the real life protocol for its use, three things I made abundantly clear several times that the thread wasn't about at all), that I shall never understand...

No, my problem is people just skimming through posts without actually reading the contents and then proceeding to accuse me of not wanting realism. I find it extremely puzzling infact.
You understand when you posted my quote about the answer being illogical, I wasn’t talking to you right? When I said “friend” it was in reference to M1 saying “asking for a friend.”

Also, you keep saying that you don’t care about protocol and how it’s used, and that you only care that it’s mechanics are true to life. The reason that I previously gave you a discussion on its protocol and practical uses is because you invited it. Specifically in posts 62, 95, 97, 104 of this thread, you had made assertions directly related to its practical uses, despite the insistence you don’t care about its practical uses.

Last edited by G B; 05-24-2019 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Fix
G B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 09:03 PM   #125
Hummingbird+
Posting Rights Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by G B View Post
Also, you keep saying that you don’t care about protocol and how it’s used, and that you only care that it’s mechanics are true to life. The reason that I previously gave you a discussion on its protocol and practical uses is because you invited it. Specifically in posts 62, 95, 97, 104 of this thread, you had made assertions directly related to its practical uses, despite the insistence you don’t care about its practical uses.
I didn't make any assertions what so ever, I infact clearly stated that this wasn't what concerned me, but that in the situation it is used then it's pretty important that it doesn't just instantly throw 2-3 G's at you. This whole thread is about how the system should function, not about the standard procedure of its use, an area where I can only ask questions ala what M1 did and apparently not really get a 100% answer to them due to most pilots probably never having found themselves in a real life do or die dogfight vs a 4th gen enemy fighter. That the paddle is pretty much NEVER used otherwise I got the first time.

Last edited by Hummingbird; 05-24-2019 at 09:05 PM.
Hummingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 09:09 PM   #126
Kazius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcet View Post
The thing with this is that some of these issues only cause visible symptoms over time. You can over-G an airframe repeatedly in a dogfight with no issue, but if this keeps happening sortie after sortie, it will fair prematurely. The latter isn't of concern to the pilot in the here and now and I'm against unrealistic inflating the consequences to make the pilot care (but server options or something like that is fine).

My take is that the paddle on the F-18 should work like it does on the real aircraft first and foremost, and the consequences for using it should also be realistic. If players want to incentivize certain behavior, then options should be provided for that purpose.
I'm very late to this but want to say. To simulate real consequences of a plane being over G'd you'd have to make a module unusable in the game for the same duration it would take a team of mechanics to tear apart and go over the air frame / engines / electronics to make sure nothing is bent / broken / cracked.

An alternative to making the G-Limit override more realistic is to not use it unless your avoiding ground collision, air to air collision. And then if you did use it and after going back to base in a multiplayer mission you log out and call it a day because your aircraft is down for inspection Sometimes we have to create our own realism.
Kazius is offline   Reply With Quote