A4 Skyhawk - Haiphong Harbour Campaign Videos

I'd love to see a similar series on the Su-25A (not the T), as it is an old-school airframe somewhat reminiscent of a land-based A-4. It is a fun aircraft but with few YT videos on it. :thumbup:

Greetings.

Yes, I was thinking that might be a good choice. Another one of the "underloved" modules in DCS :)

I reckon your approach would suit some desert storm Hog videos on PG.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

To be honest the C is more fun, but given the historical aspect of your videos the A would be a good choice.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

To be honest the C is more fun, but given the historical aspect of your videos the A would be a good choice.

Yeah. The c is a lot more fun.

I was actually thinking of some harrier missions for Desert Storm. The marines flew them. Found a book on it. Going to take a look. I think the DCS version of the AV8 may be a bit later than Desert Storm. But hopefully we can work around that.

Thoughts?

Weasel Gone Wild

Here's the latest chapter in the Haiphong Harbour series. Just when you thought it was safe to go back to the harbour, the enemy has a surprise in store for our hero! I wonder how it will end ;)

As always - spread the word if you are enjoying these. I appreciate all the support and feedback.

Thanks for the feedback. Really happy to hear that you find them interesting AND helpful.

I haven't made releasable versions of the missions yet. I am planning to do that soon. I wanted to make sure that they were something folks would be interested in, first

Edited by sidekick65

Decoys at Dusk

The latest installment in the continuing story in which our hero takes on another SAM site - but this time with a bit of help from his friends.

Please enjoy and let me know what you think.

Any thoughts on where the story should go next?

Skyhawk Tips and Tricks Part 3

Here's another of the "Tips and Tricks" videos. This one covers topics like rocket attacks, wild weaseling and use of the AGM-45 Shrike.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions that would make these better.

If you are enjoying them please think about liking them or subscribing to the channel.

I appreciate the support

Sidekick,

You have one of the more impressive radio voices/speaking abilities(no umm or pauses) that I have heard associated with DCS. What, may I ask, is your profession?

You also appear to have a large knowledge base regarding the A-4 and ground attack techniques. Were you, or are you, a military pilot?

Love your videos and missions. Please make more.

Sidekick,

You have one of the more impressive radio voices/speaking abilities(no umm or pauses) that I have heard associated with DCS. What, may I ask, is your profession?

You also appear to have a large knowledge base regarding the A-4 and ground attack techniques. Were you, or are you, a military pilot?

Love your videos and missions. Please make more.

Thanks so much for the feedback. I do try to make the narration clean and easy to follow. I am not, and never have been, a military pilot - although I thought about it when I was younger. I was a reservist (in the artillery) for more than 10 years when I was in university. But that was almost 30 years ago.

As far as profession goes - I have done a few things in my career. The most interesting of which was working for and then running a small company that worked on the space shuttle and International Space Station. As part of this work, I did spend a bit of time working in Mission Control - I guess that and the military background mean that I have some working knowledge of voice procedure and things like that.

Since you ask, if you would like to know more - I actually have a podcast about working in space. I am in the process of converting the podcast episodes to videos - you can find them on my YouTube channel along with the DCS videos. Here is the latest one.

(Sorry for the non-DCS post!)

... (Sorry for the non-DCS post!)

Nothing to be sorry about, I enjoy getting to know the background of those DCS Users that give back to the Community :thumbup:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Skyhawk Video - The Bait Bites Back

Here's the next video in the A-4 Series.

This time we are playing decoy during an Iron Hand mission. Check it out to see how we do dodging missiles.

BTW - if you are enjoying these videos, please subscribe to the channel.

As always feedback is welcome.

... Just like Beggar's Canyon back home (tell me someone gets that reference :helpsmilie:)

I’m not much of a Star War fan, so I actually didn’t knew about it until I googled it :)

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Beggar%27s_Canyon

Nice video, I’ve been having a lot of fun with your missions, I hope you will get to publish all of them :thumbup:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Nice video, I’ve been having a lot of fun with your missions, I hope you will get to publish all of them :thumbup:

Well, with a bit of help from dedicated play testers we are getting there. The second mission is taking a bit of time to fine tune, I think they will go faster after that.

Mission Files

All, I am working my way through the missions in this series and turning them into playable missions. The first two are available here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3311637/

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3311399/

If you haven't found it already there is a mission thread as well - here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=281393

where you can post your results or have discussion.

Thanks

Go Get Yourself a Convoy!

... and now for something completely different

... but much the same

[Yet another "Dad" cultural reference - hands up who got it?]

Here is a video of guest pilot Rudel_chw flying the convoy mission during playtest

The mission is posted here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3311719/

Go check it out.