Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library - Page 80 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-09-2020, 06:34 PM   #791
Charly_Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzicato View Post
Is there a revision list for the June 5th update to the Hornet guide? It appears to have increased from 311 pages to 356 since I last grabbed a version.

I've looked through this thread a couple of times all the way back to early May, but I can only see the references to the updates of the Mirage and Tomcat guides, and the release of the F-16 and P-47 guides.

Apologies I'm being dense/blind, and missing something really obvious.

Thanks, as ever, for the amazing guides, and the immense volumes of research and work they so clearly involve.

The Hornet guide changelog is available here: https://www.mudspike.com/chucks-guid...-a-18c-hornet/

Revision History:
  • 05/06/2020: Fixed Walleye Datalink tutorial
  • 31/12/2019: Added JHMCS LHACQ and HACQ mode descriptions
  • 30/12/2019: Added TWS Radar Mode section (including RAID & EXP sub-modes), added AGM-62 Walleye II procedure with and without AWW-13 Datalink pod
  • 16/11/2019: Corrected Air-to-Ground Weapon Tutorial 2.7 GPS Guided Ordnance (JDAM/JSOW with Targeting Pod & TOO Mode) with latest logic implemented
  • 31/08/2019: Corrected IFF tutorial procedure to use Sensor Select Depress switch
  • 28/08/2019: Added bookmarks
  • 26/08/2019: Updated Sensors Section with LITENING II Targeting Pod, Added AGM-65E Maverick, AGM-84D Harpoon (BOL & R/BL), GPS-Guided Ordnance (Targeting Pod), and GBU-12 (Laser-Guided) Tutorials, Updated IFF & Datalink Section, Added hyperlinks in Table of Contents, Fixed Typos
  • 21/07/2019: Updated Start-Up Procedure, Added IFF & Datalink Section, Added AGM-65F Maverick, AGM-88C HARM (TOO & SP), GBU-38 JDAM (Pre-Planned), AGM-154 JSOW (TOO), AIM-9X (JHMCS) & AIM-120 Tutorials, Re-wrote Sensors Section & Updated Radar Modes, Added FPAS page description, Fixed Typos
  • 13/01/2019: Fixed typo in the Air-to-Air Radar Azimuth Scale Description
  • 30/07/2018: Added Case III Recovery (ICLS Landing) Tutorial
  • 21/06/2018: Added IFF section in Radar & Sensors section, updated radio tutorial, radar section, carrier operation procedures, RWR section, catapult takeoff trim table, and AoA Indexer tables
  • 12/06/2018: Added hyperlink to Backy51’s Checklist and Redkite’s Controls Template
  • 11/06/2018: Typos corrected, updated RWR section, corrected Carrier Landing procedure
  • 9/06/2018: Initial Release
Charly_Owl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 08:05 PM   #792
Pizzicato

Thanks a lot, Chuck. Much appreciated. I’ll remember that link for future reference.
Old 08-17-2020, 01:23 PM   #793
Charly_Owl

The Ka-50 Black Shark guide has finally been updated!

Changelog:
(17/08/2020)
  • Overhauled cockpit description
  • Start-Up section re-written
  • Autopilot section added
  • Datalink tutorial fixed
  • ABRIS description expanded
  • Added Target Point designation & slaving
  • Added Estimated Range/Bearing Line (ERBL) explanations
  • Re-wrote weapon tutorials
  • Re-wrote countermeasures section
Old 08-17-2020, 01:29 PM   #794
speed-of-heat

Thanks Chuck!

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-9700K @ 5.1 GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA 1080ti FTW 11Gb, Dell S2716DG, Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswinds V2, HP Reverb Pro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView, CombatFlite

VR Stuff: My 2.5.5 DCS VR Settings, My 2.5.6. DCS VR Settings, Shaders MOD for VR My variant of Kegetys mod with clear water and also IC PASS for current beta & Stable
speed-of-heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 05:14 PM   #795
kotor633

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charly_Owl View Post

Changelog:
(17/08/2020)
  • Overhauled cockpit description
  • Start-Up section re-written
  • Autopilot section added
  • Datalink tutorial fixed
  • ABRIS description expanded
  • Added Target Point designation & slaving
  • Added Estimated Range/Bearing Line (ERBL) explanations
  • Re-wrote weapon tutorials
  • Re-wrote countermeasures section
Thanks a lot!
kotor633 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 05:44 AM   #796
Emmy

You Da Man, Chuck!

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php
High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.
www.crosswindimages.com
Emmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 11:15 PM   #797
LordOrion

Hi Charly:

F/A-18 guide, Chapter 2.10 (Laser maverick), points 23 and 24: Your are saying to enable and use Laser Trig feature but:

- Releasing trigger button laser goes off.
- If you keep trigger pressed, then Weapon Release button does not work (maybe due it conflicts with trigger).

Someone says this is just a bug, others that Laser Trig feature should be used for buddy lasing only, some others says that ED has changed something and your procedure is now outdated.
In all the cases, in order to launch AGM-65E you need to activate LTD-R and then just press the weapon release button: this will fire laser and keep it on.
I've tried that way and it works.

Also, not 100% sure, but the same issue might occur on Paveway LGB usage too..

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights".

"Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CPU: i7-4970K@4GHz|GPU: GTX-1070 AMP Extreme|RAM: 32GB DDR3@1600MHz|SSD: 850EVO + 860EVO|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|
LordOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 12:24 AM   #798
Panzertard
Veteran

First and foremost; A huge thanks for providing such excellent and nice guides. I absolutely love using them for learning a new airframe.

May I ask something for future versions (not asking for a full redesign of whats been released)?

Background:
Due to VR and lack of physical surroundings I convert many of the pages over to the kneeboard. Since the kneeboard is a portrait-mode page I snip mostly the left part of the pages, at a roughly 4:3 ratio.
And it works great for most pages as I get the gist of what I need to remember in the procedures (for startup and like).

Question:
Would it be possible to try to keep the text on the left-most side of the page? This is quite useful for the content such as startup, which can be considered as 'checklists' but with better information (key bindings and other hints).
It works nicely for 80% of the pages as I don't need the images in later stages.

I know I can grab checklists from other places, but I do prefer the additional hints you have in the guides.
Old 09-04-2020, 02:28 AM   #799
Devrim
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charly_Owl View Post

Mi-24P Hind EN Cokcpit WIP: %15
Devrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 06:11 PM   #800
Charly_Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzertard View Post
First and foremost; A huge thanks for providing such excellent and nice guides. I absolutely love using them for learning a new airframe.

May I ask something for future versions (not asking for a full redesign of whats been released)?

Background:
Due to VR and lack of physical surroundings I convert many of the pages over to the kneeboard. Since the kneeboard is a portrait-mode page I snip mostly the left part of the pages, at a roughly 4:3 ratio.
And it works great for most pages as I get the gist of what I need to remember in the procedures (for startup and like).

Question:
Would it be possible to try to keep the text on the left-most side of the page? This is quite useful for the content such as startup, which can be considered as 'checklists' but with better information (key bindings and other hints).
It works nicely for 80% of the pages as I don't need the images in later stages.

I know I can grab checklists from other places, but I do prefer the additional hints you have in the guides.
I'll try to keep that in mind for future guides.