[DCS ISSUE] Padlock Cancel Function still have POV stuck

Pally

Hi ED, Heatblur, and everyone:

The padlock cancel function issue is re-formatted below into easier to read bullet points. Longer description follows.

Bug: Padlock Cancel function not actually cancelling padlocking, OR it does perform the cancel padlock function but kept field-of-view locked in place. This occurred whenever tracking a target that went pass the normal point-of-view (my experience was especially so when a target passes behind me, pass the pilot seat) and enter the "blindspot".

Can I reproduce it 100%: yes (100% of the time)

How to reproduce/ description:

Step 1: Find target, padlock target, and pass it head-on (quickest way to have it pass to your six o'clock and set up the reproduction of the problem).

Step 2: Proceed to maneuver in such a way so that the target will fly into your blindspot, ex: behind the headrest of pilot seat.

Step 3: Upon target either at near extreme FOV of your blindspot, or when it actually passes into your blindspot, use padlock cancel command to attempt to un-padlock function.

Result: The padlock cancel will appear to have un-padlock and freed the POV to swivel or move head around; however, it actually still somehow kept the FOV locked into last known location of target. In essence, it appeared the FOV is "stuck" at looking at that particular spot in the sky where the target was last seen before passing into the blindspot.

DCS Version: OpenBeta DCS 2.5.5.41962 <<<<is not updating to 2.5.6xxx the culprit??

System Specs:

CPU: Intel i7 9700K @ stable 4.9G

GPU: EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra (90% Power and 78F max temp allowance)

RAM: GSkill DDR4 3200 @ 16G x 2 sticks @ XMP (stable, never crashed)

SSD: Samsung M.2 512G

Peripherals:

Joystick: Virpil Constellation Alpha; Virpil T-50 CM2 Gimbal; Logitech X56 Flight stick unit (X56 stick axis is unbinded for flight, however it is binded for RIO and HCU function).

Throttle: Logitech X56 throttle unit

Pedals: Logitech pedal unit

Panel: Dell Monitor

Mission File: *will upload*

Log: *not available because it never crash game*

Track: *will try to procure one*

Video/ Screenshots: *will try to create one* Perhaps it is much quicker, however, to reproduce the issue by doing above Step 1 to 3 in any given 1 v 1 head-on pass with target padlocked.

Mods: *no mods, only aircraft skins; no front seat LATIRN mod nor any other graphical/resolution mods*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had most recently encountered a padlock cancel function problem. The padlock can track, but the padlock cancel function could not reliably cancel the tracking; specifically, when the target crosses behind the pilot seat. If I activate padlock cancel after the crossing over to blindspots, I am left hopelessly to ever try to move my POV for the duration of the fight. Once in awhile the POV will be freed, but most of the time (I tested in Nevada map, flew F-14 vs Su-27, later, against MiG-29, for about half a day's worth of time) my POV is really stuck good looking at its "last known location".

In greater details:

The view will get stuck in what appeared to be continuously tracking a particular patch of sky even after the function "padlock cancel" was repeatedly used. This issue only happens if the bandit/target has left the proper field of view. It really happens, though, whenever the tracked target is gone into a hard to track angle, and I deactivate padlock using padlock cancel function in attempt to maneuver and to continue tracking the target by mouse look, and or arrow keys.

The issue came about after I padlocked a target successfully (such as a head-on pass), and as we both turn into each other, the bandit would pass momentarily into my "blindspots" and rendered it understandably untrackable. That aspect was alright because otherwise it would be a cheat. I kept the right going with unpadlocking (padlock cancel function, in game) the target, and attempt to move the view with the usual arrow keys so as to better track its next position as I go about my turn into his tail (in a two circle flow). To no avail, however, that my poor head appeared to be still very stuck staring at that last known location where target had passed to my blindspot (ex: the pilot seat) and remained stuck there with no way to break free from it.

Yes, the glance cockpit function work, but only momentarily as it did not free my head completely (as if the padlock cancel function was not truly working). I had in multiple times use the padlock cancel function, but it still did not free my head from being stuck. Lastl, I have remap the keys to non-numpad keys for thinking it could be a simple hardware problem. Nope, after many tries, I am stuck (quite literally and figuratively).

I am currently still on Open Beta 2.55, and not on 2.56. Could that be the sole source of this problem? Is there is something I am doing wrong? The only solution I came up with (you will laugh, as it is a costly bandaid) was to confine myself to only fight a one-circle flow as it keeps the target within a 180 degrees arc, and never have to crosses into my blindspot (opposite to the two-circle flow where the target may disappeared momentarily). That was the only solution to this headlocking issue. It doesn't help, though if I want to do a two-circle fight.

Well, that was the extend of it. Had anyone encountered or heard of this issue? I plan to move on to VR with HP Reverb G2 later, but perhaps this small glitch (if indeed it is) could be examined for a possible solution? I still fought in it, but loosing track of the bandit is pretty nerve wrecking.

Thanks DCS, Heatblur, and everyone who would consider helping out.:helpsmilie:

Edited by IronMike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Pally, if the issue still persists, it is best to contact ED directly, we finally checked an all we do is implement the padlock keybinds, everything else is ED side.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/