PointCTRL - Finger Mounted VR Controller

Got the FCU and HMS installed. No issues with the installation. The double-stick tape is some SERIOUS stuff. It installed just fine with no issues. As luck would have it, I had to fiddle around with P5K+ for PiTool to recognize the HMD. Realized windows update was happening in the background and rebooted.

Came back fine, and did a quick test with the mouse and it worked as advertised. However, my HMD and the FCU was fighting each other. I have to learn how to hold my head still. Will work with MilesD for advice on how best to set it up in DCS.

I couldn't test much today because I spent the whole day building my CNC enclosure and two wasteboards. So by the time i got started with the PointCTRL, I ran out of time.

I promise to have a detailed review in the next few days.

Hansang

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Came back fine, and did a quick test with the mouse and it worked as advertised. However, my HMD and the FCU was fighting each other. I have to learn how to hold my head still. Will work with MilesD for advice on how best to set it up in DCS.

I promise to have a detailed review in the next few days.

Hansang

Hey Hansang,

If you were checking it out with 2D Menus the HMS and FCU will feel like they are fighting each other. That goes away when you enter the cockpit. When you are in the cockpit and rotate your head left without moving the FCU the cursor moves to the right with the rest of the cockpit, just like it should. You are correct though, you do have to hold your head still while in a 2d Menu. If the HMS was not calibrated it will feel the same way in the cockpit. I am almost done the calibration instructions.

How did the Pimax mount work out?

Talk to you soon

Miles

Now shipping up to website Pre-Order Form date 2022/06/01

Pre-Order  Form Submission https://pointctrl.com/preorder-form/

PointCTRL Support Discord https://discord.gg/jH5FktJ

PintCTRL Website https://pointctrl.com/

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

When you really need something tested - Go Marine Recon!

Ladies and Gents, get set to have your immersion level go ballistic! Yes, I am Tester 1.. Yes, I broke the FCU housing. No, it wasn't the FCU's fault! lol

The PointCTRL experience is AWESOME! Most of the items I have worked on are very minor and aren't related to the HMS and FCU build quality, tech, or operation. Mostly we have worked on how to get everyone to understand what to do, when, and how. Hence the instructions coming out and being added to. Once the correct operating environment is in place, calibrating and using PointCTRL is very simple. It, like anything, takes a bit of getting used to but it really is amazing. You are going to love it! One MAJOR thing we found is that you HAVE to have the "Use Mouse" box checked in the Settings VR tab. So if you are like me and used the cursor locked to the middle of your VR view, then looked at the switch you wanted to select, then pushed a mapped mouse button to select that item... well, not gonna be able/have to do that anymore. Yes, I found that out, hold your applause til the end, please! lol

I have been using the Huey mainly as I get to know PointCTRL. Instead of mapping switches and dials, etc - Now, I reach up to the overhead panel and turn the lighting dial up or down just by twisting my hand. I can glance over at the rocket control panel on my extreme left side and adjust how many rockets to fire at once. Flipping switches that usually I would have to twist to look at before are done just like in real life. I fly Real Life helo's and can tell you, Miles' little gem makes it really FEEL real!

Watching PointCTRL come to life and to the market has been very interesting. I know everyone is chomping at the bit. Well, it is coming NOW! It has REALLY been worth the wait, I promise!! you!!!

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

When you really need something tested - Go Marine Recon!

Ladies and Gents, get set to have your immersion level go ballistic! Yes, I am Tester 1.. Yes, I broke the FCU housing. No, it wasn't the FCU's fault! lol

The PointCTRL experience is AWESOME! Most of the items I have worked on are very minor and aren't related to the HMS and FCU build quality, tech, or operation. Mostly we have worked on how to get everyone to understand what to do, when, and how. Hence the instructions coming out and being added to. Once the correct operating environment is in place, calibrating and using PointCTRL is very simple. It, like anything, takes a bit of getting used to but it really is amazing. You are going to love it! One MAJOR thing we found is that you HAVE to have the "Use Mouse" box checked in the Settings VR tab. So if you are like me and used the cursor locked to the middle of your VR view, then looked at the switch you wanted to select, then pushed a mapped mouse button to select that item... well, not gonna be able/have to do that anymore. Yes, I found that out, hold your applause til the end, please! lol

I have been using the Huey mainly as I get to know PointCTRL. Instead of mapping switches and dials, etc - Now, I reach up to the overhead panel and turn the lighting dial up or down just by twisting my hand. I can glance over at the rocket control panel on my extreme left side and adjust how many rockets to fire at once. Flipping switches that usually I would have to twist to look at before are done just like in real life. I fly Real Life helo's and can tell you, Miles' little gem makes it really FEEL real!

Watching PointCTRL come to life and to the market has been very interesting. I know everyone is chomping at the bit. Well, it is coming NOW! It has REALLY been worth the wait, I promise!! you!!!

Woot woot! Pretty much exactly what we're all hoping to hear!

Updated Instruction PDF with Overview of Calibration Procedures added to support the detailed calibration procedure.

PointCTRL Instructions V3.pdf

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

Looking forward this very much. Can I ask what number you're up to in the list?

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

"Ladies and Gents, get set to have your immersion level go ballistic! Yes, I am Tester 1.. "

Actually your Tester 2...

Los

:joystick:

Yes but, He is Paying Tester Number 1:smilewink:

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

Yes but, He is Paying Tester Number 1:smilewink:

A little clarification on that... I am the first on that has paid for it... and I am testing it...lmao

So pphhhhtttttttttttt:megalol:

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

Awesome, I can't wait to get mine!

Anyone have a video of the PointCtrl "in action" flying a mission in DCS?

A part of NOSIG

As soon as I calibrate my FCU's, I'll post a video (in screen and physically) of PointCTRL in action.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Hey Hansang,

If you were checking it out with 2D Menus the HMS and FCU will feel like they are fighting each other. That goes away when you enter the cockpit. When you are in the cockpit and rotate your head left without moving the FCU the cursor moves to the right with the rest of the cockpit, just like it should. You are correct though, you do have to hold your head still while in a 2d Menu. If the HMS was not calibrated it will feel the same way in the cockpit. I am almost done the calibration instructions.

How did the Pimax mount work out?

Talk to you soon

Miles

Miles,

Once I put the double-stick tape on the HMS, it's on there SOLID. And I'll put the calibration routine through its paces tonight/tomorrow and report back.

One thing I noticed. I initially configured the timeout of the IR to 20 seconds. But in practice, 10 seconds is *more* than enough. Even if you're doing something complicated with the CDU, a simple click brings it to life. Initially, I figured longer was better/more convenient. In practice, 10 sec is more than enough, it seems.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

Miles,

Once I put the double-stick tape on the HMS, it's on there SOLID. And I'll put the calibration routine through its paces tonight/tomorrow and report back.

One thing I noticed. I initially configured the timeout of the IR to 20 seconds. But in practice, 10 seconds is *more* than enough. Even if you're doing something complicated with the CDU, a simple click brings it to life. Initially, I figured longer was better/more convenient. In practice, 10 sec is more than enough, it seems.

If your slow like me, it would time out when I was just about to press a button, so I usually keep it at 40 seconds.

At full power the FCU only draws about 40mah, and it has a 150mah battery. So if you kept on all the time at full power without any Time-Out you would get about 3 hours out of it. it drops down to about 5 mah with the LED out.

Miles

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

I have no idea how to do a video so can't help there!

So looking forward to playing with this in the near future. :)
You will be! It has been just awesome working with Miles and using PointCTRL! I even put it in my signature! I don't get paid and generally don't like or dislike stuff but the Jetseat and PointCTRL are must haves for VR folks!! You will see what I mean when you get yours! Be glad you signed up early because this is going to take off!! :pilotfly:

You will be! It has been just awesome working with Miles and using PointCTRL! I even put it in my signature! I don't get paid and generally don't like or dislike stuff but the Jetseat and PointCTRL are must haves for VR folks!! You will see what I mean when you get yours! Be glad you signed up early because this is going to take off!! :pilotfly:

Jet seat is on my list...just have to wait for October...

Have a feeling my dad will be getting both once he tries my rig with them. :D

I believe that I am on the list. How will we be notified when it is our time in the queue?

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

Hello, When in the list I’m the 108 how much time approximately ill have to wait to get my control?

I believe that I am on the list. How will we be notified when it is our time in the queue?

Hi, here is a link to other links that should help in answering your question. Keep checking the post.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3904142&postcount=916

Cheers

Howdy,

You can put me back on list of buyers..:).

-Iku64

Howdy,

Didn't got pm. I have too much going on on my RL so seems that I can not buy this until mid of June so you can put me to wait list..:). This is still THE MUST have equipment..:)

My row at list

25 Iku64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit