tip for people who get motion sickness

jozeff

Hello vr friends,

Love the Huey in vr! Unfortunately I get sick real quick and therefore I never visit theme parks/rollercoaster etc.

At first there wasn't a problem but suddenly while playing half life 2 with vorpx in vr I got really sick and since then my stomach started spinning as soon as I managed to hover the Huey in Dcs!

But..........now I eat about 3 to 4 grams of ginger before attaching the rift to my head and voila! No more problems. Make sure to chew the ginger so that the juice enters your stomach.

Will not work for everyone, as most thing don't but it's worth a try.

Beer helps ;p My motion sickness lasted about 3 weeks, took a break whenever I got the feeling. Eventually you will need less breaks and then the motion sickness will disappear.

-----------------------------------------------------

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But guys,

Dont eat too much ginger because it can cause diarrhea, heartburn, stomach pain, and it dilutes your blood which isnt necessarily bad but be aware of that.

Wanted to add that

Dilutes blood? What dost thou mean by this? Increases plasma volume? Decreases hemoglobin?

Dilutes blood? What dost thou mean by this? Increases plasma volume? Decreases hemoglobin?

Good question, I assume he means it works as a blood thinner ie. a drug used to prevent the formation of blood clots by hindering coagulation of the blood. I have not heard if the mechanism of action (or even effectivity) has been proved yet but some studies suggest it may be an antiplatelet rather than an anticoagulant.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

Buttkicker Gamer, actually. I find VR gets uncomfortable and unsettling very quickly without tactile feedback. However, with the Buttkicker engaged I can play for hours without any problem at all.

I'm sure it's a more expensive solution than you're looking for ;) but it really completes the VR experience!

Buttkicker Gamer, actually. I find VR gets uncomfortable and unsettling very quickly without tactile feedback. However, with the Buttkicker engaged I can play for hours without any problem at all.

I'm sure it's a more expensive solution than you're looking for ;) but it really completes the VR experience!

This or the Jetseat. https://www.gametrix.eu/products/gametrix-kw-901-jetseat-livesense. This thing adds huge immersion to VR and helps your brain reconcile the experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beer helps ;p My motion sickness lasted about 3 weeks, took a break whenever I got the feeling. Eventually you will need less breaks and then the motion sickness will disappear.

definitly, it will be time for me to move from opentrack to VR . guy your word will make me jump the step

:megalol::megalol::megalol:

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

So, I'd think the BK + a Jetseat is the way to go... Use the BK for the supper low freq vibrations and the JS to catch everything else... Or can both not be used at once?

What does the JS offer that the BK doesn't already offer?

The JS has motors placed throughout that give a sense of laterality. For example, there is a distinct difference in feeling between the left and right engine spool ups in the A10. Also, the software afaik, uses data other than sound- so you feel each bump in the taxiway concrete discretely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk