[USER ERROR] F 16 Datalink does not reflect AWACS data

r0tary

Hey guys,

I have just literally finished F 16 lessons and I am a complete newbie.

It is weird but in some missions HSD does not show awacs's data although I could see there is at least one AWACS in the mission.

I do start up according to tutorials available online and I do let INS alignment reaches the RDY level before I move the jet. Then I set it to NAV take off and yet there are no AWACS data relay.

Now here is the interesting point:

When I fly missions from Instant Action, AWACS input data is available on HSD but when I try Campaigns or Single Missions, it wont work.

Am I doing something wrong? DCS is 2.5.6 with the latest updated.

Waiting till INS RDY isnt often enough. Bring it down all the way to the 10/6 depending on the alignment method you use

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

Thanks for the responses guys.

@Bunny Clark yes I have set MIDS LVT to on.

@dundun92 mine guys even down to 6 and yet nothing happens in the HSD.

I forgot to also mention that Steer Points also do not show, the ETA to next STPT or anything.

I just have to manually change to the next STPT and yet it never shows the steer point cue on the hud or the ETA.

One thing it could be is if you start aligning your INS and you rearm/repair before it finishes, it'll fail to align. so you have to either align before arming up or rearm and than align your INS. also on your HSD page there's a label "XMT OFF" if you push the OSB next to that it'll change to "XMT L16". not 100% sure that has anything to do with the Link16 (still learning myself) but my be of help.

Ok I just came across Matt's video saying that in the first 2 minutes if INS Alignment we need to confirm LAT and Long by pressing Enter on them and making sure they are accurate.

All sorted, sorry about this.

Ok I just came across Matt's video saying that in the first 2 minutes if INS Alignment we need to confirm LAT and Long by pressing Enter on them and making sure they are accurate.

All sorted, sorry about this.

Been said many times before, but don't be afraid to ask a question thinking it's stupid, very likely someone else is having that same issue and hasn't asked yet. In this case me ;)

Just a quick one - this thread helped a lot.

And for those reading this and getting the answer - you may well find yourself to the same point as me right now-

i checked with LAT and LONG and thought "ah.. the last digit on the LAT is off - ill just set that to the correct value......oh... i cant..."

26.53.09 (i think for kesab on persian gulf) ...

for some reason - 26 changed itself to 65 or some weird **** like that... and 09 kept changing to 9

so i ended up with 65.53.9 or something daft like that.

it will be me. i know it. but im scratching my head at the moment.

edit: as a guess.. would i have to put "026 - 53 - 09" ?

Edited by cptmrcalm

There's a bug where you enter XXXXXX2 and it will display XXXXXX1 (or similarly one smallest digit less), ignore it. If you fix something which is one off and it keeps going back it doesn't mean that you can't edit it. Try a completely different number to really see if it is or is not changeable.

Latitude is always an 8-key affair e.g. 2-4-1-2-3-4-5-6 for N 41°23.456'.

Longitude is always an 9-key affair e.g. 4-0-0-1-2-3-4-5-6 for W 1° 23.456'.

N S E W correspond to the 2 8 6 4 keys.