Queen Tamara Airport - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-24-2016, 08:57 PM   #1
WatchYour6

Smile Queen Tamara Airport

Hi guys! I have always felt that te middle of the Caucasus map has always been so empty because of lack of airports. When I today looked at a real airportmap I saw the little airport Queen Tamara Airport which could be a big game changer in alot of multiplayer games for example operation Blueflag. This airport is also pretty simple so it would not take to much time to add this airpot into the game! Thats why I am suggesting ED to add this airport to the map! What do you other guys think??

WatchYour6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 09:24 PM   #2
Bogey Jammer

It's way too small, jets can't use it. Helos can live without it, they already have FARPS. It would be nice for WW2 scenario though.
The current Caucasus map is not modeled very accurately anyway, I suppose there are many more small airstrips like that missing.
МиГ-23МЛД МиГ-27К МиГ-25 F-14A F/A-18 Mirage III F-4E A6M2 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

Running DCS 1.5.8 until costs of hardware required to run 2.5 smoothly in VR mode drop to a reasonable level.
Bogey Jammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 01:36 AM   #3
Krasniye

I for one would love more small airfields throughout the map It opens doors for certain scenarios and can make it feel much more alive.
Krasniye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 02:13 AM   #4
Yurgon
Campaign Testers

Good catch finding that small airstrip. The airport building looks kinda out of place in that region, though.

I guess DCS could never have too many airports and airstrips, but I'm with Bogey Jammer on this one. The tactical value is very limited. With a runway length of just a tad over 1 km, it's of little use for most DCS jets. And if/when we get the ability to place airstrips like FARPs (which, I believe, will be a feature of the Normandy map, and will hopefully be implemented for all other maps as well), mission makers should be able to improvise such airfields, even if they look more generic that way.

Basically, it would be a nice addition, but my guess is that such a feature would have a very low priority.
Old 05-27-2017, 04:43 PM   #5
WatchYour6

Hi I just wanna update the status about the airport. They have now gotten a asphalt runway which is 4778 ft/ 1456m long which is enough to take a A10 and alot of smaller aircrafts. It can also carry Helicopters as a FARP.

If anybody is still interested at ED to add thisaircraft before next major update I would be really happy for lots of new opertunities!
Old 05-28-2017, 07:35 PM   #6
rajdary

Perfect for the Razbam Av-8B!

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philps 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.
rajdary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 07:52 PM   #7
rogonaut

that would be great maybe when caucasus is being updated.
+1
rogonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 08:25 PM   #8
Buzzles

The Black Sea map is currently modelled on how it was around 1990 iirc.

This is a new airport isn't it?
Buzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 06:20 AM   #9
WatchYour6

Fun to hear the positve thoughts! But Buzzles, its a new airport but that dosent mean they cant add it because we have lots of aircrafts which is still in use today and DCS isnt a era focused sim.
Old 05-29-2017, 06:27 AM   #10
WatchYour6

And if you look closely to the map for Mestia you realise its really empty in that area of the map, its actually like a big hole. I think also as a simulator, DCS should add all airports in the region lastly but I would prefer this airport to be first.

Tags
adding, airport, caucasus, eagle dynamics, map