Feelers - RAZBAM DCS: IA 58 Pucará - Page 24 - ED Forums

Notices

View Poll Results: Would you like to see a DCS: IA 58?
Yes, I would (please reply to this thread to explain why) 103 37.18%
No, I wouldn't (please reply to this thread to explain why) 174 62.82%
Voters: 277. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-10-2018, 07:54 AM   #231
Don Rudi

Pucara would be an instant buy for me and such a great asset for the South Atlantic map
Modules: UH-1H Huey, Mi-8MT, SA342M Gazelle, Mirage 2000C, A-10C, L-39, MiG-21, F-86, MiG-15, Hawk T.1 (RIP), C-101 Aviojet, Bf 109K, F-5E Tiger II, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, AJS-37 Viggen, AV-8B Harrier II NA, FC3, Black Shark 2, F/A-18C Hornet, Community A-4E Skyhawk, F-14 Tomcat, Fw 190-A8, Christen Eagle II, F-16C Viper, JF-17

Hardware: i7-9700k @ 4,8 GHz, GTX 1080, 32 GB, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek pedals, 28" BenQ, TM Cougar MFDs with 11,3" screen
Don Rudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 09:06 AM   #232
NeilWillis
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGon View Post
"Some action" is a little understated. They actually saw quite a lot of action as close air support aircraft and helicopter hunters.
1 empty shed and one Scout helicopter destroyed - the second action resulted in the total loss of one of the pair of Pucaras involved as well (it flew into a mountain). Does that qualify as understated when saying "a little action"?

I can't see why this would take priority over something like an A-6 or Bronco as the next big thing in DCS World - not that the project is proceeding anyway. But of all the world's combat aircraft that could be modeled, one that has never been in a proper war, only an undeclared "conflict" that was over very quickly - albeit with a lot of casualties - is rather strange to suggest the Pucara given what else is out there.
NeilWillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 01:16 PM   #233
Don Rudi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilWillis View Post
1 empty shed and one Scout helicopter destroyed - the second action resulted in the total loss of one of the pair of Pucaras involved as well (it flew into a mountain). Does that qualify as understated when saying "a little action"?

I can't see why this would take priority over something like an A-6 or Bronco as the next big thing in DCS World - not that the project is proceeding anyway. But of all the world's combat aircraft that could be modeled, one that has never been in a proper war, only an undeclared "conflict" that was over very quickly - albeit with a lot of casualties - is rather strange to suggest the Pucara given what else is out there.
Pardon, but what conflicts did the AT-6 serve in so far? And while the Bronco has seen war, it was a FAC aircraft, but not a full grown COIN aircraft like the Pucara. Could it be your British view on Argentinian things that blinds you a little bit here? No offence intended!
Modules: UH-1H Huey, Mi-8MT, SA342M Gazelle, Mirage 2000C, A-10C, L-39, MiG-21, F-86, MiG-15, Hawk T.1 (RIP), C-101 Aviojet, Bf 109K, F-5E Tiger II, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, AJS-37 Viggen, AV-8B Harrier II NA, FC3, Black Shark 2, F/A-18C Hornet, Community A-4E Skyhawk, F-14 Tomcat, Fw 190-A8, Christen Eagle II, F-16C Viper, JF-17

Hardware: i7-9700k @ 4,8 GHz, GTX 1080, 32 GB, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek pedals, 28" BenQ, TM Cougar MFDs with 11,3" screen
Don Rudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 04:47 AM   #234
jamyang

I vote yes. It deserves a site of its own in DCS, not only for what it represents, which is obvious, but also because it is a unique aircraft in its kind
jamyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 07:22 PM   #235
Rakkis

I vote yes, with Kiowa Warrior inbound, Super Tucano, (Possible) OV-10 Bronco, and ED's own stated intention to add Technicals as assets, COIN operations will add new depth to scenarios in DCS that aren't "Massive 'First World Near-Peer' War" scenarios.
Rakkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 06:01 PM   #236
Harlikwin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakkis View Post
I vote yes, with Kiowa Warrior inbound, Super Tucano, (Possible) OV-10 Bronco, and ED's own stated intention to add Technicals as assets, COIN operations will add new depth to scenarios in DCS that aren't "Massive 'First World Near-Peer' War" scenarios.
I mean lets be real, DCS is nowhere near being able to simulate Massive First world Near-Peer scenarios. Its already much close to a permissive or lightly contested air enviroment kinda thing right now, especially asset wise.

Personally I'm waiting for DCS predator edition... I might even get out of VR for that one
Old 01-10-2020, 12:17 AM   #237
ngreenaway

im curious what the results of this poll would be today in light of falklands map coming? seems this poll was run quite awhile ago. looks like an interesting/unusual plane that could be fun to fly, even if it did have a limited number of operators. i mean, if the CE2 can find a niche in DCS, i dont see why this couldnt

id vote yes, if the poll was still open. which its not. so i wont.
ngreenaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 05:38 AM   #238
kotor633

No Please not! Totally unnecessary.
kotor633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 05:44 PM   #239
Jester986

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngreenaway View Post
im curious what the results of this poll would be today in light of falklands map coming? seems this poll was run quite awhile ago. looks like an interesting/unusual plane that could be fun to fly, even if it did have a limited number of operators. i mean, if the CE2 can find a niche in DCS, i dont see why this couldnt

id vote yes, if the poll was still open. which its not. so i wont.
Yea, I voted no because I didn't know about the Falklands map being developed at the time. I did a quick goodgle and said "It's uglier than an A-10! Just make a Bronco, no thanks!" But I've changed my mind and would vote for it now.
Jester986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 06:53 PM   #240
Rick50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Rudi View Post
And while the Bronco has seen war, it was a FAC aircraft, but not a full grown COIN aircraft like the Pucara.

While that was it's stated peacetime role, from what I gather abt it's Vietnam service, it did more than only FAC. I believe it did sometimes do CAS. Also, the night variant, the D model, did CAS / Interdiction at night, with FLIR and a 20mm gatling on an underside turret. I've also seen Bronco's delivering small teams by parachuting out the back, be they sniper teams, FAC ground teams, or special forces.
Rick50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
attack, dcs, pucara, razbam, tucano