Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

A few updates -

We have some exciting updates to share!

A little background, Buddyspike was founded almost 5 years ago.

Our main goal was to bring dynamic & progressive experience to the DCS world multiplayer community.

Through the years we have created various events such as - Caucasus Blizzard, Summer Rain, Ace Of Spades and the latest Blue Flag.

We are pleased to have providing such a service to DCS Multiplayer for almost 5 years and we are planning to keep on as long as we can :)

The first announcement is about the Buddyspike team, we are pleased to have MorpheusXAUT joining the team, he has been a huge help in getting development moving forward with integrating various systems and specifically getting a full SOP in place.

please join me in welcoming him to the team!

The second announcement is about the gadget.

We have released a new gadget to - http://gadget.buddyspike.net

This gadget has now merged both maps gadgets into one, you can select the different map from the top drop down list.

Following the new gadget, we have also cleared the statistics and started over, you will be able to get your Kill to Death ratio back up! :)

Looking forward to see you all in our upcoming rounds and featured events.

Discord - https://discord.gg/Q5VQnhA

Website - Buddyspike.net

Buddyspike team

Greg, Crash, Ciribob, MorpheusXAUT, Xcom

Well done! You guys really have changed DCS multiplayer fundamentally and I've never had such a blast flying in DCS before I found Blue Flag. Thank you guys for the great work and dedication! :notworthy:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Any chance the Nevada and Normandy servers will come back soon?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Anyone getting kicked from Blue Flag regularly? It’s happened 3 times in a row with me. Always just after gear-up in the Baguette. 2.5.2 Persian Gulf. My pings are good and, although I don’t do a lot of multiplayer outside of DCS, my connection is pretty stable in other apps.

I know these questions are irritating. I guess what I am really asking is if I am being kicked for pings or for other reasons.

Edited by Smokin Hole

Anyone getting kicked from Blue Flag regularly? It’s happened 3 times in a row with me. Always just after gear-up in the Baguette. 2.5.2 Persian Gulf. My pings are good and, although I don’t do a lot of multiplayer outside of DCS, my connection is pretty stable in other apps.

I know these questions are irritating. I guess what I am really asking is if I am being kicked for pings or for other reasons.

What ping do you have? We don't have any scripts that kick once you're in game

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

I like the concept of the server but it's never been clear to me where are the area of operations, i usually fly solo, and it is so hard to figure out who is engaging who and expecially where.

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

I like the concept of the server but it's never been clear to me where are the area of operations, i usually fly solo, and it is so hard to figure out who is engaging who and expecially where.
Hi Goa.

Do you use SRS?

The last times I flew, there was always a GCI/Human AWAC coordinating the engagement.

Just check in, request tasking, picture and so on... Most immersive experience you can get

The server is supposed to be used in tandem with the live map. Hopefully from there you can see an obvious AO http://gadget.buddyspike.net though sometimes forces may be split in different objectives.

Make sure also to join our discord as you can gain access to your team's HQ for private team chat and planning :)

https://discord.gg/mckCvTc

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Hi,

I joined the server last night for the first time, apologies if I annoyed anyone by starting up, taxiing and exiting on the taxiway but it took me ages to even connect and then I was getting unplayable lag spikes (whole other issue).

Anyway, that's not why I'm posting. I noticed when I spawned an announcement about banned weapons. Now, I agree with this, and I agree the "E" versions of the R-27 should also be banned if AMRAAM is, as they would outclass the AIM-7. But, I only own the Su-33, and there are no loadouts for it (other than ground attack) that don't use banned weapons. All the air superiority loadouts have 6* R-27ER. Is there a way to swap them for basic "R"s? If not, how am I supposed to load this aircraft to comply with the rules?

Thanks!

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4

Hi,

I joined the server last night for the first time, apologies if I annoyed anyone by starting up, taxiing and exiting on the taxiway but it took me ages to even connect and then I was getting unplayable lag spikes (whole other issue).

Anyway, that's not why I'm posting. I noticed when I spawned an announcement about banned weapons. Now, I agree with this, and I agree the "E" versions of the R-27 should also be banned if AMRAAM is, as they would outclass the AIM-7. But, I only own the Su-33, and there are no loadouts for it (other than ground attack) that don't use banned weapons. All the air superiority loadouts have 6* R-27ER. Is there a way to swap them for basic "R"s? If not, how am I supposed to load this aircraft to comply with the rules?

Thanks!

You can just right-click on the stations and select what missile you'd like. You can also go to the mission editor and edit the loadouts (or make new ones), which will then be saved for MP.

You don‘t have to use the preset loadouts from the scroll-list.

You can select individual weapons from further scroll-lists under each pylon beneath the aircraft symbol (right click).

Those lists will only show those weapons that are allowed for the actual mission/server.

Edited by Shadoga

You can just right-click on the stations and select what missile you'd like. You can also go to the mission editor and edit the loadouts (or make new ones), which will then be saved for MP.

You don‘t have to use the preset loadouts from the scroll-list.

You can select individual weapons from further scroll-lists under each pylon beneath the aircraft symbol (right click).

Those lists will only show those weapons that are allowed for the actual mission/server.

You learn something new every day, thanks for the quick replies guys! :)

Now, there's still this lag issue. I don't mind taking 5 to 10 minutes to connect and be able to spawn, but dropping to 1 FPS every couple of minutes for a minute or more is not fun. I gather this is a general MP problem, not specific to this server, but is there anything I can do to improve the situation?

VC

You need 16 GB RAM and I recommend a big pagefile (windows setting) on an SSD (I have it on a PCIe SSD). How much RAM do you have?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

You need 16 GB RAM and I recommend a big pagefile (windows setting) on an SSD (I have it on a PCIe SSD). How much RAM do you have?

12GB RAM and I don't have an SSD. Well, I do, but it's a small one that just runs my OS, separate HDD for everything else. Is there a point in trying to increase the pagefile anyway?

VC

Well DCS is super RAM hungry, it "reserves" itself (the proces DCS.exe) up to 14-16 GB of RAM, if you look in TastManager under process details. But definitely it's priority for you now to move DCS installation to an SSD, as the terrain files are huuuge (+ all aircraft objects). That's what you will benefit most from, DCS on an SSD (maybe you have an M.2 slot, or even use external USB 3.0 SSD.).

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

If DCS does that though, why does it run fine all the time in SP, even quite big missions, but siezes up intermittently in MP only?

I'm not sure upgrading existing storage is an option for me at the moment. I have a pre-built "slim case" PC so I have no idea what's inside or to what extent there is room to upgrade, probably very little and it would be a pain and a risk to take apart.

I might just be able to squeeze DCS onto the SSD with the OS, if I spend some time uninstalling and/or moving other clutter on there. Might not be worth the hassle though. External SSD is an interesting option, but then won't that be bottlenecked by USB speed?

Edited by VC

VC

If DCS does that though, why does it run fine all the time in SP, even quite big missions, but siezes up intermittently in MP only?

Because the network overhead in DCS is pretty big (code needed for network playing). This adds a lot of additional work to your system in MP and Blue Flag itself is a VERY big mission, even without multiplayer.

Tornado3 small.jpg

So I messed with my page file and managed to get rid of most of the lag :) looking forward to playing more on this server.

I know not all aircraft are available on the Caucasus map, but how come blue side don't get a MiG-29G? There are already few other types available to both sides, it would be nice to include it.

VC

Hi!

Looking for a thread dedicated to Blue Flag Persian Gulf.

I'm having problems with DCS CTD-ing on join.

(C++ Runtime error - Terminate something something :P )

Grateful if you can point me in the right direction, or help me ^^

//Jarl

C++ Runtime error appears when You try to join the server which is running on "BETA" DCS World with your DCS "RELEASE" version.

Perhaps vice versa too.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

C++ Runtime error appears when You try to join the server which is running on "BETA" DCS World with your DCS "RELEASE" version.

Perhaps vice versa too.

Ah! That explains it. Weird that it's in the same server-list -.- Thanks!

So the Caucasus Blue Flag isn't on OB?

//Jarl