Mirage Seems Slower when Afterburners + Can't Shoot Magics - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-10-2019, 05:06 AM   #1
redmantab

Default Mirage Seems Slower when Afterburners + Can't Shoot Magics

Team,

Love this aircraft. Love the updated cockpit. I've completed the Mirage Campaign and also about 10 missions of the Red Flag Mirage (been a bit, can't recall exact name). I know this jet pretty well. Over the last few months or so, all of a sudden somethings are different....

1 - She really seems slower then going afterburners. I've dropped fuel tanks, tried everything, did the recent updates slow her down? I swear I don't have brakes on etc. Any ideas?

2 - I'm able to fire the Matra D missiles. Once I'm behind a sitting duck airplane in a mission I created....I'm able to easily switch to the mode that kind of feels like it auto locks on a target when its closer (forget that name too, please bear with me)....once I'm "auto locked on" I can click the 530 D on the cockpit and it lights up....boom I can fire. The far left missile, the magic's, I click on them all day long.....that little button never lights up. I've tried manually using the radar to lock the target and the "auto lock" mode. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance. Pardon my not remembering the names ...but I learned this beauty in VR AND while not speaking French....so over time I just learned what's where and mostly what it means.

Thank you in advance!
redmantab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 07:02 AM   #2
gabuzomeu

Hi,
There has been a change some time ago: you can only select missiles using the hotas
Chuck guide is your friend. https://www.mudspike.com/chucks-guid...-mirage-2000c/
Win 10 Home
gabuzomeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 08:46 AM   #3
redmantab

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabuzomeu View Post
Hi,
There has been a change some time ago: you can only select missiles using the hotas
Chuck guide is your friend. https://www.mudspike.com/chucks-guid...-mirage-2000c/
Kind of you to reply, but it seems you weren't too thorough reading what I said....

- I mentioned in my my post that I'm able to click on one of the missiles (Matra D but I can't click on Magics)....so you must not be correct that you can only select missiles using the hotas. Also, any thoughts on my speed/afterburners comment as well?

Cheers.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:44 PM   #4
sedenion

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmantab View Post
- I mentioned in my my post that I'm able to click on one of the missiles (Matra D but I can't click on Magics)....so you must not be correct that you can only select missiles using the hotas..

You can only select Magic using the HOTAS, and you no longer can using the PCA Button. However, to select the 530D, you have to select it using the PCA button. It seem strange, but this is how the real one behave, according people who know.
sedenion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 01:18 PM   #5
redmantab

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedenion View Post
You can only select Magic using the HOTAS, and you no longer can using the PCA Button. However, to select the 530D, you have to select it using the PCA button. It seem strange, but this is how the real one behave, according people who know.
Ahhhh. Ok, neat. Ty.

Also, any thoughts on my speed/afterburners comment as well? She feels so much slower than she used to be and the afterburners don't provide any louder audio...like...at all. It used to.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:30 PM   #6
Nooch

The "aircraft seems slower" issue is something I have noticed on the Hornet as well. I haven't created a thread yet because I wanted to collect more evidence and find out the possible cause. It probably affects all jets in DCS by the way. On the Hornet I've noticed that it sometimes wouldn't give me full afterburner even though my throttle was set to max.
Nooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 03:16 PM   #7
tugais

A few weeks ago I was flying formation at Mach 2.3, FL400. Launched the game a few seconds ago and achieved the same result over the Strait of Hormuz. I'm running the stable release.
Old 12-13-2019, 10:46 PM   #8
redmantab

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedenion View Post
Would you please elaborate, specifically, on how I select the Magic using the Hotas? What command etc am I looking for? I use x52 flight sticks btw. Thank you sir.
Old 12-13-2019, 11:13 PM   #9
baltic_dragon
3rd Party Campaign Creator

Hey redmantab! For Magics you'll want to use the 3-position switch, IIRC called Weapons Select Switch. It switches between Magics in AA mode / Guns in AA mode / PCA selection. It is true that now in order to activate the Magics you have to use your HOTAS. I am working on an updated version of the manual.
M-2000C RED FLAG (more info) (trailer)
Please check my FACEBOOK PAGE for the latest news and information.
baltic_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 07:21 PM   #10
redmantab

Quote:
Originally Posted by baltic_dragon View Post
Hey redmantab! For Magics you'll want to use the 3-position switch, IIRC called Weapons Select Switch. It switches between Magics in AA mode / Guns in AA mode / PCA selection. It is true that now in order to activate the Magics you have to use your HOTAS. I am working on an updated version of the manual.
Thanks Baltic Dragon! That will help alot! Also, just curious, am I right that many of the aircraft feel a bit "slower"? The afterburners aren't even audible anymore. What gives?