RS Mapper Release - Page 28 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-07-2020, 07:20 PM   #271
Pac-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK61 View Post
First of all thanks for your efforts in developing this program, it sure appears to have a lot of promise but it needs more work in areas where for example, when creating sequences, if I go to edit an action, afterwards it may appear in the list out of order (at the end), this can't be right or am I missing something? I've also noticed what I think may be a bug in that at times when I enter 2 identical actions e.g. at times to turn a rotary, one appears at the end of the list and the other is somewhere up the list in a random spot for whatever reason. Second, how if possible can we simulate the turning of rotaries within sequences? This is done easily with a single key press with a repeat of X times but why is this missing within sequence building? I find the options in entering actions for a sequence too basic compared to entering a single key-press so I`d love to see this addressed at some point.

Update, regarding entering actions in a sequence, when entering actions with differing start delay times for example, the entries end up out of order, this is simply unusable at this point and needs attention.
Hey Bud! Can you provide a specific example of what you're:

Trying to do with the sequence

How you have it set up

What the results are

I only ask because I have sequences for setting the different autopilot modes in the Hornet, tank jettison, speed brake... etc and they all of have start delays and work fine.

Remember that the delay is time from the initiation of the sequence... not since the last button.

Here to help if you need.

www.Vcw13.com

Asus Z270 Prime-A | i7-7700k | 32G Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 | EVGA RTX 2080ti | 2x 960 EVO M.2 in RAID 0 | 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog | Pimax 5K Plus

https://www.youtube.com/c/OverKillSims
Pac-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 10:34 AM   #272
shaun57

Hi Avantar,

Firstly, thank you for your efforts in developing this utility. I'm very new to DCS but this seems like the perfect solution to easiliy utilise all of the Warthog HOTAS functions.

I do have one query, and apologies if this has already been addressed in earlier responses. I'd like to assign a button to quickly switch to another profile, and in that profile I'd like all of the assignments to be exactly the same as the one I'm switching from, except for one or two new ones. So, the easiest way to achieve that would be to start with a copy of the first profile and just change those few assignments. Is there a way to perform such a profile copy ? I can't find a way from within the app.
shaun57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 06:19 AM   #273
shaun57

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun57 View Post
Hi Avantar,

Firstly, thank you for your efforts in developing this utility. I'm very new to DCS but this seems like the perfect solution to easiliy utilise all of the Warthog HOTAS functions.

I do have one query, and apologies if this has already been addressed in earlier responses. I'd like to assign a button to quickly switch to another profile, and in that profile I'd like all of the assignments to be exactly the same as the one I'm switching from, except for one or two new ones. So, the easiest way to achieve that would be to start with a copy of the first profile and just change those few assignments. Is there a way to perform such a profile copy ? I can't find a way from within the app.

...Scratch that question, I've worked it out.

To get an exact copy of an aircraft profile within an RS Mapper file simply..

1. Save the original RS Mapper file with a different name (Save as..)
2. Open RS Mapper in the original file again
3. Use "Import.." to import the copy of the file you just saved
4. RS Mapper will inform you that there is already a profile with the name of the one you're importing, and it will ask you to rename the new one.
5. So if the original profile is named, for example, DCS F-15C, name the new one DCS F-15D MOD.
6. You may need to rename and then delete any additional profiles that will be imported from the original that are not required.

7 Now you have two identical profiles so you can add modifications to one of them and switch between them.
Old 08-11-2020, 07:42 AM   #274
Pac-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun57 View Post
...Scratch that question, I've worked it out.

To get an exact copy of an aircraft profile within an RS Mapper file simply..

1. Save the original RS Mapper file with a different name (Save as..)
2. Open RS Mapper in the original file again
3. Use "Import.." to import the copy of the file you just saved
4. RS Mapper will inform you that there is already a profile with the name of the one you're importing, and it will ask you to rename the new one.
5. So if the original profile is named, for example, DCS F-15C, name the new one DCS F-15D MOD.
6. You may need to rename and then delete any additional profiles that will be imported from the original that are not required.

7 Now you have two identical profiles so you can add modifications to one of them and switch between them.
Awesome find!!! I was curious about that just this afternoon!!! Great Job!!

@Avantar - You've really made an awesome utility here Sir!! Keep it up!

www.Vcw13.com

Asus Z270 Prime-A | i7-7700k | 32G Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 | EVGA RTX 2080ti | 2x 960 EVO M.2 in RAID 0 | 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog | Pimax 5K Plus

Old 08-11-2020, 09:27 AM   #275
shaun57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pac-Man View Post
@Avantar -
Firstly, I hope you're doing very well Sir! As you can tell I'm still very much so enjoying RSMapper. Keep up the great work Bud!

Bug - When creating a sequence to test with, I was unable to delete it using .51. Application error occured.
" at RSMapper.SequenceDialog.buttonDeleteSequence_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)"

Also, for the past few weeks at complete random as I can't find any commonality to the occurences, my profile will become corrupted and unable to be opened and I have to start it all over again. Unfortunately, I don't have the log (troubleshooting fail... I know ). Just wondering if you have run into this at all? I'll post a log the next time it happens. I have even made a backup of the mapping so when it happens I just copy the back up over and it still fails.
Could the device ID's be changing? If so is there a way to resolve this when it happens that you can think of?

Suggestion - With sequences, I ran into a neat idea last night programming the Huey... Can you add the ability to switch profiles in the sequence command options. So just like I've done in the last video I posted above, It would be cool to have one button switch profiles to the CoPilot configuration while also arming and bringing down the gunsight. Just a thought No idea what that would take to accomplish, so if it's too much of a pain in the backside then disregard lol.

Take care!

- OverKill

Couldn't you Arm and flip the gunsight with a sequence in Single Press and switch to your CoPilot profile with the On Release ?
Old 08-11-2020, 03:51 PM   #276
Pac-Man

Definitely! Especially now that you found an easy way to duplicate the profile commands lol!! I'm seriously stoked about that lol.

It was just an idea that came to mind so I figure I would at least mention it

www.Vcw13.com

Old 08-12-2020, 03:02 AM   #277
Wood

Hey all. Seems like every time I use this I end up getting this. Anyone please?

Code:
Source
RSMapper 0.50

Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎2020-‎08-‎11 9:32 PM

Status
Report sent

Description
Faulting Application Path:	C:\Dev\RS Mapper 0.51\RS Mapper 0.51\RSMapper.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:	CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01:	RSMapper.exe
Problem Signature 02:	0.0.51.0
Problem Signature 03:	5ee33cd0
Problem Signature 04:	SharpDX
Problem Signature 05:	4.0.1.0
Problem Signature 06:	592da585
Problem Signature 07:	136
Problem Signature 08:	14
Problem Signature 09:	SharpDX.SharpDXException
OS Version:	10.0.19041.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID:	4105
Additional Information 1:	2beb
Additional Information 2:	2beba6fb4680d73a8c78ca7c24ccdb46
Additional Information 3:	ab31
Additional Information 4:	ab31236752fcb0c711def892810629b8

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:	1258437aa7e81b9b68f938b778cb5121 (1799531886767984929)
Old 08-13-2020, 05:06 PM   #278
shaun57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood View Post
Hey all. Seems like every time I use this I end up getting this. Anyone please?

Code:
Source
RSMapper 0.50

Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎2020-‎08-‎11 9:32 PM

Status
Report sent

Description
Faulting Application Path:    C:\Dev\RS Mapper 0.51\RS Mapper 0.51\RSMapper.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01:    RSMapper.exe
Problem Signature 02:    0.0.51.0
Problem Signature 03:    5ee33cd0
Problem Signature 04:    SharpDX
Problem Signature 05:    4.0.1.0
Problem Signature 06:    592da585
Problem Signature 07:    136
Problem Signature 08:    14
Problem Signature 09:    SharpDX.SharpDXException
OS Version:    10.0.19041.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID:    4105
Additional Information 1:    2beb
Additional Information 2:    2beba6fb4680d73a8c78ca7c24ccdb46
Additional Information 3:    ab31
Additional Information 4:    ab31236752fcb0c711def892810629b8

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:    1258437aa7e81b9b68f938b778cb5121 (1799531886767984929)

think you need Avantar to look into this one. Looks like C# is throwing an exception in the Direct X interface. Do you have the latest drivers installed for your graphics card ?

Does it always happen or only after you execute a particular command ?

Do you have the latest version of RS Mapper? I see Avantar released the latest version on Jun 12 and looks like he fixed some bugs.

Beyond those suggestions it's beyond me I'm afraid
Old 08-15-2020, 07:16 PM   #279
GK61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pac-Man View Post
Hey Bud! Can you provide a specific example of what you're:

Trying to do with the sequence

How you have it set up

What the results are

I only ask because I have sequences for setting the different autopilot modes in the Hornet, tank jettison, speed brake... etc and they all of have start delays and work fine.

What I'd like to do now is figure out how to simulate the turning of rotaries/dials with a sequence, obviously it can be done with a single key press with repeat but I'd like to be able to set several rotaries up or down with a single key press, is this possible?

Remember that the delay is time from the initiation of the sequence... not since the last button.

Here to help if you need.
Thank you for the response Pac-Man, I have DCS but I'm working within Falcon BMS atm.

I have it working now, turns out you have to have it as such:

where the "Delay Since Start" of the 2nd action has to match or exceed the "Duration" of the first action (e.g. as in below pic), not sure why it took so long to dawn on me. Meanwhile I'm still playing with delays and durations for optimum efficiency.

What issue I'm having now and what I'd like to have work is the simulating of turning of several rotaries/dials at once with a single key-press, is this possible?

e.g. commands of Shft+] (BMS COM1 Vol Up) easily done of course with "Trigger on single press" with 5x repeat but how to do with a sequence?

Update 2: after that last entry above, I tinkered and came up with this sequence (pic below) where I can turn up 2 COM rotaries at same time with one sequence:

through trial and error I had to progressively increase the "Delay since start" times by a factor of 100 + 1 ms, so each delay went up a 10th of a second +1ms or .101 sec. With the above sequence, each volume knob is turned up to a set volume then the other to the same volume, but you could set it up alternating each knob incrementally I suppose.

One other concern is, why can I not have a lower delay action follow one with a higher delay in a sequence, in essence what does "Delay Since Start" have to do with the ordering of the actions? If I place an action in a sequence with a high delay, then add another to follow it with a lower delay, the action with a lower delay gets pushed back before the action with the higher delay, frustrating to say the least, hence this program really needs a "Pause" command to insert wherever one wants without the program putting actions out of order unless of course I'm totally missing something here...

I've been developing a series of actions for a sequence, many of which have varying delays but need to be in a certain order as below:

Action A (small delay)
Action B (small delay)
Action C (larger delay)
Action D (smaller delay) and so on...

I don't want "D" before "C", that is the order I want with their associated delays or pauses I like to call them, similar to the Real Simulator software which is easy to use however it's limited (to 10) in the amount of positions (actions) that can be used for one Macro. In the RS software you can insert Pause(s) wherever you wish and in whatever duration and order. So to summarize, e.g. if I have the following actions which I want to perform in a sequence in the order that I have them below,

Action 1 (0ms delay, 50ms duration)
Action 2 (50k {50 secs} delay, 50ms duration)
Action 3 (40k {40 secs} delay, 50ms duration)

Action 4 (31K {31 secs delay, 50ms duration)

so the "Delay Since Start" for the Actions 1-4 would read:

Action 1 0
Action 2 50000 (50 secs)
Action 3 90000 (40 secs more than Action 2)
Action 4 121000 (31 secs more than Action 3)

the program simply won't allow for this, it'll place the Actions as follows:

Action 0,4,3,2

which is nonsense, and on top of it, the program will crop time off of Action 4 due to the cap of 120000ms (2 min) thus rendering this particular sequence useless.

One thing to note, as mentioned above, there is a 120000ms (2 min) cap on delay times, which for most might not be an issue but in limited circumstances, e.g. RAMP starts etc. there are times when such greater cumulative delays are necessary.

Last edited by GK61; 08-17-2020 at 07:28 PM.
GK61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 02:12 PM   #280
Snacko

This is a great tool! And just like the OP said, I tried several other mappers, but found them to cumbersome or totally confusing. But I used to use the Saitek Profile Editor, which had a ton of features that many people didn't know about. I find this tool easy to use and understand.

Great work!!

After many hours creating a profile for the F/A-18, today RSMapper would not load the file. Arrg!!

But I figured out that for some strange reason, the GUID and even the Name of my Racing Wheel controller had changed??? I just had to save a new file and compare the devices. I copied the new Name and GUID into my old proflie and it loaded!! YEA!!!!!!

Here is my racing wheel device:

OLD : <DeviceInfo id="943478b0-6001-11e7-8001-444553540000" name="Thrustmaster FFB Wheel" selected="False" />
NEW: <DeviceInfo id="94f30dc0-6001-11e7-8002-444553540000" name="Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel" selected="True" />

And as you can see, I have it selected as False in my original profile because I don't use that racing wheel. So, why is it even being saved in the profile?

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -
-- Thread -- ♥ Download
[/COLOR]
Snacko is offline   Reply With Quote