Red Coalition Planes... - Page 3 - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2020, 07:04 PM   #21
Cantankerous
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Lost over the sea on reserve tank.
Posts: 13
Default

Hi.

I'm not sure what you mean .



Is it that the Su27 mass is wrong and that is more important than missiles ?
Cantankerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 04:06 AM   #22
IronChancellor
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous View Post
He argues that the developments in datalink and missiles make Blueforce planes very hard to defeat and that the red force planes are fighting with weapons from a time 10 years or more before the Amraams 120 (especially the recent C variants) were introduced.

Take a look at this.

The RU planes dont need 'datalink' missiles, they need functioning missiles.
IronChancellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 12:43 AM   #23
ACME_Widgets
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: USA - West Coast
Posts: 38
Default

I'd like to see Weapon Override Authority on the J-11. Should add ~15% to R77 range, and will scare BlueFor more easily.


( side item request: and I'd really like data link on the Mig29. Often AWACs are out of range, so if you're nose hot you paint a big "shoot me here" picture)
__________________
Surface Pro 3 with m3 CPU 2.4Ghz w/external cooler, 2GB RAM (plus 16GB Mustang Perf Profile Settings), Thrustmaster Mark !! w/FCS Mk1 stick circa 1980 with USB mod, DIY Opentrack IR.
FC3 only. About 23 fps SP and 20 fps MP
ACME_Widgets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 03:58 PM   #24
Mike_Romeo
Member
 
Mike_Romeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Germany
Posts: 135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACME_Widgets View Post
I'd like to see Weapon Override Authority on the J-11. Should add ~15% to R77 range, and will scare BlueFor more easily.


( side item request: and I'd really like data link on the Mig29. Often AWACs are out of range, so if you're nose hot you paint a big "shoot me here" picture)

J-11 has weapon override authority. press LAlt + W for that. Its called "Launch Permission Override" btw.
Mike_Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 05:25 PM   #25
Schmidtfire
Senior Member
 
Schmidtfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,421
Default

From a multiplayer perspective it is quite boring that almost everyone and their mother are flying F/A-18C or F-16C. I guess flying Su-27 and MiG-29 could be more managable with better mission design where Redfor has sophisticated SAM coverage as their advantage. But yes, we need more types of Russian jets to keep this from being a F/A-18C vs F-16C sim.
Schmidtfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 01:29 PM   #26
BBCRF
Senior Member
 
BBCRF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Sankt-Peterburg
Posts: 1,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous View Post
Hi.

I'm not sure what you mean .



Is it that the Su27 mass is wrong and that is more important than missiles ?
Yes, the mass of the su-27 in the game is incorrect
__________________
I7-8700K 4,7Ghz, Z390 Aourus Ultra Gaming, 32 Gb Ram DDR4 Ballistix Sport Lt, RTX 2080
BBCRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 06:55 PM   #27
Velik
Member
 
Velik's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 216
Default

1.We have no unclassified data about su-27sm/sm3 su-35s, mig-29smt/kr
We have data about su-30sm, but it's classified too.
We can get data about su-30mki, mig-29upg etc, but russian FSB doesn't care if it is Indian or not. Easy way to get promotion catching "dangerous spies".
I dunno why Guoanbu didn't shoot Deka Ironwork guys for JF-17. Looks the same for me.
Stuck in USA jail for f-16 and stuck in Russian jail for su-30 are completely different things.
2. Late-soviet generation offended by their own motherland -->cargo-cult ---> godblessed blues with pretty advert perfomance sheets and retard red savages with their "archaic element base". (my personal opinion) Does it hurt? "Try to find better game" they said.
3. Business. NATO-boys buy NATO-toys. That's clear and confirmed by ED. You just can't buy module for 80$ if the average salary is 450$. So, sorry opfor brokes

Last edited by Velik; 09-16-2020 at 07:08 PM.
Velik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 07:38 PM   #28
Ironhand
Veteran
 
Ironhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Posts: 4,414
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidtfire View Post
From a multiplayer perspective it is quite boring that almost everyone and their mother are flying F/A-18C or F-16C...
Well...I guess once enough people feel it’s boring and server visits drop off, more “balanced” (or whatever) missions will be designed.
__________________
http://rsoro.host22.com/Flankertraining_Images/Flankertraining_Banner-1a.jpg

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 16GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.
Ironhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 08:00 PM   #29
SovietAce
Junior Member
 
SovietAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 38
Default

Now wait for Typhoon to came along with its Meteors and IRIS-T missiles. That´s going to be interesting.
Its was a strange decision to go for early 21st century jets anyway, especialy when ED knew that they wont be able to make a good counterpart against them. MP is going to be about JF-17, F-16, F-15, F-18 and Typhoons against JF-17, F-16, F-15, F-18 and Typhoons. Thats what´s called fun . Thankfully I dont play MP anymore.
SovietAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 10:43 PM   #30
Max1mus
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SovietAce View Post
Now wait for Typhoon to came along with its Meteors and IRIS-T missiles. That´s going to be interesting.
Its was a strange decision to go for early 21st century jets anyway, especialy when ED knew that they wont be able to make a good counterpart against them. MP is going to be about JF-17, F-16, F-15, F-18 and Typhoons against JF-17, F-16, F-15, F-18 and Typhoons. Thats what´s called fun . Thankfully I dont play MP anymore.
Meteor was deployed in 2019-2020 and is carried by Eurofighters with AESA radars. Thats as if we got Su-57, F-22 and R-37 in DCS all of a sudden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhand View Post
Well...I guess once enough people feel it’s boring and server visits drop off, more “balanced” (or whatever) missions will be designed.
No, what happens is that NATO jets are put on both sides and no one flies the soviet ones. The DCS community seems to be unwilling to accept timeframe accurate weapon restrictions (Like 1995 -> 120B+9M, no JSOW or SLAM). Maybe also because this would mean to exclude/neuter the JF-17 which doesnt carry missiles from before the 2000s.

Singleplayer is even worse, since there is 0 timeframe accurate content for 80s Su-27S/MiG-29A and 90s J-11A and MiG-29S. No campaigns running mainly R-27Rs against AIM-7M for 80s, no campaigns running R-27ER and RVV-AE against AIM-120Bs for 90s.
Max1mus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:12 PM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.