Both LITENING and SNIPER

RaceFuel85

Did the USAF block 50 carry it in 2007? I'm asking because I have look for pictures from Shaw, Misawa and Spangdahlem and can never tell the year.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Did the USAF block 50 carry it in 2007? I'm asking because I have look for pictures from Shaw, Misawa and Spangdahlem and can never tell the year.

DSC00327.jpg

79th FS at TMOTA in 2007

Obviously I'm not talking about the HTS pod, but the other side

Here is an example

http://www.f-16.net/f-16-news-article1706.html

The picture is label as a block 50 from Shaw but I cant tell since I do not see the tail number.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

DSC00327.jpg

79th FS at TMOTA in 2007

Cool thanks

To whom it may concern,

yea i brought this up many pages ago with images in the chit chat thread before the F16C viper got its own dedicated subforum.

IT seems the case that there are incidients of BLk 50s utilizing both Sniper XR and Litening 2 in the 2007 time period . So given ED's route with the Hornet, I would also welcome the LPOD as interim for the F16C until the Sniper XR can be implemented. in later stages of development.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I hope someone would write a new post explaining all the differences between Litening, sniper and don't-now-remember-name that hornet receives.

Like what is so much different in all them?

As I don't know so much about them at all, I still have the believe that the Litening in A-10 is way to accurate and clear by definition in software zooming etc. Just like Shkval is too high resolution camera as well.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Litening vs SniperXR

So as I understood, we wont get SniperXR pod, we will get Litening. For me its okay, I think they are with close opportunities, but im not an expert.

So is there a better pod between them?

And what version of Litening pod we will get in Viper? Is there only one version?

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

So as I understood, we wont get SniperXR pod, we will get Litening. For me its okay, I think they are with close opportunities, but im not an expert.

So is there a better pod between them?

And what version of Litening pod we will get in Viper? Is there only one version?

It has not been decided yet that we won't get the SniperXR, it is currently in limbo and can still be added back. they are just having a discussion about it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It has not been decided yet that we won't get the SniperXR, it is currently in limbo and can still be added back. they are just having a discussion about it.

Oh, thats great, will be so good if we get both of them. :thumbup:

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

Oh, thats great, will be so good if we get both of them. :thumbup:

Yeah hoping that too. I really wouldn't mind if we get the LITENING first if that is just easier to make and have the SniperXR come like 6 months later. If that is what they need to make it a proper fuctioning thing i am all for it. And if we don't get it due to lack of documentation then so be it I guess, at least we will have a proper Gen III pod

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah hoping that too. I really wouldn't mind if we get the LITENING first if that is just easier to make and have the SniperXR come like 6 months later. If that is what they need to make it a proper fuctioning thing i am all for it. And if we don't get it due to lack of documentation then so be it I guess, at least we will have a proper Gen III pod

Do you mean LITENING AT?

LITENING AT features a plug-and-play bay configured to accept a wide variety of data-links and recorders. Plug and Play II data-link capability offers warfighters increased range, digital data recording and an option to incorporate secure, two-way communications over ultra-high frequency (UHF) radios. LITENING's Plug and Play I, introduced in 2003, was the first data-link to be incorporated in a third generation targeting pod.

Do you mean LITENING AT?

LITENING AT features a plug-and-play bay configured to accept a wide variety of data-links and recorders. Plug and Play II data-link capability offers warfighters increased range, digital data recording and an option to incorporate secure, two-way communications over ultra-high frequency (UHF) radios. LITENING's Plug and Play I, introduced in 2003, was the first data-link to be incorporated in a third generation targeting pod.

Ehrr I think so yes.. not an subject matter expert, but i would assume we would get the latest version that matched the Vipers time frame.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 months later...