2.1 Cockpit lights

Pheonix0869

Seems there are some weird boxes being generated around the cockpit lights with the new lighting in 2.1. It is especially noticeable around the auto pilot indicators and altitude alarm. Anyway, I'm sure you guys are aware of this, but communication leads to greater SA! Cheers!

Can you show me a screenshot of the boxes? :)

Note that the cockpit lights will be tremendously too powerful with deferred shading in 2.1 turned off. This is because all of the lights were adjusted to strengthen them for 2.1; but that means that if you turn of deferred shading, they will be far too bright.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Here are my screenshots of the warning and AP lights as well as the radar display.

Warning lights (does this for both):

Screen_170529_002546_zpsnuwvxzkz.jpg~original

Autopilot lights. Also note the ADI is improperly lit up.:

Screen_170529_002647_zpskbm7on5q.jpg~original

And the radar (pay attention to the glare in the center and not the red circles, which are for something else):

Screen_170529_003412_zpso5aobgo1.jpg~original

Can you show me a screenshot of the boxes? :)

Note that the cockpit lights will be tremendously too powerful with deferred shading in 2.1 turned off. This is because all of the lights were adjusted to strengthen them for 2.1; but that means that if you turn of deferred shading, they will be far too bright.

So then are you only going to produce shaders that look correct in deferred?

I hope that is not the case beings deferred rendering is a user configurable option.

So then are you only going to produce shaders that look correct in deferred?

I hope that is not the case beings deferred rendering is a user configurable option.

Yes.

I don't agree with the design decision to keep deferred lighting as an option, however it is out of my hands.

It is possible that it is a temporary option until all deferred PBR lighting issues are resolved.

As artists, we can chose to optimise for one or the other.

We don't have the ability to cater to both (it's not a manpower thing, it's just we have no way of using different artwork whether the engine is running in deferred lighting mode or not).

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Yes.

I don't agree with the design decision to keep deferred lighting as an option, however it is out of my hands.

It is possible that it is a temporary option until all deferred PBR lighting issues are resolved.

As artists, we can chose to optimise for one or the other.

We don't have the ability to cater to both (it's not a manpower thing, it's just we have no way of using different artwork whether the engine is running in deferred lighting mode or not).

Yeah the pre-processor macros for the shaders exist and make that part easy.

Sadly the rest of the system doesn't appear to be setup so that its aware of the different modes. Anything related to textures has no concept.