TEW # 12:Prisoners

GazAce

Hey good Pilots,

I'm having some difficulty with mission 12 prisoners, Enemy Within. It's a night mission where you fly on your own and work with a Spec Ops crew and JTAC (well supposedly) The mission states that your supposed to anchor at WP 2 and wait for coordinates to come from JTAC for AAA locations, that never happens. Well I've flown this darn thing 20 times and never been contacted yet. Basically you have to clear a road block south of the main area where the prisoners are being held and once that's done, Spec Ops crew are able to storm the building and rescue the prisoners. Then after that your supposed to take out the AAA sites so a Rotor can come in and transport the prisoners out of the area. It's a great little mission but I think it's floored because I've done all that and still no orders to RTB or mission complete. I've also waited and flown around WP 2 for ages waiting for those coordinates to come early on in the mission but like I mentioned that doesn't happen either. I'm pretty stumped and not really sure what's going on with this one. I may have missed something but not sure what it is. The only options your given are to send in the Ops team to storm the building at your discretion and also to call in for the air support to pick up the prisoners after you take out the AAA's. Oh, and your also requested to be careful not to take out the building where the prisoners are being held for obvious reasons. And there's also a small road convoy with a AAA on the back of a truck thrown in for good measure. So if anyone can recall how they got through it or has just completed it, I would appreciate if you could let me know. Cheers, G

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Hey GazAce!

Just checked the briefings, it actually says that you should contact the JTAC yourself when you anchor at WP 2 (via the normal JTAC menu), he will point you towards the AAA. Then you should destroy the roadblock and once the LZ is more or less clear send Anvil into the zone.

In order to be able to send Anvil in you have to wait for the Blackhawk to deliver the Delta team to Anvilvehicles.

Then when Anvil approach the AO, the special forces should enter the building. Then you have to wait for some time until the find the prisoners and liberate them. You will get a message that they are ready and waiting for the chopper, clear Uzi to land. Then the commandos will exit the building and board the helo. You get the "you may depart" message when the helicopter with the prisoners is more or less south of Dzhvari.

Just played it myself and all worked as intended. Only had JTAC trouble at remarks points, but I already had eyes on target, so there was no issue.

Hope it helps!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Thanks BD, appreciate that mate but when you say "already had eyes on target" do you mean the AAAs or the Road Block cause I'm now confused which I should take out first. I was initially bombing the road block then taking out the AAAs. And I think where my problem is, is my timing on when to send in the two different teams. Soon as I get to WP 2 I'm given an option to send in the first team then not long after another message to send in the other one. And I don't get any JTAC option at all, not seeing it. I'll give it another go tonight when I get home. This one is taxing my life force lol

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Make sure to follow the flight path correctly (this is important for all my campaigns). You should hear a message from Pointer that he is on station and this is when the JTAC becomes available. When you reach WP 2 get into orbit and contact JTAC, take out the AAA. Then he will give you another target, the roadblock. Only after it is killed you should send in Anvil (the APCs) - otherwise they will get decimated at the roadblock.

Hope this helps!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

WOW! I just discovered something!! But firstly thank you BD for being patient with me and for those tips but guess what. I was looking at my Game Play Options menu and I noticed I had 'Easy Communication' ticked (ok call me lazy) but check it out.. when I UNTICKED it... JTAC became available in my Radio Menu! Whereas before it wasn't there, that's what I've been so freaked out about! When I got to WP 2 I had no option available to contact JTAC. So I was just flying around waiting and nothing was happening. I just noticed it now as I was doing my Ramp Start at the beginning of the mission and also there's heaps of options in my Radio Menu that are available and it looks different, although I do have Radio Assist box ticked. This is one of the many reasons why I love DCS and the A-10C cause you never stop learning and every day something new and cool pops up. Thanks again BD, now to search and destroy! :-)

WP creation from coordinates is important

Haha, I am surprised you got this far with easy comms set to ON. Though you probably missed some of the VOs from previous missions and did not experience them fully. Anyway, glad it is solved!

Yea all cool but now I'm paused while I dive into a crash course to re visit Bunyaps On The Range WP creation from coordinates haha. Man I've so got to learn this stuff so I can do it on the fly. It'll take a few goes I reckon but once I get it, it'll be sweet, cheers BD :thumbup:

P.S what are VOs?

Man this is #%£€!' awesome! I've just taken out the SAMs by using JTAC coordinates, never done that before. I now definitely have no life and I love it. :-)

...and I learnt a valuable lesson, when your ahead and all done.. get outta Dodge! Lol I got cocky and tried to go after the SAM site to the West and got vaporised haha got too greedy. I got my number on this mission for tomorrow tho :-)

Good stuff! Way different then Multiplayer. Multi is fun though as well,, just not as immersed, but,, you fly up with other humans,,,, good stuff all the way around!

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Yea I know, it sounds fantastic but I think I'm too old for that caper man. I wouldn't be able to keep up. Hey it's all good, I enjoy my single player campaign missions. I have a friend who's always bustin my chops to go on line in that Tom Clancys Wildlands but I tell him I'm having too much fun in DCS in my Hawg, this is where it's at for me and I'm still very much enjoying the learning curve, that's part of the fun :-)

What ever floats your boat! I found the missions more difficult compared to Multiplayer. You have objectives and certain ways to accomplish them. Online you can do as you please pretty much, Loiter for a bit to collect yourself, and be selective

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle