I9-10900F

Hi all

Intel Core i9-10900F 2.8GHz / 5.2GHz, 20 is this a good processor for dcs?

Should imagine so, looks like the 10900F is the same as the 10800K minus the onboard IntelHD graphics, quote:

"Introducing the all new 10th Generation Intel Core i9 10900F processor, 10th Gen Intel® Core™ “KF” and “F” SKU desktop processors are built for gamers and creators with the same 10th gen innovations, specifications, and performance, but without processor graphics features. As a result, they can deliver added value when CPU performance is the top priority. With an optimal balance of frequency, cores and threads, optional advanced tuning support7, and blazing connectivity, 10th Gen Intel® Core™ processors supercharge desktops for competitive and premium performance. Processors with a “KF” in their processor number also offer overclocking capabilities."

Thanks you mustang!

I just build a new pc not yet finished but i run it now with my old GTX 970 also op upgrade it from 16 gb ram to 32 gb

possible next month a new gpu. But when i play dcs now it seems the response is little bit slow.

Just tought i check it here before my warranty expired and i can change it.

1TB Samsung evo 860 ssd MSI Z490

Intel® Core I9-10900F

32GB RAM MSI Geforce GTX 970

Intel Core i9-10900F 2.8GHz / 5.2GHz, 20 is this a good processor for dcs?

If you are having problems with that CPU maybe you are hitting thermal throttling because of poor cooling.

Anyway: that low base core clock frequency won´t help you either.

Get a full K processor (or KF, but not one without the K suffix).

10600K / 10700K / 10850K / 10900K.... Those ones are the real performers on gaming.

Or maybe you are triggering some graphic option that hit your performance in a big way.

Thank you for the reply.

The cooling is not the problem temperature won’t get over 29,8c.

I think the problem is the 2.8ghz it can boost to 5,2 but my old i5-4460 3.20Ghz and had no problems with it. tomorrow I will change it for the k or for a i7.

Intel® Core I9-10900F

Well I returned the i9-10900F with out any problems. To be sure I order the good one Intel® Core i9-10900K, 3,7 GHz (5,3 GHz Turbo boost) socket 1200 processor will dcs and other games run on it?

Intel® Core I9-10900F

I doubt its worth the investment. The Core speed is just over the 9900K and you can't even come close to maxing that chip out yet.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Well I returned the i9-10900F with out any problems. To be sure I order the good one Intel® Core i9-10900K, 3,7 GHz (5,3 GHz Turbo boost) socket 1200 processor will dcs and other games run on it?

Paired with a very good and beefy cooler (maybe a custom liquid one) it will be awsome.

But the cooling thing is a necesity.

Good PSU, Mobo, etc: needless to say

It will be cool to know your differences between that 10900F and the 10900K. Just let us know.

Edited by Leaderface

First all thank you for your help I’m totale noob when it comes to hardware.

Mostly when it is summer I don’t get near to my room haha. normally it’s a round 16-20 Celsius.but if you recommend a other processor i will look in into so lang it fits on the 1200 socket.

Intel® Core I9-10900F

That 10900K processor consume and waste heat, but, if you can afford it, there is no better CPU right now.

Good Price/performance for DCS on Intel side: 10600K or a good offer on 10700K are the ones that most people should buy. (Normal offerings with good performance and average thermals).

But 10900K will maintain higher boost clocks for longer times. You only want to allow it with a good cooler.

No other CPU will give you more DCS power right now and, as seen on those videos, is the only CPU that allows you to manipulate per core hyperthreating and a couple of tricks more.

It does that at a cost (energy and heat), but if you can manage that, you will be at the top of the chain food.

You can´t generate any heating problems just playing DCS. You will be fine. That´s only with synthetic benchmarks.

I´ll recomend you a good Mobo (and PSU too) to power that CPU (with good power delivery like the Z490s Gigabyte ones for example)..... And a good thermal paste.

And you will rock, Man!

Edited by Leaderface

The only way I could get my 9900KF to 5.1Ghz was to go the direct to die cooling (delided) route.

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir