Targeting pod questions

Hiddenxreaper

The Hornet doesn't have the ability to make markpoints like in the A-10, but you should be able to weapon-designate with the pod (like on the HSI with a waypoint), and send that set of coordinates to a GPS weapon using TOO mode.

AFAIK the helmet sight doesn't have any connectivity to the targeting pod, but we'll eventually be able to designate a point on the ground with just the helmet itself.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Does the f18 TPod have a SPI or the ability to make markpoints for jdam attacks similar to the A-10? Will the TPod work with the JHMCS on initial release or will that come later? Thanks.

yes.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

The JHMCS can be used to make a target point on the ground and then you slave the TGP to the target point.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

The Hornet doesn't have the ability to make markpoints like in the A-10, but you should be able to weapon-designate with the pod (like on the HSI with a waypoint), and send that set of coordinates to a GPS weapon using TOO mode.

The Hornet should have the ability to make markpoints, just like the A-10C. It uses the MK# button on the HSI page, if the aircraft has a target when it's pressed it takes the target's position, if not it takes the aircraft's position. I can't paste the picture cause of the rules but read section 24.1.3.9 MK Option in the NATOPs, the behaviour is described there. You should then be able to flick through them like you do in the A-10C, the main difference is that you'll have to WPDSG each one before launching a weapon at it in TOO, which you obviously don't need to do in the A-10C.

I don't think this is implemented yet though.

Edited by backspace340

I was flying last night with A-10C and I noticed that we got a new 3D model of LITENING pod (its blue now). Maybe its whole new model of this pod, because it was displayed like "LITENING AT". I think we will have the same for Hornet.

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

The Hornet should have the ability to make markpoints, just like the A-10C. It uses the MK# button on the HSI page, if the aircraft has a target when it's pressed it takes the target's position, if not it takes the aircraft's position. I can't paste the picture cause of the rules but read section 24.1.3.9 MK Option in the NATOPs, the behaviour is described there. You should then be able to flick through them like you do in the A-10C, the main difference is that you'll have to WPDSG each one before launching a weapon at it in TOO, which you obviously don't need to do in the A-10C.

Ah yup, you're right, although you can only have 9 of them. I was under the impression it only functioned as a mark for self-position.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

I hope it can be operated on full hotas control like in the A-10C. I don't really like to have push buttons on MFD.

Yeah I don’t like pushing buttons either, hopefully they can implement thought controls like on Firefox..

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

I'd prefer if ED didn't add any controls that don't exist IRL. This is a full-fidelity sim. This issue is something to be brought up with Boeing and Raytheon, not ED.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-

I'd prefer if ED didn't add any controls that don't exist IRL. This is a full-fidelity sim. This issue is something to be brought up with Boeing and Raytheon, not ED.

Yeah because mouse clicking is exactly the same as pushing buttons in front of you.

If YOU want that, please do not bind the keys. Let everyone else who wants them, have them.

Yeah because mouse clicking is exactly the same as pushing buttons in front of you.

If YOU want that, please do not bind the keys. Let everyone else who wants them, have them.

You can always buy some Cougar MFDs if you're so concerned about it. Or you can bind some DDI keys to your HOTAS, some people are doing it for the Harrier. There are solutions that don't require the ED itself to implement something that's not realistic.

And if they do, you're right, I won't bind the keys. I just gave my opinion above, that will probably not influence the dev team, so no need to get upset about it.

-

Does anyone know if we will get the new FLIR rendering tech alongside the LITENING, or will this feature come later in early access?

No... the whole reason for adapting the LITENING is so we can get it as an interim pod while they take some more time to develop the new FLIR rendering that will roll out first with the ATFLIR pod.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Yeah I don’t like pushing buttons either

Considering that I can push the right keys on my keyboard blindfolded with my HMD on quicker than I can push them OSBs with the VR controller or even with the mouse (where is that damn cursor hiding again?)... icon_redface.gif

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Couldn't you also use a MK point to calculate distance when tower instructs you to fly heading 245 for 40?

Make a MK point at that moment and you should be able to see in real time your travel distance.

• 1 month later...

I cant load the targeting pod on any mission. It doesnt show up in the inventory. I was able to swap the load out once on a mission and load gbus and the targeting pod in the caucus theater but since that one time, when I click on station 5 and try and load it nothing shows to load the targeting pod.

I cant load the targeting pod on any mission. It doesnt show up in the inventory. I was able to swap the load out once on a mission and load gbus and the targeting pod in the caucus theater but since that one time, when I click on station 5 and try and load it nothing shows to load the targeting pod.
Are you on stable version or in Open Beta? Tgp is only on OB for now

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Open Beta, I was able to load them for a mission but now they don't show for any station not even station 5. Hope I didn't overwrite the load out. or something. but they don't show even if I create a mission load GBU's the Targeting pod option doesn't show.