Let us shoot pilots out of the sky after they eject

Mohamengina

if a pilot were to be marked survived and still remain on the map even after Actual player left into another slot, there would actually be a point to have CSAR mission for Rotorheads flying Utility copters.

Pointsfor Pilots rescued and brought back to base from behind enemy lines

Actually that would make for some very interesting and dynamic scenarios during MP games. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

I know some people do it with scripts or somesuch, dunno how specifically though. I've seen -edit clans /edit do it

-nuther edit

Afaik, the pilot the player sees is not the same as the one the server sees. Ie if you walk off, nobody else but you sees it

Edited by zhukov032186

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

It's a feature I can live without.

+1

I see that most of you hold notions of warfare comparable in their mythology to people who hate hunters but buy meat from factory farms.

-edit and somehow you equate a video game to real life along with it @@

No, It's more like people that eat meat can quite reasonably think that someone who tortures animals for the fun of it before killing them is sad...

It's against the Geneva convention because most people think it's immoral to shoot someone while they're defenceless. It's the same as shooting people with their hands up, rounding up civilians into a building and burning it, or dropping LGB's on school busses.

They all happen in real life, and they're all immoral acts by sick people.

Why would you waste time coding in the ability to let people act out sick fantasies ?

Cheers.

@Weta

You should hurry off to tell 1C and Gaijin that =) I don't know where all you paladins get this idea. The original OP asked for pilots to be destructible, like literally every other object in the game, including towns, villages, and civil traffic.

I never noticed about pilots one way or another, all I have noted they are glitchy/clip through objects, but it is not some damn moral quandry and you people seriously need to extract the stick of self-righteous from your rearward areas.

Maybe he just wants to perform the aerial equivalent of teabagging his opponent after downing him. Maybe he just noticed they were invulnerable and decided to joke about it (as the first few responses before the white knights showed up seemed to indicate).

This is a wargame. It is quite literally a large scale 'murder simulator' as one guy put it. So, leave your moral conundrums and superiority complexs at the door.

There are no combatants or non-combatants. There are non-human pixels that don't care, and pixels controlled by humans who might be slightly annoyed and whine in chat about you rubbing it in. One thing there is NOT is some sort of moral issue. Seriously. Get over yourselves.

It's fine if people think it's pointless or whatever, and I agree. It's a nonissue either way. But equating any of this to real life implications is BS.

@Weta

You should hurry off to tell 1C and Gaijin that =) I don't know where all you paladins get this idea. The original OP asked for pilots to be destructible, like literally every other object in the game, including towns, villages, and civil traffic.

I never noticed about pilots one way or another, all I have noted they are glitchy/clip through objects, but it is not some damn moral quandry and you people seriously need to extract the stick of self-righteous from your rearward areas.

Maybe he just wants to perform the aerial equivalent of teabagging his opponent after downing him. Maybe he just noticed they were invulnerable and decided to joke about it (as the first few responses before the white knights showed up seemed to indicate).

This is a wargame. It is quite literally a large scale 'murder simulator' as one guy put it. So, leave your moral conundrums and superiority complexs at the door.

There are no combatants or non-combatants. There are non-human pixels that don't care, and pixels controlled by humans who might be slightly annoyed and whine in chat about you rubbing it in. One thing there is NOT is some sort of moral issue. Seriously. Get over yourselves.

It's fine if people think it's pointless or whatever, and I agree. It's a nonissue either way. But equating any of this to real life implications is BS.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::megalol:

ASUS ROG G701VI-XS72K 17.3" - i7 7820HK - GTX 1080 8GB - 32 GB 2666mhz - 512 GB SSD - Win10 Pro 64-Bit - T̶r̶a̶c̶k̶I̶R̶5̶ - Samsung Odyssey HMD!! (Amazing!!) - X56 Rhino HOTAS

Can you add a scream in too if his chute collapses and he falls to his death? Better than an explosion. A thud too and small puff of dust.

The hueys can rescue the body, no man left behind.

Only if after 30 seconds or so there's a pause and then it starts over. I expect falling from 10,000ft would require several lungfuls.

Does this mean I should feel bad for doing this in DCS with the F/A-18 vs Bf109? Well until the F-14 and zero comes, then I can fully simulate the movie scenes....;)

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

I find it very difficult to ignore this thread, I got triggered when people called me sick for dropping a GBU on a civilian town in a video game... if shooting someone wasn't already illegal and immoral.

Comparing real life and trying to apply a war crime (from real life) to a game is absurd...

Can I be triggered if I really only have one setting? :p I can't ignore this thread because is funny :p

I bet the mods are debating nuking us all from orbit

Edited by zhukov032186

I wouldn't have a problem with this feature if it would be already there. You can do this in real life also I guess (but normally nobody will do it). My problem is the possible reason behind why the OP thought that this is a worthy addition to this list.

The problem is that I think he just wanna shoot down other pilots in MP and he didn't ask for it because of realism. Killing ejected pilots with the only purpose to get some revenge or something in MP would be a very "arcadish" action.

As I know the focus of this "game" is "creating a sandbox" for simulating realistic air combat situations for a possible mature audience and not to be an Esport for "kids" who wanna do "unrealistic" things just because "its just a game so they wanna have a tool to poke others in MP"

Btw I don't know about others but I draw a line even in games like don't shoot at people unarmed hands in the air, kill children, (hunt defenseless ejected pilots) etc. sure if its your thing thats fine.

I have read some strange comments here "defending" this suggestion like "we are killing civilians here with cluster bombs already" "mass murder simulation" "Its just a game" "too much political correctness in here" I would say ....

First. Who told you we are killing civilians here? Its just your imagination and your fantasy maybe I guess. Its a sandbox we "kill"/destroy objects. The only exception are the foot soldiers but I guess thats "normal" in a wartime situation.

Second. I think most of the DCS:W player are probably a HC simulator enthusiast who prefer realism and immersion so they won't shoot ejected pilots because that is not realistic at all. Its not about PC so stop that please….

Third. "Its just a game"

No, I think its more of a simulation than a game. So I think nobody should compare this to games like GTA than talking about the morality of an action in a game and how its is normal because "its just a game" .

FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9 Dora, MiG-15bis , Mig-21bis, AJS-37 Viggen , M-2000C, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-14, Supercarrier, NTTR, Normandy+WW2 assets, Combined Arms, Persian Gulf

AMD Ryzen 2600x , ASUS Rog Strix B450-F, Corsair H100i, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3000MHz DDR4, MSI RTX 2070 8G, ASUS Xonar DSX, Samsung EVO 970 SSD , PSU - Corsair RM750, Headtracking - EDtracker Pro Wired, 58" Screen, TM Warthog, Windows 10 64bit Home

I find it very difficult to ignore this thread, I got triggered when people called me sick for dropping a GBU on a civilian town in a video game... if shooting someone wasn't already illegal and immoral.

Comparing real life and trying to apply a war crime (from real life) to a game is absurd...

One could argue that for many "brains" it doesn't matter if a conflict solution that is about to be pulled out of the pool of possibilities in your "brain" has been actually lived through, trained in RL or was actually "only" executed in a simulator. Why would training, in RL or simulated, otherwise make sense and show the results it does indeed deliver, when done often and intense enough. Police, military, emergency services and also the bad guys do train exactly for this reason. To pull solutions out of the pool w/o further "Stop shooting, I need to think first!".

in the wider scope but within the same realm of quasi psycho-imprinting I don't think it is wise and a good idea to cross certain borders inside yourself, simulated or not.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

@Sharkh

Simulation is a genre. Yes, it is not an arcade game, but it is still a game. Know how you can tell? Because it's sold on Steam for $49.95 @@ I know what you're saying, but yes, it's a game. And that's fine you roleplay more seriously, but it doesn't change the fact there is no actual moral factor except in your imagination. As for civilians, it's reasonable to assume those buildings and bus ''objects'' that are decorating the scenery would typically be full of imaginary civilians, just like the tanks have imaginary soldiers in them. Most the comments you reference are in response to people asserting ''sickos'' would shoot a pixel pilot, which is BS and argued against previously.

@bitmaster

I see where you're coming from, but it falls a bit hollow if one consumes any kind of 'violent media', whether films, or 1st person shooters, etc. This is no different. All this about Geneva conventions and 'morality' has nothing to do with the game, especially since the status of pilots as combatants is debatable, regardless of current ''international law''.

It's kind of like RL trainers VS DCS ones. In real life if you crash a $150,000,000 F-22 because you're a noob, that's a problem, so there's a cost and safety incentive that does not exist in DCS because you just respawn. Likewise, the absolute worst case in DCS is you shoot somebody's pilot and he rages in chat before respawning (assuming he 'hung around' long enough to notice it)

Alright, stop with the morality talk.

First off. Videogames have not being shown to increase violence. Secondly, there are plenty of completely sane people playing games like Doom etc.

Thirdly: You can already kill the pilots. Right into the cockpit. Ever realised that you can either lose your aircraft and eject, or either die instantly from the hit or afterwards? So killing the pilot is ok but killing the pilot is not ok (from a technical, NOT moral standpoint)?

Fourthly, adding collidable ejected pilot's would give an actual reason to avoid them. And if you add a major score penalty to killing parachuting pilot's then players will avoid doing so - an inherent reason for actually caring about flying into things.

And besides - if this is about not doing something that shouldn't be done in real life - then which is better: getting numbed about the fact that you can run over any number of parachutes with no effect, or actually having an effect when doing it? Just ponder on that a minute.

Problem solved and a new emergent behaviour in fighter-pilots avoiding a killed Il-76's parachutists.

It's raining men.

Edited by MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

While I disagree with shooting a downed aviator, I think it would work to be included. Things go wrong and in DCS every possible failure even if unlikely is simulated. It could be a situation such as maybe a two on one guns and one accidentally shots his buddies parachute, friendly kill log book erased.

However I do think it’s right to be concerned about MP abuse.

I’ll stand by DCS decision either way, maybe in DCS 2030

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

While I disagree with shooting a downed aviator, I think it would work to be included. Things go wrong and in DCS every possible failure even if unlikely is simulated. It could be a situation such as maybe a two on one guns and one accidentally shots his buddies parachute, friendly kill log book erased.

However I do think it’s right to be concerned about MP abuse.

I’ll stand by DCS decision either way, maybe in DCS 2030

Penalize it in score (just like blue-on-blue) or some other way and people will avoid shooting/crashing into parachuted pilots.

DCS Finland | SF squadron

Alright, stop with the morality talk.

First off. Videogames have not being shown to increase violence. Secondly, there are plenty of completely sane people playing games like Doom etc.

Thirdly: You can already kill the pilots. Right into the cockpit. Ever realised that you can either lose your aircraft and eject, or either die instantly from the hit or afterwards? So killing the pilot is ok but killing the pilot is not ok (from a technical, NOT moral standpoint)?

Fourthly, adding collidable ejected pilot's would give an actual reason to avoid them. And if you add a major score penalty to killing parachuting pilot's then players will avoid doing so - an inherent reason for actually caring about flying into things.

And besides - if this is about not doing something that shouldn't be done in real life - then which is better: getting numbed about the fact that you can run over any number of parachutes with no effect, or actually having an effect when doing it? Just ponder on that a minute.

Problem solved and a new emergent behaviour in fighter-pilots avoiding a killed Il-76's parachutists.

It's raining men.

Its strange to me how someone can put an equal sign between shooting down a pilot in the cockpit(armed for combat) or ejected . I think its not the same at all even in a game.

Its a simulation what is trying to simulate realistic air combat. Its not an arcade shooter based on fiction like doom so the comparison is ridiculous. So if we stick to realism than shooting down ejected pilots is like shooting down an unarmed soldier with his hands in the air so I think it does not belong to this game (not the feature but the actual action itself and that someone wants to do it) and even if its just a game in MP it would be only good to show disrespect and perform an unsportsmanlike action.

If its a thing for some killing imaginary defenseless pixels on screen than I think this is not the best genre for that. (don't forget the op also asked for blood splatter and dismemberment ehh...)

Edited by Sharkh

FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9 Dora, MiG-15bis , Mig-21bis, AJS-37 Viggen , M-2000C, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-14, Supercarrier, NTTR, Normandy+WW2 assets, Combined Arms, Persian Gulf

AMD Ryzen 2600x , ASUS Rog Strix B450-F, Corsair H100i, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3000MHz DDR4, MSI RTX 2070 8G, ASUS Xonar DSX, Samsung EVO 970 SSD , PSU - Corsair RM750, Headtracking - EDtracker Pro Wired, 58" Screen, TM Warthog, Windows 10 64bit Home

Lol 'every possible failure simulated'

EJECTING!

*pulls ripcord*

*cord comes off in hand*

*stares numbly while falling*

Reminds me of Aces of the Pacific, which had occasional parachute failure implemented, though obviously without animation. Of new era sims, didn't CloD have it too?

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.