A-10C Discussion

McBlemmen

The best way to defeat a Line of S-400s will be with a string of Tomahawks or CALCMs...We've already proven this in previous conflicts. What makes you think we'd do anything different?

Which conflict involved taking out mobile SAMs and S-400 types like that again?

Army troops and CAS pilots DO know whats better for the job when it comes to Close Air Support. Why? Because for the most part the vast majority of Air Force Leadership is made up of "Zoomies" and "Fast Burners". They're not interested in anything that doesn't get the promoted or a job after the military. The simple fact is, The Air Force chief of staff admitted this is about 1 thing, Funding for the F-35. This about Politics, Lobbyists and what airplane parts get made in what states. Not about whats best for the kids on the ground.

Rather naive and ignorant statement, when you grow up you might understand.

No sir, you are wrong. Humans are only as good as the tools they are provided. You can't take the CAS "Community" and put them in an aircraft was was barely designed to FLY let alone do CAS and expect them to "adapt" and accomplish the same mission as well.

Speechless - all the best with that. :thumbup:

Rather naive and ignorant statement, when you grow up you might understand.

Naive and arrogant? OK...let's look at it this way.

How many years did you serve in the US military directly supporting A-10s flying combat operations? Take a look at my profile picture...that's not something I downloaded time the Internet, I took that photo I've been there.

I've talked with Pilots on the Boom and I have first hand knowledge of missions where the A-10 presence saved lives on the ground. How many times have you done that?

How many A-10 drags have you done going into and out of country? (I quit counting at 15...) You know where the extra pilots ride? On the tanker. You wanna guess how many hours I've spent chatting with A-10 pilots about their mission and the capabilities of their aircraft?

How many friends do you have who were A-10 pilots? Not acquaintances... people you go out to dinner with? I actually have a couple...

How many times have you refueled the current darling of the military budget request? Me neither. Every time it was scheduled it cancelled.

With all due respect, You accuse me of being naive and arrogant yet it seems I have more than a little experience with the subject at hand than you do.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Naive and arrogant? OK...let's look at it this way.

Your reply was naive and ignorant Yes - I must admit I thought it was a troll attempt sorry.

Stating things as a fact that XYZ are what roughly translates as "clueless morons" based on general hearsay and emotional irrelevant arguments is not a fact in any way sorry.

And the rest kind of explains things - just because you did XYZ doesn't mean you understand what they are talking about does it.

How many years did you spend in the Air Force understanding the issues they have to contend with to deliver that service.

Ever tried talking to F-35 pilots to get their side/take on things? maybe you should when more are up because looking at things from one point of view is never the way to go! What about ex A-10 flyers now in F-35s how do they feel now?

In line with the thread go to 57:30 to hear recent from McSally.

[ame]

[/ame]
Edited by Basher54321

• 4 months later...

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..