Can’t spot tank- tgp mission

Have tried this mission 5-6 times with same result, keep getting stuck on the 5th target. The voiceover says it’s a tank proceeding south to north on the western perimeter main road, which if I understand the briefing correctly, the same road target #4 also a tank was on, therefore I’m easily able to identify the road. However I’ve spent 3-4 hours combined orbiting above 25000 feet and cannot id the tank. Have tried a few low passes as well to id or atleast draw fire so I know it exists, but that only gets you absolutely lit up by sa. Mission debrief shows a bmp spawned at the right time and it takes out a few hmmwv’s so just wondering if I’m wrong or is it spawning in the wrong location?

• Like 1

Have tried this mission 5-6 times with same result, keep getting stuck on the 5th target. The voiceover says it’s a tank proceeding south to north on the western perimeter main road, which if I understand the briefing correctly, the same road target #4 also a tank was on, therefore I’m easily able to identify the road. However I’ve spent 3-4 hours combined orbiting above 25000 feet and cannot id the tank. Have tried a few low passes as well to id or atleast draw fire so I know it exists, but that only gets you absolutely lit up by sa. Mission debrief shows a bmp spawned at the right time and it takes out a few hmmwv’s so just wondering if I’m wrong or is it spawning in the wrong location?

SPOILER ALERT : ATTACHED IMAGE SHOWS LOCATION OF A TARGET MISSION 9

Hi, Thanks for that, comment below. I am glad you raised the query though as there is a school boy error on the aerial photo. The west and east titles are on the wrong side :doh: I will get it corrected.

The West and East perimeter roads are pointed out in the aerial photo within the brief. I think you are referring to the 4th target not the 5th. This is a tank on the west road going south to north. It is the hardest to spot. I attach an image showing its location and movement.

SPOILER ALERT : ATTACHED IMAGE SHOWS LOCATION OF A TARGET MISSION 9

1771904408_Locationof4thtargetMission9SH2.thumb.jpg.bbb13f1304011233b20976d73e03e01e.jpg

Edited by Glyn

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

in the briefing photo you have east and west swapped

[ATTACH]244152[/ATTACH]

at lest the voice calls form Kutaisi know there east form west

Yep already spotted that deliberate mistake :doh: already corrected and issued.

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.