Ground Pounder Terrain(Beta) - Release -

rockwelder

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Mod!!! Absolutly fantastic look. It`s looks great. Thank you- i love it:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: The right area for my soldiers:D

Hi TOMCATZ...

those soldiers.... are included in LOFC? or it's a mod of yours?

It seems they are replacing some kind of vehicle, as 2 of them they are producing smoke/dust...right??? or am I completely wrong?

(edit)

by the way.... it seems it's a fantastic job....rep inbound...

any release plan yet?

it's a pitty 2 ppl doing the same thing are working separately... but... I guess he is working alone so he can learn more than if they co-work... (it's the only thing that I can think that excuses 2 same purpose mods)

Is it possible to realease a mod in which Evan Rachel Woods comes to congratulate you after the mission ?...

I confirm that th e Tomactz troops mod replace a t least the BRDM-2, the LAV-25 and if you wana get the soldier on by one, the m-113 and another vehicule.

A very great mod, the troops are also pretty good shooters and now have some big guns (Major Tom)... Fanstastic work !!!!

Lothamroth - www.Lockon.Fr - Vimeo Channel - Youtube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is it possible to realease a mod in which Evan Rachel Woods comes to congratulate you after the mission ?

Mitch Janssen was making a new 3D ground crew mod, you may give him a request to add a hi-res Evan Rachel Woods model more to his ground crew mod, it would be much more interesting rofl.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif

After comparing Groundpounder terrain mod with default trees enhanced by Teka Teka's tree shaders I found that (IMHO) default trees look better when viewed from greater distance (altitude). Reason being that is the artificial shadow (dark green surface beneath the trees) that default trees have that makes woods seem more dense.

Rocky's Groundpounder makes tree shadow kinda strange, it looks like a crater better than a shadow and woods look slightly baldy!

I'll post some screenshots for comparison once I get home!

Is there a way (file) that I should keep to use old dark green surface beneath the trees with Groundpounder terrain?!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This thing I noticed too... those small craters dont look natural. ...but I kept the noise texture that is cool, with a tweaking.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Skipping back a little bit : Evan Rachel Woods is Marylin Mansons Mrs. She's like 20 years younger than him ...

That's her naked & covered in blood in the video for whatever the name of that song is... finishes with them driving over a cliff

Cheers.

OK I'll provide U with some screenshots I took with default trees and Ground pounder mod installed so you'd be able to understand what I talked about in post #115.

Please focus on the terrain under the trees! Default texture makes woods and forests seem more dense especially from greater distances because of this dark green patches:

ScreenShot_010.jpg

ScreenShot_012.jpg

ScreenShot_011.jpg

ScreenShot_013.jpg

I hope you all dig what I talk about! So my question would be how can I preserve there dark patches but have 'em along Groundpounder tree models?!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
Skipping back a little bit : Evan Rachel Woods is Marylin Mansons Mrs. She's like 20 years younger than him ...

That's her naked & covered in blood in the video for whatever the name of that song is... finishes with them driving over a cliff

Off topic, here's the newest Evan Rachel Woods very hi-res photos, LOL:megalol:

http://www.aclasscelebs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36435&highlight=evan

http://www.aclasscelebs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35519&highlight=evan

• 1 month later...

Back to topic...how do you delete that file?

I'm new to the whole modman thing. Where exactly is that file that I need to delete? I don't see any files in modman listed, only install\uninstall. Also, for the Beta ground pounder terrain, the fix for the lines (the small bmp) says to install in Temp\Textures directory. I only have a Temp dir, no textures in there. Where do I put it?

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

Thanks, found the directory. Also found the FOR_T.tga (or whatever it was called) file in there. Since I've already activated the MOD, can I just de-activate it, delete that file, and then re-activate it to get the change?

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

@aleader:

File is called R_FOR_T.tga

If U used modman to install those trees just open that mod in modman and select file by file mode of installing. Then simply uninstall R_FOR_T.tga file. You can edit entire mod later on and leave out that file from the package!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Bear with me because I'm still not getting this. I see where 'file by file' mode is checked. I do that, and it installs each .vs tree file separately. Ok, but it doesn't show each of the files going into the directories, just shows them as 'green' when they're installed. So now do I just go into explorer (the temptextures directory) and delete the R_FOR_T.tga file from there? Does this mean it will default back to the old file, or I simply won't have any tree bases?

Simply enable File By File and install all files except R_FOR_T.tga.

You should have all those files green and R_FOR_T.tga should remain red (not installed).

There's another way of doing the same:

- Install entire mod and then enable File By File.

- click onto R_FOR_T.tga and uninstall it!

Result should be the same, all files green except R_FOR_T.tga

And yes, deleting that file from TEmpTextures should revert to the old default file.

Textures from TempTextures folder simply override default textures so if there's nothing there you'll have default files active.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok, I'm a moron :doh: I was looking for that file in the Tree Shader mod, not the ground pounder mod. I saw the file in temptextures of course, but not in Modman when I had the tree shader mod selected. One other thing, I get errors that 'the file size (256 x 256) does not match the original (or something - 128 x 128 so they've been installed to temptextures'. This is normal right? First time I've seen that error even after installing and uninstalling it a few times now.