We also have to have a chat about MSAA and deferred shading

muse458

running 4x MSAA, will look asap.

Need to unpack my Rift....moving is a pain.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Game mode : how do you enable it ? When I press Win-G in DCS (GUI, or Game) it doesn't do anything (certainly not show a game bar)

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

@prccowboy : thanks !

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Definite improvement with latest patch 2x MSAA gives no loss of frames :)

for me its worse than before, it seems that vsync has stoppped working....

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Definite improvement with latest patch 2x MSAA gives no loss of frames :)

Also experienced that. Big improvements every hotfix! ED seems to work really hard on the performance issue right now. Every hotfix a big improvement!

For me, it seems that the VRAM is getting used more "wisely" now. Before the hotfix i had a single player VRAM usage of 8GB (running VR on a 1080) which is now down to 5-6GB.

Multiplayer is still using 7.5GB but only on huge servers with a lot 30+ players. Other than that it runs pretty smooth.

Settings are PD 1.2, 2 x MSAA, Shadows flat, Visibility High.

In winterseason and caucasus map really eye-candy (even in VR)!

GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - 64Gb RAM - Win11 - HP Reverb G1 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (40cm extension) - VKB Sim T-Rudder MKIV Pedals

I tried it and found no difference, unfortunately, I still have the same loss of FPS

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

I have some improvement with MSAAx2, but it seems that clouds when set to 6-8 knock me down almost as bad as the trees do. Interestingly enough, clouds at 9-10 does not impact performance much at all.

It was around 2.0 IIRC the clouds where totally borked and any clouds killed fps to an unflyable level even in 2d. Lets hope its just a small thing they fixed already and will be dealt with. Because yeah clouds and late/early light is phenomenal :)

Oh and my post about 2xMSAA working is only tested in rift. in 2d I can have everything maxxed out and still get great frames. I thought the MSAA problem was confined to VR and not normal gaming. BTW whats the story about the tile effect I see now in NTTR ?

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

definately can confirm this ! :thumbup:

I can't confirm this.

Yesterday I tried it and it gave me a massive loss of FPS in VR with msaa 2x

I used alsways the same situation (Quick Mission "Dogfight" with the F5E).

With msaa 2x I have 45 FPS in high altitude and down to 30 FPS in the mountains with a lot of trees.

With msaa at off I get 90 FPS at high altitude and 45 FPS in the mountains with a lot of trees.

On the other hand I couldn't see any differences in the quality without msaa 2x in VR. The enemy plane was as clear (or blurry) as with msaa 2x and also the instruments in the F5E-cockpit were the same quality. I also didn't spot the enemy earlier or later as with msaa 2x.

DCS-Callsign: "Goblin"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i7 - 7700K | MSI GeForce 1080 | 32 GB RAM | Oculus Rift | JetSeat KW-901 | Logitech/Saitek X56 Rhino | Thrustmaster TFRP

I can't confirm this.

Yesterday I tried it and it gave me a massive loss of FPS in VR with msaa 2x

All my experiences are done NON -VR.

So, I'd say judging performance Settings between VR and NO-VR users makes limited sense.

VR seems to be a totally different story; Settings- and Performance wise

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

All my experiences are done NON -VR.

So, I'd say judging performance Settings between VR and NO-VR users makes limited sense.

VR seems to be a totally different story; Settings- and Performance wise

For sure...VR and Non-VR are totally different, but I think its interesting for people, who flys in VR. So my statement makes sense in my opinion...

DCS-Callsign: "Goblin"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i7 - 7700K | MSI GeForce 1080 | 32 GB RAM | Oculus Rift | JetSeat KW-901 | Logitech/Saitek X56 Rhino | Thrustmaster TFRP

I don't have VR but also still experience FPS loss when using MSAA 2x, and still the same amount (without 50-60, with around 30 FPS, so effectively halved) :(

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

• 3 weeks later...