• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great Reference material

Regards,

Snowman_one

Gary Argue II

“De Oppresso Liber” — "To Free the Oppressed."

email: gargue@gmail.com

I am a Dyslexic and Disabled. So if you can't read something i wrote email me and write some back explaining and I'll get back to you.

So Now I have a lot of time to flight and learn. I fly FA-18c, AV-8a, F-15, A-10C and X-plane 777 and 737.

I Can't fly for real any more and can't work :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Another great reference.

I know the Hornet radar is WIP but the description of how to read antenna azimuth looks wrong (perhaps a typo ?) on page 116

attachment.php?attachmentid=201934&stc=1&d=1547297097

701007934_RadarAzimuthTyposWIPRadar2_5_4_25729.jpg.3d0c01fb5ebd44b368878535d9c667d6.jpg

Edited by Ramsay
phrasing

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

I know the Hornet radar is WIP but the description of how to read antenna azimuth looks wrong (perhaps a typo ?) on page 116

"Looks wrong" based on what?

The Early Access Manual states that the "80" you see on my slide is the Azimuth Scan setting.

"Azimuth Scan. The RADAR can have azimuth scan settings of 20, 40, 60, 80, and 140 degrees. Pressing this pushbutton cycles between the settings with successive presses." (from the ED manual p 158)

My interpretation of this paragraph is that the radar azimuth sweep angle can be set manually and that a smaller azimuth angle gives you a faster radar response time. You won't always want your radar to cover the full 140 deg (since it gives you a slower response time).

If you have solid information that the radar scale works differently, by all means please share this information with us so I can do the correction. However, what I see so far is consistent with what's written in the ED manual.

Edited by Charly_Owl

They're talking about the labels at the top of the display "Azimuth 20/40 Deg Left/Right" which should be 30/60.

why would it be 30 , 60 ?? as per the picture he has the full azimuth set up to 80 degree which is 40 right and 40 left .

if you however change the full azimuth scan to 120 degree then it should be 30 , 60 .

am i correct or did i get something wrong ?

why would it be 30 , 60 ?? as per the picture he has the full azimuth set up to 80 degree which is 40 right and 40 left .

if you however change the full azimuth scan to 120 degree then it should be 30 , 60 .

am i correct or did i get something wrong ?

It's about the green marks in the top of the display.

Possible azimuth scan settings are 20/40/60/80/140°. At 140° you can see the antenna scan fully from left to right. E.g. when set to 60° the scan will only go to the first mark either side of the center line.

So to clarify for anyone that may be confised about this...

The azimuth markings on the top/bottom of the display (side to side from the aircarft’s nose) do not change with a change in sweep scale. Unlike the range scale, which does change based on which total range you have set. The marks are always 30/60 degrees whether you are doing a max/min sweep side to side. The reason one would narrow the sweep is to get a faster return or more updated image/target information if the radar has less moving to do left and right.

• 2 weeks later...
Chuck, any chance you'll update and include AGM-65, LGB & HARM employment guide any time soon?

+1 :music_whistling:

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

+1 :music_whistling:

He’ll do....patience... :)

Some time ago he stated that he is waiting for more features to be released...

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

• 1 month later...

Hey Chuck,

Just curious. When did you update this last?

• MB: MPG Z790 EDGE WIFI
  • Memory: WD Black SN850X 2TB PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2
  • CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K Desktop Processor 24 cores (8P+16E) 36M Cache
  • EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090
  • TrackIR on Samsung 49 inch Odyssey Widescreen
  • No money in my pocket lol

-13/01/2019: Fixed typo in the Air-to-Air Radar Azimuth Scale Description

-30/07/2018: Added Case III Recovery (ICLS Landing) Tutorial

-21/06/2018: Added IFF section in Radar & Sensors section, updated radio tutorial, radar section, carrier operation procedures, RWR section, catapult takeoff trim table, and AoA Indexer tables

-12/06/2018: Added hyperlink to Backy51’s Checklist and Redkite’s Controls Template

-11/06/2018: Typos corrected, updated RWR section, corrected Carrier Landing procedure

-9/06/2018: Initial Release

It's out-of-date for radar functionalities and IFF... and it's missing the new radar modes, Mavericks, AMRAAMS, AIM-9X, JHCMS, HARMs, Datalink...

I plan for an update once the Targeting Pod is implemented and existing features are mature enough. Keep in mind that it'll be a LOT of work.