DCS World 2.5 360° cockpit Harrier formation flight, Aerobatics Online

DoctorStrop

This is a 360 video I have done. I have lots of improvements to make if I make future videos like this. Somehow I managed to lose the sound clip :(

I hope you like the flight. Some pretty tight loops and barrel rolls. The original flight was on the Aerobatic Online server, sadly cut short due to lag.

• Like 1

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 6700K, 32GB Corsair 2400Mhz, 970 NVMe 500Gb SSD, GeForce 2080 super, HP Reverb, VKB GF PRO, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster Pendular rudders, Windows + DCS :thumbup:

My youtube channel

Coorrr.

Pretty ropey resolution, but all the same, it's in 360, so VERY impressive.

How do you do that?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I made a box projection monitor settings LUA file so I could have each side; top bottom, left, right, front, and back all in one display, like a unfolded cube. I recorded a trk in this format. Then I baked the projection on to a cube in blender, stuck a camera inside the cube, and rendered it as a equirectangular panoramic projection. It took 48 to render on 1070 GPU, but is on 1080p. Next time I plan to get as close to 4k as I can.

Setting the correct FOV proved impossible for me. I need to look into this more.

I only have a 1080 monitor, which I over scaled to 4k, but I have since I finished the video realised that I assumed incorrectly that nVidia Shadowplay would record at 4k (I guess it can) which is where I lost most of my quality. I will look at getting this right next time, along with audio.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 6700K, 32GB Corsair 2400Mhz, 970 NVMe 500Gb SSD, GeForce 2080 super, HP Reverb, VKB GF PRO, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster Pendular rudders, Windows + DCS :thumbup:

My youtube channel

I made a box projection monitor settings LUA file so I could have each side; top bottom, left, right, front, and back all in one display, like a unfolded cube. I recorded a trk in this format. Then I baked the projection on to a cube in blender, stuck a camera inside the cube, and rendered it as a equirectangular panoramic projection. It took 48 to render on 1070 GPU, but is on 1080p. Next time I plan to get as close to 4k as I can.

Setting the correct FOV proved impossible for me. I need to look into this more.

I only have a 1080 monitor, which I over scaled to 4k, but I have since I finished the video realised that I assumed incorrectly that nVidia Shadowplay would record at 4k (I guess it can) which is where I lost most of my quality. I will look at getting this right next time, along with audio.

You are a genius ! No joke...

Great work and thank you thousands times sharing this idea with us. :pilotfly::smartass::thumbup:

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

I can't take credit for the cube idea, this was someone else's description. It is fair for me to say I also asked for help in the Blender forums :)

My youtube channel