DCS SA342 Gazelle Project

Pat01

Your version of DCS is outdated. You need to update it and install module then.

Tricky thing that "Manual Updater"...Saw I needed to Cap DCS_Updater.exe

All good now...Thanks Billy I thought it was all the way updated...

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, sim is not real, but maybe real is sim))

Elon Musk seems to think so. :D

Who am I to argue.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

..will bee modelled crashed roter?

Cklpp3GWkAAGC2p.jpg.7143d54eb327401391c57aa314fbe57a.jpg

5b4702ce-bc0c-4078-bc68-38bd4caa84f8-696x464.jpg.9d3998afe19e126323353c7dde74a5ec.jpg

по земле скучно ходить...

вот по этому и летаем🙂

* MSI Z790 TOMAHAWK * i7-13700KF * Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti 8GB *

* G.SKILL Trident z5 DDR5 6000Мгц * M2 SSD 1TB * Arctic LF ll 280 *

• 1 month later...
Never had any major problems with the Ka-50's vikhrs at night. Requires manual target tracking unless illumination rockets/flares are used, but otherwise it's fine. But that does raise a question, does our upcoming model of the Gazelle have FLIR?

Regarding the AH-6, do you have documents for an AH-6 or an MH-6 (or MD500 for that matter)? Just curious, might explain the lack of explanation for the hellfires. That little chopper has been around forever and has a fair number of variants with wildly different capabilities.

(re: Message #896)

I have no problem killing tanks or any gv's at night, pitch-black dark using the Ka-50. I use Toby's Green Screen Shkval mod, but the default black and white Shkval works just as good. Only gripe I have with the Shark is too much glare on the HUD using night vision goggles. But finding and killing the tanks is all in using the Shkval and Manual mode.

104th Phoenix server night ops are especially very dark lately.

Just purchased this Gazelle module to see how she flies.

Years ago played Microprose's "Gunship" title that was much fun, though it was not Multiplayer. Still have a copy of it, ran it on my Commodore 64, 1986 copyright date. I thought the copter was fairly well thought out for the limitation of the computer technology at the time. Still have my C-64. Still works, too!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can you tell us a bit about the concept of how the sniperteam will be implemented, used and controlled?

It´s an exotic unit in the DCS environment

I'm very curious to learn more about how this will work as well

I know, sim is not real, but maybe real is sim))

Ever flown a real life Gazelle? Well, the Testpilots that tested the FM did, some people here did, and the general consent is, with the tiny tweaks they put to the FM it is pretty darn accurate to the real thing.

What is “difficult“ for some, is to get used to the stability augmentation system, a "chunk of camera, laser and IR" on top of the cabin and the fenestron as it is different from a tailrotor, like in the Huey.

Things that help with this, at least for me. Long stick and tiny movements (you already have that), precise pedals with no, or as less tension, as possible.

And the Simshaker sound module with basspumps/bodyshakers attached to my seat, so I can feel VRS or Translational lift transition and even changing forces on the blades building up, before they show through cockpit shake!

Another thing I learned with the Gazelle, as stated in the manual, if you have a normal (non FFB) stick, use the trim hat and do NOT trim with the magnetic brake.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. You know this image is from very early stage of this bird.

What I wonder is that if we will able to open/close those charts, on main panel. :)

Thank you.

attachment.php?attachmentid=71742&d=1349806741

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 1 month later...
Hi Guys and Gals. Have i missed the boat here, May i ask what you mean by Freeware? Is this by Polychop or another Author?

It started out as a freeware project but it has become a payed module. I think they could not change the name of the thread, so thats why it is still in the title.

• 3 months later...