P-51D up high against AI P-51D

Ramstein

Great footage if a little boring. Fact is, a dogfight in WW2 would have probably have been broken off long before this kill took place. Listening to the ACES, they will often say: Break off and run or that the fight lasted seconds and then everyone was gone, the sky is a very big place.

Is there any chance that we'll see a full screen view without cockpit, just the K-14? There is one view like that but it has a map on the right hand side of the screen, can we get a full screen with just our sight on? I say this because I don't have trackIR and I found this view easier in IL2 to gain situational awareness as the cockpit view is very restrictive.

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic90244_1.gif[/sIGPIC]Windows 7 Ultimate 64 on OCZ SSD, (AM3)AMD955BE x4 3.2GHz - GPU AMD6950 x2Gb - 16Gb Ripjaw G-Skill DDR3 PC12800 1600MHz

https://www.facebook.com/#!/FerociousFrankie

Actually it isn't that hard. If the the AI does not have to worry about ammo weight, then the player is screwed big time. A single 12,7mm round weighs around 117 grams, the Stang carries 1800 rounds, so that makes the AI around 210 kilogram lighter than the player, if fuel amount is equal. That is a lot!

I thought, that with the actual update this fault has been corrected, isn´t it?

What's the point in flying a high fidelity sim with just the gun site showing?

It's like owning a ferrari and never driving above 30 mph...

I just mean as an option in the view menu. I cannot afford a TrackIR at moment so therefore in a dogfight it's very easy to loose sight of the enemy, who never seems to loose sight of me.....!!!

Just a thought. There must be other people who would like that view too.

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic90244_1.gif[/sIGPIC]Windows 7 Ultimate 64 on OCZ SSD, (AM3)AMD955BE x4 3.2GHz - GPU AMD6950 x2Gb - 16Gb Ripjaw G-Skill DDR3 PC12800 1600MHz

https://www.facebook.com/#!/FerociousFrankie

• ED Team
Great footage if a little boring. Fact is, a dogfight in WW2 would have probably have been broken off long before this kill took place. Listening to the ACES, they will often say: Break off and run or that the fight lasted seconds and then everyone was gone, the sky is a very big place.

Is there any chance that we'll see a full screen view without cockpit, just the K-14? There is one view like that but it has a map on the right hand side of the screen, can we get a full screen with just our sight on? I say this because I don't have trackIR and I found this view easier in IL2 to gain situational awareness as the cockpit view is very restrictive.

True pilots never use a view cheat !

The video is not for entertainment - it's a video to show how to cook an AI that is not a superhuman indeed. Only one camera as the author controlled the view (no TrackIR too).

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

• ED Team
True pilots never use a view cheat !

The video is not for entertainment - it's a video to show how to cook an AI that is not a superhuman indeed. Only one camera as the author controlled the view (no TrackIR too).

I was just gonna say it didnt look like the vid was made with TrackIR either :)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I also don't use TrackIR, tried Facetrack but it does not work good. I do ok with the hat switch used to look around, though with no labels it's a pain.

Anyway, I tried equal weight on both planes and it's a massacre. AI is by no means uber, it just flies the plane in a very smooth fasion, not to mention it turns way tighter than me (flaps?). No idea how to crack it.

How is the AI visibility range? Does it ever lose track of you, or is it 360 all the time?

• ED Team
I also don't use TrackIR, tried Facetrack but it does not work good. I do ok with the hat switch used to look around, though with no labels it's a pain.

Anyway, I tried equal weight on both planes and it's a massacre. AI is by no means uber, it just flies the plane in a very smooth fasion, not to mention it turns way tighter than me (flaps?). No idea how to crack it.

How is the AI visibility range? Does it ever lose track of you, or is it 360 all the time?

What did I make this video for? :) If you watch it from the start to the end you can see that even if the AI is near to stall it's possible to follow it without a stall or at least to stay at his six even if you stall a little.

No, it has almost the same blind zone as human has.

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Just a quick question, but first I am finally getting it... got my first kill 1v1 with everything equal and AI on Execellent.

Does the AI's damage model follow the same rules as the Player? I seem to take a few rounds in a wing and I loose 1 or 2 guns every time, but I shot the heck out of an AI wing had white smoke and darker grey smoke coming out of three holes in his right wing and he was still able to out climb me. I stalled first ruddered over to correct the vertical stall and and the AI fell in behind me on the down climb and manged to kill me with a quick burst. When I watched the track he was still firing all six guns. The DM showed damage accross the AI right wing where as a player I would have lost the use of my guns. Was this just visual or is the DM for the AI or the Player not completely refined yet? Either way, I must try harder. Love the sim.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.csg-2.net/

• ED Team
Just a quick question, but first I am finally getting it... got my first kill 1v1 with everything equal and AI on Execellent.

Does the AI's damage model follow the same rules as the Player? I seem to take a few rounds in a wing and I loose 1 or 2 guns every time, but I shot the heck out of an AI wing had white smoke and darker grey smoke coming out of three holes in his right wing and he was still able to out climb me. I stalled first ruddered over to correct the vertical stall and and the AI fell in behind me on the down climb and manged to kill me with a quick burst. When I watched the track he was still firing all six guns. The DM showed damage accross the AI right wing where as a player I would have lost the use of my guns. Was this just visual or is the DM for the AI or the Player not completely refined yet? Either way, I must try harder. Love the sim.

No, still WIP... sorry. Not detailed as for human P-51 but just generic.