To Belsimtek and Eagle Dynamics about the UH-1D Huey

DeTesla

Let me just start off by saying:

I would pay real money, again, no regrets, for the Huey to be properly updated.

And i know a lot of people would disagree with this.

The Real Flying Angels..

I love the UH-1D Huey, and I've loved it ever since it got out. I know it costs a lot of money to work on such an intricate simulator like DCS: World, with all its modules, its decades of combined work to make it the most complete, never before seen military flight simulator, and i applaud every developer across the different companies, i thank you greatly for your hard work, as they are the real flying angels of our game-dev generation.

For me, DCS: World in a nutshell..

As a dedicated DCS Huey pilot doing mostly C\SAR and sling loading, I have learned so much in general about the aircraft, from hundreds of hours of flying, the joy I've had is nearly un-measurable, because I finally had the most advanced and complete helicopter simulator ever made, which other flight sims like FSX and X-plane could never do, and I have not touched FSX nor X-plane in quite a few years. I have learned more from DCS than i ever did from the other flight simulators because the "realism" wasn't really there.

The Virtual Reality implementation made all this even better, and I can live with reduced resolution and lack of pixel density because, the amount of situational awareness i, and im sure you too, get from VR is absolutely unprecedented in our time, thinking back a decade or further where people used CRT screens and "pancake" screens.

But, alas..

Even now, several years after its release, it still has a few bugs and knacks around, which never seem to get fixed, due to either complications or issues not known by us, but only the developers.

We have the famous navigation lights which illuminates through solid objects, like the floor of the Huey, illuminating the cockpit.

If you have anti-collision lights as well as position lights set to strobe\flash, you can have a rave party while you're flying, which I am all for, although, during Night-Ops, it can get tedious if you're flying in formation.

The landing light and search light is heavily outdated and it does not look good in any sense. They also does not illuminate far, and in C\SAR, to have searchlights having the ability to properly illuminate an area in which you're searching, is literally invaluable, but for now, this is not possible unless you lower yourself to an altitude too low for C\SAR.

I could go on about every bug till I scrape the bottom of the bucket, but that wont do anyone any good, because I am well aware it has been raised in the past in numerous posts, and I am quite sure Belsimtek knows this very well after many years of feedback.

In Another Timeline..

No, this post is mostly to try to appreciate the developers of Eagle Dynamics and its fellow module-companies, because without them, without their immense and unending work, we would not be here today, and DCS: World would still be a heavily outdated LockOn: Modern Air Combat, but i am quite sure if that were the case, people would still play it till kingdom come. I myself played LockOn back in the day, on my CRT tube-screen on a computer from 2005. Good times indeed.

Now if you still are reading this, I hope that you too will appreciate the time and dedication of all these developers, providing jobs and opportunities more than one developer, because I am in heavy debt to them for the countless hours of fun i've had over the years, and that is why i am willing to pay, again, for the Huey, because it is well worth the money, and it goes to a great team of people who need it to get their morning coffee.

Thank you for reading, hope it wasn't too long.

Norwegian Rotorhead w\ All Helicopters

Watercooled AMD FX-8350 | Geforce 1060 6GB | 16 GiG DDR3 | Warthog Everything w/ pendulum pedals | Rift VR

Watercooled AMD Ryzen 9500X | RTX 3080 12GB | 64 GB DDR4 3600mhz | Warthog Everything w/Pendulum Pedals | Rift VR (CV1)

I agree, the UH-1 is a module I really enjoy, but it has some irritating fixes that are long overdue. We shouldn't have to pay for break-fixes, but I would be very interested in continuing to invest in future helo's, provided I see support for the existing ones... I completely understand its a balancing act of resources, revenue vs maintenance, etc. but the bugs are really over-due for a fix.

I couldn't agree more, unfortunately, those who use this module are the minority.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

+1

Intel Core i7 9700K@4.6GHz|ASUS Strix Z390-H|G.Skill DDR4 32GB@3200MHz|MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti|2xSSD 500GB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 RAID0|SSD Samsung 850 EVO|Corsair HX 750W|Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout|UWQHD 34"|Valve Index|Logitech G9|MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000|VPC WarBRD Base+MongoosT-50CM2 Grip|VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle|VKB T-Rudder|Beyerdynamic DT770|Boom mic|Windows 10 Home

For substantial update, I'd pay money.

Yeah, for a sustantial update. Has to mean new systems / functionality, or even a completely new subtype bundled in.

But for a mere bugfix? Nah. No way.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Most of the old and revered modules show their age and need a good overhaul. Make a Huey 2.0 with the long promised multiplayer, fixed EGT and lights, working AI crew members, visible embarked infantry and a few more goodies and sell at full price. First minute buyer here.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Nope.

I just want h model to be fixed.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

@ DeTesla : Well written.

+1

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

No, I wouldn't buy it again, because I just bought it a month ago. While I've been enjoying the amazing flight model, the number of bugs (particularly the issue with gunners, but also the bugs in the campaign missions with AI helos) have made me hesitant to invest more of my time into a module that has been left to age into disrepair; there's a voice that cautions, "What will the next update break?"

I'd be willing to pay for a decent upgrade. I can't understand as to why ED let all the helicopters lag behind in updates and fixes. They spend so much time and effort in developing highly detailed landscapes, military vehicles, soldiers. supplies etc. etc. yet the only aircraft that can truly appreciate that mammoth task, is the helicopter, your F-18 or F-14 at 450 knots and at 10,000 feet doesn't appreciate it.

Come on guys, this awesome sim needs some serious helicopter improvements and some new heli modules.

I couldn't agree more, unfortunately, those who use this module are the minority.

Sadly, it often seems like a vicious cycle of some problem causing disinterest/frustration in a feature, leading to declining numbers of people still bothering, and then ED not prioritizing it because of the lack of beneficiaries still remaining.

Just look at the online gameplay, going from being in its newsletter 6+ years ago, to nothing, to declining numbers standing the mess that online gameplay was, to "vast majority play SP anyways, so whatever". It took a pretty massive community backlash to finally get dedicated servers out the door.

Huey piloting without working search lights for C/SAR, as in this case, causes disinterest in the module.

The Huey could be a great co-op experience with multi-crew, but it barely seems as if that will ever happen.

It's not a question of brand spanking new features that were never promised, it's a question of maintenance.

Edited by Sephyrius

Of course, helicopter pilots in DCS are a minority.

This is true up to 49% :smilewink:

The real problem is, there is not really a helicopter community in DCS. Nobody knows how many of us are out there.

And when you compare it with the jet jockeys, helicopter pilots do not raise their voices that often. So ED mid be well believed that there is no need in a higher priority for helicopter-related problems.

So ED actual see no benefit or need in releasing our Huey Campaign, for now, more than three months. But there are no real demands (in reasonable numbers) out of the community for 1 Year ?? Or more ??

No additional Campaign for the Gazelle since release at all.

You will see any changes? Get involved!

Always happy landings ;)

Of course, helicopter pilots in DCS are a minority.

This is true up to 49% :smilewink:

The real problem is, there is not really a helicopter community in DCS. Nobody knows how many of us are out there.

And when you compare it with the jet jockeys, helicopter pilots do not raise their voices that often. So ED mid be well believed that there is no need in a higher priority for helicopter-related problems.

So ED actual see no benefit or need in releasing our Huey Campaign, for now, more than three months. But there are no real demands (in reasonable numbers) out of the community for 1 Year ?? Or more ??

No additional Campaign for the Gazelle since release at all.

You will see any changes? Get involved!

But does not that make us helicopter pilots the special kind ?

I am all for more modules and good updates, but if we're a minority, we will be less prioritized than the jet flybois..

Norwegian Rotorhead w\ All Helicopters

Watercooled AMD FX-8350 | Geforce 1060 6GB | 16 GiG DDR3 | Warthog Everything w/ pendulum pedals | Rift VR

Watercooled AMD Ryzen 9500X | RTX 3080 12GB | 64 GB DDR4 3600mhz | Warthog Everything w/Pendulum Pedals | Rift VR (CV1)

Well written DeTesla.

Almost full agreement here. If an update would be at a reasonable price I'd pay for it aswell.

The famous lighting fix is on ED's side of things, coz it affects the whole thing in general.

An update for the Huey itself would be worth some money. Some money! Imho it should deal with the things arleady mentioned here plus a position lights bright/dim fix.

For skinners a revamped template with better mapping would be nice.

Most of the old and revered modules show their age and need a good overhaul. Make a Huey 2.0 with the long promised multiplayer, fixed EGT and lights, working AI crew members, visible embarked infantry and a few more goodies and sell at full price. First minute buyer here.

What? No! Those are things that were promised for the Huey we have now! They were either never delivered or quickly broken. And you’d be ok with them not delivering, but charging full price again with the promise to deliver next time?! How very Russian of them, and you!

But for a mere bugfix? Nah. No way.

Precisely. They’re still selling it full price and it was already bugged to hell by the time I bought it. They’re not extorting another dime from me.

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...